Samsung Galaxy R - a good choice?

rosemolr

Disciple
Hi guys,

A couple of weeks back i planned to change ma "outdated" iphone 2g and to buy a smartphone with android OS.Previously my plan was to buy Galaxy SLi9003 but in between while reading some reviews in here and other forums i thought about extending my budget and to buy Galaxy R.

Two days back i found a very nice deal in ebay but the phone was selling out like hotcake before i could make the transfer the seller ended the listing.I'm planning to do the purchase with EMI with my HDFC credit card.

Eventhough the rate in Flipkart was high i thought of buying it from flipkart but unfortunately it also moved to out of stock now.I'am watching ebay to buy the item wheneve the phone get listed with 20k pricetag.

Please help me out to find a trustworth online deal with HDFC emi option.

Please also comment whether i made the right decision for going galaxy R in 20k budget.

Thanks in advance guys...

If it is out of stock now, then it might come again with ICS pre-loaded.

Don't think Sammy will discontinue SGR so soon.The available device was imported/manufactued in Oct'11. So, after price drop it was sold out.

Guess,it should be available with ICS by March-April.

Hope so....

Today went to buy this phone for friend...

Local shop guy where telling R is discounted by Samsung...

Trying to hard to sell [font=arial, sans-serif]Galaxy S Plus[/font]

its in stock in sulekha for 19k now i booked mine frm letsbuy for 21k morning
<
hurry guys buy it frm sulekha
<
http://deals.sulekha.com/samsung-galaxy-r-i9103-now-just-rs-6033

Thanks alot for your replies...Today the seller in ebay listed the item again and placed the order right away...By seeing all your replies i'm sure that i made the right choice by purchasing SGR...i couldn't take the risk of placing an order with sulekha after hearing all the bad experience with them...so i went with ebay...my first preference was flipkart but even after a couple of mails to the team they were not even able to give me a tentative date for the item.

I was just wondering why don't the admins can open up pinned or dedicated thread for popular phones like SG2 and SGR so that our fellow members can share the info in once place like they do in XDA...

I will write a detailed review once the consignment is delivered to me...
<

Thanks alot for your replies...Today the seller in ebay listed the item again and placed the order right away...By seeing all your replies i'm sure that i made the right choice by purchasing SGR...i couldn't take the risk of placing an order with sulekha after hearing all the bad experience with them...so i went with ebay...my first preference was flipkart but even after a couple of mails to the team they were not even able to give me a tentative date for the item.

I was just wondering why don't the admins can open up pinned or dedicated thread for popular phones like SG2 and SGR so that our fellow members can share the info in once place like they do in XDA...

I will write a detailed review once the consignment is delivered to me...
<

Congrats for the purchase !!

u definitely made the right decision... for how much u got ?

it was listed for 21K and i had to pay 500INR extra for 6 months EMI...anyways..i will be getting a gift worth of 3k from ebay republic offer...i was having a 500RS off coupon but i didnt went for tht...is there anyone else who is planning to buy the same..coz the phone is selling out like hotcake...looks like a good VFM deal..

Hope so....

Today went to buy this phone for friend...

Local shop guy where telling R is discounted by Samsung...

Trying to hard to sell [font=arial, sans-serif]Galaxy S Plus[/font]

Yup true. Even Flipkart has it out of stock and they told one of my friends it is permanently out of stock.

Though it is a bit tough to believe it would be discontinued, that's usually what shop owners say if they wanna sell other phones or if the stock is low.

Then again, the Galaxy R may be actually decreasing their S2 sales, so they might be making sure there's a low stock in the market to make users jump to the S2.

Yup true. Even Flipkart has it out of stock and they told one of my friends it is permanently out of stock.

Though it is a bit tough to believe it would be discontinued, that's usually what shop owners say if they wanna sell other phones or if the stock is low.

Then again, the Galaxy R may be actually decreasing their S2 sales, so they might be making sure there's a low stock in the market to make users jump to the S2.

I feel its hard to believe that they discontinued(assumption as we don't have concrete news) because it was eating into S2 &S Plus market. They first dropped the price of R to a price bracket which was going to hurt their sales of other top models with the specs R has, which is why I am sure it was a calculated move.
<

-One reason can be to empty the stocks of R as they maybe lauching a new variant.

-Second can be to increase their market share in the quality smartphone market.

-Third can be it will be relauched in the coming months with ICS onboard.

Well this is what I hope, this should be just a temporary issue & it should be back in the market so that more people can lay their hands on this superbly VFM piece.
<

The seller had already sold 54 pieces in ebay within 3 days!!!I'am also happy to see that more people are buying this phone...coz more support will be there...I smell a new variant from samsung too.

I gotta buy one hard case and a 16 GB micro SD card for my phone..any suggestion guys???

to all who recently booked Galaxy R fromletsbuy recently ... are they delivering? as in have u got the phone? ... coz i booked it a week before and got an email from them saying shipment delayed, wen called up, got to knw that it has not been shipped yet as they are out of stock

@ritesh.agarwal i also booked frm letsbuy whn i caled them they tld they will ship it in monday donno .. i will call n confirm it 2maro ..

@rosemolr am also in search 4 a hard case if u gt 1 pls share d link ... samsung 16 gb class 6 card is available in theitbazaar.com .... chk it out ..

Samsung could have killed Samsung galaxy r for other models (galaxy s plus) and maybe the upcoming galaxy s advance.

Many retailers in mumbai are telling its discountinued- alfa,croma,vijay sales and few small shops in irla.

Saw Neo V & Galaxy R side by side today. Both phones are impressive but SGR with a larger footprint does stand out. Getting Neo V for 17.5k and SGR at 21k.

Enormously confused especially after reading about the discontinuation of SGR in the near future. Have no idea whether these reports are true but at that price there is nothing else that matches it.

Any suggestions?? Would have bought Neo V at 16k without a doubt but that extra piches me to go for R.

Saw Neo V & Galaxy R side by side today. Both phones are impressive but SGR with a larger footprint does stand out. Getting Neo V for 17.5k and SGR at 21k.

Enormously confused especially after reading about the discontinuation of SGR in the near future. Have no idea whether these reports are true but at that price there is nothing else that matches it.

Any suggestions?? Would have bought Neo V at 16k without a doubt but that extra piches me to go for R.

Did you consider other android phones at that Neo V price range- Defy Plus, Galaxy SL i9003, Optimus Black.

Back