Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

Won this Auction :: SAMSUNG VIBRANT T MOBILE SGH Galaxy S Phone MINT - eBay (item 190508331159 end time Mar-04-11 07:58:58 PST)

How's the deal ? Although i m very much interested in buying this , just for the sake of knowledge , i would like to ask what's are the scenario's possible if i don't pay the seller and don't wish to purchase it ?

Also, if anyone's eyeing this piece can contact me via PM because i m on crossroads whether to go in for a mint or a brand new sealed. This is the first ever auction i have won on eBaY :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I need help with this , now my primary shipping address is marked to the Aramex address in the US and my paypal confirmed address in India .. will the seller or paypal create any issues ? what do i need to communicate to the seller ?

Enter your Aramex address as the primary shipping address before you proceed to make payment through paypal. I'm not sure but you may need to get your paypal account verified.

madnav said:
vibrant is galaxy S
captivate is galaxy S
i9000 is galaxy S :p

yes they are compatible if not the same.
but what accessory are you looking for?
LOL I thought there would be some physical difference in all these phones.

I am looking out for good body cover.

@Archat68,

My a/c is verified but for the Indian Address .. and, i have marked the Aramex address as the primary shipping address in the eBay account. Have sent a msg to the seller, lets see what he replies.

In that case don't need to say anything to seller - just pay using paypal - in paypal your Aramex address will show up as confirmed or verified - whatever it may be.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
LOL I thought there would be some physical difference in all these phones.

I am looking out for good body cover.
In that case Galaxy S (i9000) and the vibrant are similar.

Just got this phone. How do you think the deal is? Samsung Captivate i897 (AT&T) EXCELLENT CONDITION! - eBay (item 330538604204 end time Mar-05-11 13:21:28 PST)

Hope that the spare batteries included are original :D

Also, there are a couple of Captivates which seem in good to mint condition as Buy It Now listings. Check them out :)

BTW, I have a small query using aramex. I created the account and have ordered the phone to the US address. I would like to know where I can mention on aramex website where I would like to ship my phone. Is it the registration address or the pickup address. Also, does Aramex provide an option for me to collect from their office.

Thanks. Cheers.

Guys something very strange is going on. I can not see the listing for link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...IfTkzmorDrqMwAyxN8%3D&viewitem=#ht_500wt_1156 anymore.

Also, in ebay my wins I am not getting this listing anymore. Really worried now. What happened to the amount I transferred. Some one please help.

EDIT: The item instead is now listed again here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-Captiva...Cell_Phones&hash=item4cf5a51615#ht_500wt_1156

I am really confused. Forget the phone, what happened to my money :(

Deepak said:
Guys something very strange is going on. I can not see the listing for link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...IfTkzmorDrqMwAyxN8%3D&viewitem=#ht_500wt_1156 anymore.

Also, in ebay my wins I am not getting this listing anymore. Really worried now. What happened to the amount I transferred. Some one please help.

EDIT: The item instead is now listed again here

Samsung Captivate i897 (AT&T) EXCELLENT CONDITION! - eBay (item 330538751509 end time Mar-06-11 16:28:51 PST)

I am really confused. Forget the phone, what happened to my money :(

Contact seller about the issue , if he doesnt respond properly , goto paypal and open a case in resolution center that item is not delivered , seller is not responding ..... do this within 45days from the payment , this is the only option left to you

If the seller does not provides you tracking no within 7 days open a dispute with paypal. also inform ebay customer care. you will get your refund but will take some time.

My captivate arrived today. Instead of normal 1% +3%paid last time for my ZTE Blade, this time I was Charged @ 1% + 5% + 3%. I think the extra 5% is CVD, don't know why. :(

Anyways, waiting for day to be over so that I can see the phone once I return to home from Office.

I bought 2 Vibrants off ebay.com. One was slightly used for a week and one was sealed.

The used one came duty free with shipping charges of 18USD (calculated to Rs.913 by Aramex. Dont know what conversion rate are they using :s )

And the new one was slapped a duty of Rs.954. WTH?? :s I ended up paying 913+954 = Rs. 1867 extra for the new one. :|

How do they calculate these rates? Is there any set rule?? :S

Just spoke to Anuradha and she says the new import duty rates (5.3%) are already enforced from March 1st. :|

So thats the reason for the Rs.954 duty. :/

First Paypal, now this..I'm so damn pi$$ed off at this moronic government. :/

Back