S21FE with SD888

samsung bloatware apps have to be disabled and unused apps have to be put in deep sleep mode in samsung phones ., only then they give good battery life
This is completely untrue. S20 FE 5g is being used by my family member for past 3 years and 0 problems with the battery life. They use most of the Samsung apps too.

I have an S23U for last 1 year and to say the battery life is exceptional on that is an understatement. Again, I find most of the Samsung apps to be of an amazing quality and use them often.

It can be that the 888 might be the culprit on S21 FE but that will make this as an exception with bad battery life in my experience.

Last edited:
Is this a good buy with the 888?
No, because of S888 basically. It is exynos in Qualcomm's clothings because it is made in Samsung fab. IMO pay extra to get iQoo Neo 9 pro or OP 12R. I can confirm that primary camera of OP 11R is equivalent to S20FE/S21FE. Ultrawide & telephoto aren't.

NP 2a has an inferior primary camera vs my S20FE 5G, not a night & day difference for sure.

IMO in Samsung's current line up, F15/M15 are good under 15k, then maybe A34, then S23, S23U & S24U. Exynos of S24 & S24+ is much better than earlier but is still inferior to 8 Gen 3.

This is completely untrue. S20 FE 5g is being used by my family member for past 3 years and 0 problems with the battery life. They use most of the Samsung apps too.

I have an S23U for last 1 year and to say the battery life is exceptional on that is an understatement. Again, I find most of the Samsung apps to be of an amazing quality and use them often.

It can be that the 888 might be the culprit on S21 FE but that will make this as an exception with bad battery life in my experience.
i myself have 5 samsung phones in my home and i have good idea of whether im true or untrue.

google "samsung bloatware battery" and you will find out. either they have to be removed or disabled or put in deep sleep for better battery. i was referring to samsung BLOATWARE apps not normal apps like browser, camera etc. dont confuse between those 2. no one uses bloatware apps and no one benefits from their existance in a phone. disabling bloatware will increase battery life in any android phone whether you accept it or not.

i myself have 5 samsung phones in my home and i have good idea of whether im true or untrue.

google "samsung bloatware battery" and you will find out. either they have to be removed or disabled or put in deep sleep for better battery. i was referring to samsung BLOATWARE apps not normal apps like browser, camera etc. dont confuse between those 2. no one uses bloatware apps and no one benefits from their existance in a phone. disabling bloatware will increase battery life in any android phone whether you accept it or not.
Is there bloatware even in the S series? I just used one M series phone and decided to never use Samsung again but I had heard people say S series has no bloat.

Is there bloatware even in the S series? I just used one M series phone and decided to never use Samsung again but I had heard people say S series has no bloat.
almost every phone (including S series) comes with bloatware. the number of bloatware apps differs from company to company. i have disabled around 60 bloatware apps in my s9, s9 plus and s20, s22 and a21.

almost every phone (including S series) comes with bloatware. the number of bloatware apps differs from company to company. i have disabled around 60 bloatware apps in my s9, s9 plus and s20, s22 and a21.
@r2d3 how about sharing the list of apps that you have disabled. i'm assuming that there are no undesirable side-effects.

please find the attachment below. these were the apps i disabled on galaxy s22. its better to go through the list once before disabling. i prefer disabling and force stopping over uninstalling although latter works fine too. if you disable an app you wont have to go searching for the apk file if you ever need the app in future.

i would recommend looking at XDA forums for bloatware list. there might be few more apps you can disable/uninstall without any issues.

Attachments

• s22 disabled apps.txt
    5 KB · Views: 47
I personally only consider ads and services being pushed as bloat. This seems to be stuff from Samsung's ecosystem that you can't get mad at them for pre-installing. On the M series phone it would show you ads on the lockscreen and every update would include fresh bloat.

please find the attachment below. these were the apps i disabled on galaxy s22. its better to go through the list once before disabling. i prefer disabling and force stopping over uninstalling although latter works fine too. if you disable an app you wont have to go searching for the apk file if you ever need the app in future.

i would recommend looking at XDA forums for bloatware list. there might be few more apps you can disable/uninstall without any issues.
Have you tested battery life before and after?

I've looked at these xda lists before and not found them worth the trouble as they disable a lot of useful features in the phone. There's probably a discussion about this couple of years back.

The s20fe has been good for me so far as battery is concerned

Have you tested battery life before and after?

I've looked at these xda lists before and not found them worth the trouble as they disable a lot of useful features in the phone. There's probably a discussion about this couple of years back.

The s20fe has been good for me so far as battery is concerned
i didnt test methodically but better battery was evident. my 1st samsung was s8 which used drain 7-8% overnight before disabling the bloatware. after disabling the bloatware the overnight drain was 3-4%. exact same result with s9 and s9 plus. number of times i used to charge my phones also decreased. samsung dex also became lot more snappy after disabling bloatware.

with s22 and s20fe my cousins complained battery drain just within 3-4 days of purchase. s20fe was bought from this forum. i went ahead and disabled the bloatware and they didnt complain after that.

except samsung camera ,browser and music player, me or my cousins dont use any of the apps in the above list. so disabling them works well for us.

In my opinion if the battery is already great then no need to disable anything but if you are struggling for better battery then disabling bloatware is worth a shot. Speaking for myself even if I use a phone with 7000mah battery, I would still disable bloatware just for that extra juice. ;)

Last edited:
i didnt test methodically but better battery was evident. my 1st samsung was s8 which used drain 7-8% overnight before disabling the bloatware. after disabling the bloatware the overnight drain was 3-4%. exact same result with s9 and s9 plus. number of times i used to charge my phones also decreased. samsung dex also became lot more snappy after disabling bloatware.

with s22 and s20fe my cousins complained battery drain just within 3-4 days of purchase. s20fe was bought from this forum. i went ahead and disabled the bloatware and they didnt complain after that.

except samsung camera ,browser and music player, me or my cousins dont use any of the apps in the above list. so disabling them works well for us.

In my opinion if the battery is already great then no need to disable anything but if you are struggling for better battery then disabling bloatware is worth a shot. Speaking for myself even if I use a phone with 7000mah battery, I would still disable bloatware just for that extra juice. ;)
My f62 has 7000mAh and disabling unnecessary Samsung stuff increased SoT by an hour so yeah, it's really useful

This must have been after a major update. The usual fix is to reset the system cache. Think there is an option at boot time to do it.
Yeah but why would you disable Bixby. The shortcuts are quite handy
I think it helps to audit those lists and understand what stuff is being removed.

As far as testing goes, standby is usually a good indicator. If you found battery drop overnight halved then that's a good sign. Losing as much as 8% overnight is a lot. Things have improved though with oneui.

Motorola just released Edge 50. Looks like damn solid phone (with typical subpar camera I believe) for 31k (before offers and discounts).

Back