Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

@soulfire and archat : please post the easy methods and if possible ask 'AVI' to update the first post

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

So finally I unlocked both of my captivates [2.1 eclair] :clap:
unlocking credit goes to 'Private Ryan' who helped me by providing the superoneclick software
Purchasing credit goes to 'varkey' aka vivek who helped me to pay for the item through paypal

Steps to unlock captivate 2.1 eclair
1. turn on the debugging mode [settings>applications>development>usb debugging]
2. connect the cell to computer & open superoneclick software
3.click on ROOT [ you will see successful at the last line]
4. there is another TAB called Captivate , select 'get unlock code' option and thats it !
5. insert any gsm sim card after that a menu is displayed , just enter the digits that you got from Step 4 , then restart :p

veer_singh said:
So finally I unlocked both of my captivates [2.1 eclair] :clap:

unlocking credit goes to 'Private Ryan' who helped me by providing the superoneclick software

Purchasing credit goes to 'varkey' aka vivek who helped me to pay for the item through paypal

Steps to unlock captivate 2.1 eclair

1. turn on the debugging mode [settings>applications>development>usb debugging]

2. connect the cell to computer & open superoneclick software

3.click on ROOT [ you will see successful at the last line]

4. there is another TAB called Captivate , select 'get unlock code' option and thats it !

5. insert any gsm sim card after that a menu is displayed , just enter the digits that you got from Step 4 , then restart :p

^Glad to know it worked, mate. :) Always happy to help. :D

Enjoy your new unlocked phone. :D

Got my vibrant today :D

p1030916b.jpg

Unlocked it using the old school way ;)

Phone Cost:275USD-->Rs.13,067/-

Aramex Charges: 507(shipping) + 1263 (custom duty)-->Rs.1770/-

Total Cost:Rs.14,873/-

Aramex Shipping Time:6 Days

^Did it come without the box and all accessories? Asking cos if it came with the box, I dont know

how your package managed to weigh less than 1.12 lbs for that $10 shipping.

Both my Vibrants weighed 1.12+ lbs with box and all accessories. :(

congrats..:hap2:
@Ryan, it can be due tyo volumetric weight.. many sellers ship the cell phone box within another box with extra pading...which was case with mine..it was fully boxed (brand new in box) with a larger box which ended up being 1.45lb.. the actual weight of the package never crossed half kg /1lb

Guys my parcel got delivered to aramex today morning around 10am New York time. Usually when do they update the shop and ship account? Im still not getting an update in my aramex account. thanks.

memnom said:
Guys my parcel got delivered to aramex today morning around 10am New York time. Usually when do they update the shop and ship account? Im still not getting an update in my aramex account. thanks.
^ They take 3-4 hours to update details.

madnav said:
@Ryan, it can be due tyo volumetric weight.. many sellers ship the cell phone box within another box with extra pading...which was case with mine..it was fully boxed (brand new in box) with a larger box which ended up being 1.45lb.. the actual weight of the package never crossed half kg /1lb

Both the sellers from whom I bought did the same. One package weighed around 1.12 lbs, and the other 1.4 lbs. :/

Btw, OT, I see that the weird guy in your avatar has started nodding faster. xD

Private Ryan said:
^ They take 3-4 hours to update details.

Both the sellers from whom I bought did the same. One package weighed around 1.12 lbs, and the other 1.4 lbs. :/

Btw, OT, I see that the weird guy in your avatar has started nodding faster. xD
yup even i noticed it..
dunno how :(
i cant make it slow coz then the image size limit for the gif on TE crosses (will have to add/duplicate frames)

Had bought two phones, a Vibrant and a Captivate, one on Feb 23rd and one on 28th. Due to Delays in shipping by the sellers both reached Aramex only on 8th March (if only the feb 23rd guy had shipped on time...bah!). Both were delivered to my house yesterday. I had no idea about the 5% customs duty, but after reading the amounts some people have been charged, the overall duty for me was not that high. They charged Rs 1263/- in total as duty for both phones (spoke to anuradha and apparently customs took the total value of both phones as $400), and shipping charges were Rs 507/- each as my packages were only 0.9 pounds each :D Overall not dissatisfied but the cost went up by almost 500 bucks each due to the duty. Would have been a slightly sweeter deal without this.

Will unlock and post impressions later today if i get time.

Anyone have an extra screen protector and/or case for the Captivate? Will the amzer case for the Galaxy S fit the Captivate?

hunt3r said:
Overall not dissatisfied but the cost went up by almost 500 bucks each due to the duty. Would have been a slightly sweeter deal without this.

Will unlock and post impressions later today if i get time.

Anyone have an extra screen protector and/or case for the Captivate? Will the amzer case for the Galaxy S fit the Captivate?
Lol, well you gotta give some to the country (whether you want to or not, they will take it.) :lol: In any case, its still a good deal considering the price of the SGS locally is still above 21k at most places.

You are getting the same phone for much less.

The Galaxy S i9000 case will fit the Vibrant, but I highly doubt the case will fit the captivate, as they have different dimensions and the sharp edges of the captivate wont fit in a i9000 case. Since these are made of silicon/rubber, you can still squeeze them in, but it'll look weird. So yeah, for Vibrant, yes. For Captivate, no! :p

Private Ryan said:
Lol, well you gotta give some to the country (whether you want to or not, they will take it.) :lol: In any case, its still a good deal considering the price of the SGS locally is still above 21k at most places.

You are getting the same phone for much less.

The Galaxy S i9000 case will fit the Vibrant, but I highly doubt the case will fit the captivate, as they have different dimensions and the sharp edges of the captivate wont fit in a i9000 case. Since these are made of silicon/rubber, you can still squeeze them in, but it'll look weird. So yeah, for Vibrant, yes. For

Captivate, no! :p

Yep i agree, its definitely still a good deal :) But once you bought something assuming its a certain price, it always hurts to pay more then :p

Yea i know it'll fit the vibrant, as the dimensions are the same. Probably wont fit the Captivate but all the info i've seen online suggests the captivate also has the same dimensions. Was just wondering if anyone tried it out :p

Anyway if anyone does have an extra scratchgard or case for sale please do let me know. Thanks

Guys,

Got my Vibrant couple of days back....the phone was delivered to my Aramex address on 8th March and i received it on 12th March :clap: Thanks to Ryan who helped me to unlock the phone. Here is the pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards,

Chintan

I got a blue colored Rubber/jelly case and and otterbox defender case with my captivate. Looking for a good quality scratch guard or skin for the captivate. Once I find them i may consider selling either Jelly case/ Otterbox defender case.

Otterbox case is great while you are traveling as it provides 3 layer all round protection, but makes the phone bulkier as well.

hunt3r said:
Anyone have an extra screen protector and/or case for the Captivate?

Had a strange issue today.While taking on phone,phone ran out of juice so I removed the sim card and used it in another phone.Then when I started Galaxy S again with the same sim.It started asking for unlock code.Did the hex thing again and phone is unlocked again.

Is the hex method temporary :(

Back