Samsung employee shows Youtube Vanced on this employee's phone when demonstrating the new Samsung Watch

Haven't watched a single YT ad in years. Leeching is not good for the creator but then neither is the length of time wasted in a video for ads and self-promotions and time has far more value for me.

At the same time, I don't watch videos from every Tom, Dick and Harry who turn up in the recommendation list or try to self promote through blogs and forums with subscription mostly limited to media houses. Considering how YT has led a lot of people into a rabbit hole, can't say it has been generally for the good.

A good compromise would be to have in-video promotions without detracting from the main topic which actually Google doesn't allow since they want their own pound of flesh. However, considering how movies and music have survived piracy, I am pretty sure the vast majority of viewers have no idea about any of these apps, so I guess in a way we can be thankful to them.

I generally don't block youtube ads as a matter of principle but as of late they push way too many ads and too often. The ads are long, they repeat. It's like they want to annoy you into buying premium.

I generally don't block youtube ads as a matter of principle but as of late they push way too many ads and too often. The ads are long, they repeat. It's like they want to annoy you into buying premium.
I think the content creators can control the location and duration of the ads, but not what ad they show. I recently bought a smart TV and am having to watch the ads. But I also let complete ads play for my favorite content creators.

Back