Samsung Galaxy Ace/ Cooper or Motorola Defy....

Kooldude16

Disciple
Guys...Please help me to decide on which is the best Android phone of these two.

Samsung Galaxy Ace/ Cooper or Motorola Defy?

I personally don't like Motorola bcoz most of the Motorola devices will not be reliable like poor battery charge, worst UI.

But after looking at the specs i some how convinced the Defy would be better than previous phones.

Please help me to select the best one, my requirements are:

1. Good looks
2. Good processor and RAM (i think both of them works on Qualcom 7227-1)
3. Good Camera with LED FLASH must
4. Most imp ANDROID 2.2
5. Max i can spend is 19k

Also let me know if any other options are there. I am from Bangalore so if any place where i can get this will also be helpful.

:hap5:

Defy was available at croma for 18-19k i think.

not worth that much.

i would pay 15-16k for these considering price drops for HTC desire & lg optimus p500.

Defy felt rather lighter, lacked a sturdy feel...felt like it may crack open on falling.

Galaxy Ace, on the other hand is a real upgrade to Galaxy Spica. again, 15-16k at max.

Hold on for a few weeks when these become persistent at local markets and prices shall fall to that category.

madnav said:
Defy was available at croma for 18-19k i think.
not worth that much.

i would pay 15-16k for these considering price drops for HTC desire & lg optimus p500.

Defy felt rather lighter, lacked a sturdy feel...felt like it may crack open on falling.

Galaxy Ace, on the other hand is a real upgrade to Galaxy Spica. again, 15-16k at max.
I dont know but i guess its not right to write off the Defy because it feels a certain way. Videos out there show that the Defy is tougher any other smartphone available now.

The Galaxy on the other hand has a lower res & smaller screen. Besides there are no review for the device as well, so we cant definitely say if its a real upgrade or not. Mobile-review also says that the device is likely to be expensive.. something like the HTC legend.

The only advantage which the Galaxy has is the Froyo.

And if you go over to Defy Android Development - xda-developers the Defy seems a lot of fun

i got a quote of 17k for moto defy at spice hotspot near forum, koramangala. though i doubt the credibility as the shop owner took around 20 minutes to find the revised price (he said price dropped few days back). but if it actually is 17k then I'd say its a great buy. defy has got tremendous support at xda devs

coldice4u said:
I dont know but i guess its not right to write off the Defy because it feels a certain way. Videos out there show that the Defy is tougher any other smartphone available now.

It was my personal opinion and im entitled to it. No claims were made.

coldice4u said:
The Galaxy on the other hand has a lower res & smaller screen. Besides there are no review for the device as well, so we cant definitely say if its a real upgrade or not. Mobile-review also says that the device is likely to be expensive.. something like the HTC legend.

read in the context 'real upgrade to Galaxy Spica'; since the other supposedly upgrade was Galaxy 3(which clearly didn't FEEL like any upgrade to Spica)

coldice4u said:
The only advantage which the Galaxy has is the Froyo.

And if you go over to Defy Android Development - xda-developers the Defy seems a lot of fun
It is irrelevant these days with dev support.

Spica was left with 2.1 by samsung and still has devs working on 2.3 for it.

so if the device is capable then it shouldn't matter alot.

among the two, Defy is an obvious choice but it is all relevant to pricing.

It uses an OMAP3610+Power VR SGX530(there has been a lot of discussion about this topic in other forums, moto did not release detailed spec sheets and users were left guessing about the GPU, then users requested moto for clarification on this and that is what moto said). If the price difference is less than 2k, i say go for the Defy- better screen, custom ROMs already out and supposedly the toughest phone in the android lot. The cortex A8 also has good overclocking ability- milestone users have taken it till 1.3GHz and it runs rock stable ad 1 GHz. Motorola's support and Samsung's support both have been criticized by users but if you are going to root and use custom ROMs, it doesnt matter when you get the official update or not. Just my personal opinion, i have not used either of the phones.

Kooldude16 said:
The price of ACE is 14900 Rs and Defy is 18900 Rs almost 4k difference is there. I am not into rooting and other stuff.

What is the RAM in ACE can any one comment on this?
Defy costs 18.1k in flipkart and someone has managed to get it for 17.5k :D (Browse the forum. I think he is from Mumbai/ Delhi)

Kooldude16 said:
The price of ACE is 14900 Rs and Defy is 18900 Rs almost 4k difference is there. I am not into rooting and other stuff.

What is the RAM in ACE can any one comment on this?

RAM is more likely to be less than 512MB on ACE

try to bargain and get Defy around 16k range.
And you will want to root and stuff once you go through defy forums over xda. The possibilities and horizons of what these devices can do are only limited by imagination these days.

madnav said:
RAM is more likely to be less than 512MB on ACE

try to bargain and get Defy around 16k range.

And you will want to root and stuff once you go through defy forums over xda. The possibilities and horizons of what these devices can do are only limited by imagination these days.

Can't be Galaxy ACE be rooted? Are there any limitations there?

Back