Samsung Focus - No market access

I was able to access the market until yesterday, when it asked me to create a zune account, I selected India.. and after that its not allowing me to change the setting again / displaying any market place items. Any work arounds ? I dont want to hard reset it !

Delete the live account associated with the phone. Make a new live account with your location as US/UK, enter that in your phone settings and you'll be fine.

Microsoft launched WP7 officially in india yesterday, so marketplace should be available for indian id, with US id you wont be able to buy paid apps.

What about Zune Marketplace? I don't want to use an Indian Live ID because it doesn't support Connect with Zune :(

^^ Paid apps should be your highest priority as you cant sideload paid apps in WP7 like android or ios from *ahem* sources :p

RS4 said:
^^ Paid apps should be your highest priority as you cant sideload paid apps in WP7 like android or ios from *ahem* sources :p
Yes, you can. There used to be a software on XDA called wAppStore which accidentally (no sarcasm intended) pulled paid apps off the Marketplace. As for sideloading them on your phone, there are a lot of softwares for that if you have an unlocked phone ....

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Heard that Windows 7 market place has now been launched in India. Why don't you guys try the Indian Live account now ?

Indian Live Accounts already used to display app prices in RS. Haven't tried to purchase anything though. But what keeps me from using an Indian ID is that I'll lose "Connect With Zune", which I really love.

You cannot delete the primary live account tied to your phone. The only way to do this is to Reset your phone from Settings>About.

do you mean you got marketplace on the phone? or marketplace in zune? I have zune 4.8 and for India, zune does not show marketplace, i have to use marketplace enabler each time to access marketplace from zune

Back