Sale on .org/.info domains

Josh

Skilled
Just checked there is some sale going on for some TLD's for some countries including india.

.org = 2.15 USD that comes around 120 bucks. For 1 Year. Earlier it was around 350 -450 bucks. ( INR )

So all u waiting this is the time to avail.

Cha
;)

Currently Running Promos

Check this... I will get back with more links if u want...

I regret not having a CC. If anyone is going to avail please please let me know. I will have u reimbursed fully... ;)

I want joshlabs.org

Oops its been running for long now... From May06. Its going to end on 31st dec. Also its for lots of countries including SouthEast Asian Countries like INDIA...

@Rio : And since its for Registrars of these countries ONLY i doubt if big players like godaddy will have this offer Rio.

Okay one noob question : I'm about to buy a .org domain from website.in

I can change the Nameservers right? (like once I buy it)

net4domains has a really sucky control panel. the offer is on with directi resellers. lemme know if anyone needs some .org costs me $1.49 as am a reseller. i bought loads of 'em for myself :D

Is this site reliable coz most scam sites offer discount rates for one year and then charge a big amount for renewal.

I say stick with godaddy, it has .org and .com for 400 bucks and .info for 230 bucks. You get total control over your domain.

Those who dont have a cc should use their friends card, thatz what i do for godaddy.

Btw net4india last time i checked does not let you change the nameservers and mx servers automatically.

^^

probably you havnt seen much of these sites. the site listed above is a directI reseller. As long as that guy stays around you have your domain. the main registrar is indian so added advantage, you can pay with some other options as well. not everyone has a cc.

Personally i hate godaddy. they mislead ppl a lot with their offers, directi its plain and simple. for me

com/net = 350
org ~ 75
info = 110

give me a reason to go with godaddy. their support sucks. hosting sucks. directi i can call anyday (mumbai). and they have good support

EDIT : As of misleading people, this offer is only till year end i guess. the prices are for first year. after that its normal 7~8$ a year. with godaddy.....they cheat you round the year. you get a mail that domains at $4 only. you jump on it and land on their site. then realise its on order of 5 or more domains:mad: .

n00b question: Can one book a .org domain for a commercial outfit?? or it has to be necessarily a non-profit organisation only??

Am asking it cos .org domains are much cheaper than .in and .co.in domains.

arya said:
^^

the main registrar is indian so added advantage, you can pay with some other options as well. not everyone has a cc.

When it comes to domains i dont trust Indian companies. (eg net4india). You can even ask TE admins for this coz they had some problems with net4india. There are many more but i dont want to go into details.

arya said:
Personally i hate godaddy. they mislead ppl a lot with their offers, directi its plain and simple. for me

Well its obvious that you are going to hate godaddy. bcoz you are its competitor. :eek:hyeah:

arya said:
give me a reason to go with godaddy. their support sucks. hosting sucks. directi i can call anyday (mumbai). and they have good support

Maybe their support n hosting sucks for you not for me. Using them for around 2 years now. There i gave you two good reasons to go with godaddy.

arya said:
As of misleading people, this offer is only till year end i guess. the prices are for first year. after that its normal 7~8$ a year.

with godaddy.....they cheat you round the year. you get a mail that domains at $4 only. you jump on it and land on their site. then realise its on order of 5 or more domains:mad: .

Technically speaking thats not cheating its called marketing. So you say that cheating 1 month in a year is good and cheating 12 months in a year is bad. :D

Btw my earlier post was for Josh and people like him who will fall for this marketing trap(or cheating in Arya's words). Just wanted to warn them about this.

Btw Arya, godaddy does not give me any money for promoting their products but when you post something on this topic you have an ulterior motive.

Josh go with this deal and then post your reviews here. If its good maybe ill book couple of domains. ( See arya im not a godaddy fanboy)

PS - Arya please dont make this into godaddy flame war.

Darthcoder said:
n00b question: Can one book a .org domain for a commercial outfit?? or it has to be necessarily a non-profit organisation only??

I dont know about comercial outfit but my friend uses his .org domain for commercial purposes. He has not received any warnings yet.

Guys, how is spritehost.com??

Need to book a .org or a .in domain soon.

And am still confused about the .org thing :( (whether it can be used for commercial purposes or not, like promoting something).

Hey Darth u can use ORG for any business. It does not matter. Only thing is that ur customers will probably think its not a commercial site. Otherwise there is no issues from any authority.

Hacker said:
PS - Arya please dont make this into godaddy flame war.

Dont worry abt it. My probs are with them, not you :eek:hyeah:

Hacker said:
When it comes to domains i dont trust Indian companies. (eg net4india). You can even ask TE admins for this coz they had some problems with net4india. There are many more but i dont want to go into details.

i told in my earlier post Net4 sucks. they are melbourneIT resellers, so what can you expect from them. check this out btw Fastest Growing Registrars. public domain registry is directi business, they are really big.

Hacker said:
Well its obvious that you are going to hate godaddy. bcoz you are its competitor.

me no compititor :bleh: . just hate godaddy coz a sql server db backup costs 150$ (you find this only in fine prints) and support replies after 24 hours. directI, call em up at 10 issue resoled at 11 :hap2: .

Maybe their support n hosting sucks for you not for me. Using them for around 2 years now. There i gave you two good reasons to go with godaddy.

figure this, i have over 100 domains, clients, friends family. 15+ Just for me. outta all these 1 with godaddy. i still regret going with them :( .

Technically speaking thats not cheating its called marketing. So you say that cheating 1 month in a year is good and cheating 12 months in a year is bad. :D

Btw my earlier post was for Josh and people like him who will fall for this marketing trap(or cheating in Arya's words). Just wanted to warn them about this.

cheats as overall company. domains are not something you change every day. but you should get what you paid for. as in first post in this thread, it can be taken as promotion. it clearly says that discount is for only first year. godaddy will always mislead you with confusing mails.

Btw Arya, godaddy does not give me any money for promoting their products but when you post something on this topic you have an ulterior motive.

Josh go with this deal and then post your reviews here. If its good maybe ill book couple of domains. ( See arya im not a godaddy fanboy)

i dont doubt that :D. just a appy customer i guess. godaddy is for people who dont need much from them. But my point is big always dosnt mean best and indians always doesnt mean problems.

and btw you can use any domain for business purpose. except some like gov, ac.in etc. its even difficult to get them. so use org for biz :eek:hyeah:

Hacker said:

When it comes to online service I dont trust any Indian company and definitely not net4domains. I can go on and on and on about their service as I have first hand experience on techenclave.com with them. Thats the only domain I ever bought from them.

Yet I popped their name as I was assuming that you will have a small website which would not go to the level of dedicated or VPS hosting anytime sooner. So if you just want to go for shared hosting they are fine for the Rs.100 tag. You can change the nameserver IP to point to your current hosting provider.

However since I have been singed and burned many times over I would not recommend them if you are serious about your site. But if you are just securing a domain name for yourself and dont plan to start off a site soon then use them.

Back