Budget Above 40k Samsung Flip 4 or Iphone ?

NT40

Disciple
I currently have Samsung S20 FE. Before that I had S9 Plus, prior to that Samsung S7 and before that I was hardcore blackberry user. It was extremely tough for me to move away from blackberry.

I really don't like carrying big form brick in my pocket, hence I picked up S20 FE earlier this year over S22 Plus and other. Still I find that a bit difficult to carry at times. I don't prefer using a case/cover on phone.

My intended use are emails, calls, casual browsing, and occasional camera use. A single sim phone is fine with me, however has to be 5G.

I am leaning towards Samsung Flip 4, especially its form factor after being folded. Yes, it also looks a bit premium too :cool: Correct me if I am wrong.

Another potential consideration could be iphone. However, I have no other Apple device, even media player that I have is Shield Pro, tablet is Samsung S7 LTE, earbuds are Jabra elite 7 pro.

Please help me in taking decision - should I pick Flip 4 or explore Iphone? If Samsung Flip4, 128 GB or 256 Gb normal Flip4 or should I go for bespoke edition? Any color that you recommend?

Finally what would be a good price point to pick it up.

Thanks in advance :)

I currently have Samsung S20 FE. Before that I had S9 Plus, prior to that Samsung S7 and before that I was hardcore blackberry user. It was extremely tough for me to move away from blackberry.

I really don't like carrying big form brick in my pocket, hence I picked up S20 FE earlier this year over S22 Plus and other. Still I find that a bit difficult to carry at times. I don't prefer using a case/cover on phone.

My intended use are emails, calls, casual browsing, and occasional camera use. A single sim phone is fine with me, however has to be 5G.

I am leaning towards Samsung Flip 4, especially its form factor after being folded. Yes, it also looks a bit premium too :cool: Correct me if I am wrong.

Another potential consideration could be iphone. However, I have no other Apple device, even media player that I have is Shield Pro, tablet is Samsung S7 LTE, earbuds are Jabra elite 7 pro.

Please help me in taking decision - should I pick Flip 4 or explore Iphone? If Samsung Flip4, 128 GB or 256 Gb normal Flip4 or should I go for bespoke edition? Any color that you recommend?

Finally what would be a good price point to pick it up.

Thanks in advance :)
Don't have experience of using the Flip series personally but a friend of mine did not enjoy the bulging pocket from the fold. Also, the older versions have not proven to be exceptionally durable compared to bar phones, so it is still a bit of a gamble after the warranty period.

The weight difference between the two phones is a mere 3 gm !!

You might find this odd, but a folded flip 4 will feel like a bigger brick in your pocket than a S20FE because it is denser. If you don't fold it the difference will be minimal

You should find a flip 4 out in the wild and experiment with the feel before

The weight difference between the two phones is a mere 3 gm !!

You might find this odd, but a folded flip 4 will feel like a bigger brick in your pocket than a S20FE because it is denser. If you don't fold it the difference will be minimal

You should find a flip 4 out in the wild and experiment with the feel before
Its been 24 hrs since I have been using Flip4.. experience is mind blowing.. It goes with much ease in the pocket especially of jeans and while driving and sitting I dont even feel that I have a brick in pocket.

Will update as I continue :)

The idea of opening and closing each time I want to use the phone will get old fast.

Can close the phone one-handed but more importantly need two hands to open the phone

When I could just dbl tap...

Just admit you want a new toy to play with :p

Last edited:
I've used the Flip for a couple of months. Phone feels light in the pocket and you'll definitely feel the difference of carrying a regular device and a folding one due to the sheer compactness. But you'll quickly get over the novelty of folding device. It was fun at first but unfolding everytime for usage felt cumbersome. Battery life was mediocre.

I've used the Flip for a couple of months. Phone feels light in the pocket and you'll definitely feel the difference of carrying a regular device and a folding one due to the sheer compactness. But you'll quickly get over the novelty of folding device. It was fun at first but unfolding everytime for usage felt cumbersome. Battery life was mediocre.
Interesting admission, I pointed this out when I heard it from a reviewer but few owners seem to agree with it.

Maybe they need more time.

I feel this would be good as a secondary phone. One you bring out to show off. Not as a daily driver.

Last edited:
I demoed the Flip at a Samsung store, and the novelty quickly fell when noticing those creases at the middle of the screen.
From what I read, the battery life is bad, specially for those who are constantly attached to their phones.
The Moro Razr 2022 is getting rave reviews. Only launched in China though.

Well you are on the right forum.
Just wait a year and your dream of a 256gb Z flip under 40k will come true.
Being an avid user of the flip 4, I chose it for a cut down on my online time. But you be the judge of your calling

Back