Samsung Galaxy S Family Thread

madnav

Skilled
Opening a thread since many on the forum now how i9000 and variants.

#1st Post will be update with The Most useful mods, hacks, ROMs and other relevant content as per reports from users that have tried and tested these.

Notes:

1. There is no such thing as a Perfect ROM. Please do not ask such questions as 'What is the best ROM?';

2. Please mention ROM+Kernel+Modem when you post/suggest. The combination makes a lot of difference.

AT&T Captivate i897:

Where to start:

[PROGRAM] AIO Captivate Toolbox 2.5 (Rogers Fixed!) *Beginners/Advanced Start Here*

[GUIDE] How to Install a custom ROM *NOW WITH VIDEOS*

Smoothest combination:

Obsolete, Please follow the thread to keep updated

T-Mobile Vibrant T959:

Where to start:

[PROGRAM] AIO Vibrant Toolbox 2.5 *Beginners Start Here* Also for advanced users

Smoothest combination:

Obsolete, Please follow the thread to keep updated

As long as possible, please refer xda-dev forums for FAQs and issues (Since almost every problem you may face would have been discussed there) and try to keep this thread for suggesting ROMs and mods to other members.

*This is an on-going compilation, The credit goes to original developers at xda-dev forums.

kippu said:
why not the specific captivate sub forum :p
because most of the people would be willing to get 2.2/2.2+ on their variants.

there is no source for captivate or vibrant for 2.2 yet, all based on source of i9000.

Themes of i9000 are compatible with others and most roms are built with common ingredients

apart from roms, all other info would be sort of relevant, thus single thread :)

i am on andromeda 1.1... added the steel battery mod and adw launcher (Ubuntu themed)... totally loving it

gives very decent battery life and i am yet to find any bug...

shank21101985 said:
i am on andromeda 1.1... added the steel battery mod and adw launcher (Ubuntu themed)... totally loving it

gives very decent battery life and i am yet to find any bug...
please try to hyperlink the ROMs and Mods to their relevant sources as much as possible so that others can refer.

also mention the device :p

Anybody tried any other rom?

i'm gonna try Precision v2.5 now.

comes with Suckerpunch #41 100HZ kernel

and then will update to latest suckerpunch kernel #48.

will compare with current setup.

Benchmarks OOB after lagfixes was higher with Phoenix4.5 + SpeedMod kernel.

But suckerpunch #48 state that benchmarks will be low due to battery optimization..

this kernel comes with cpu clock and voltage control.

Touches 15000 on quadrant with 1.2GHz and optimization for performance.

As for general usage, Precision2.5+SuckerPunch Kernel #48 is turning out to be smoother. + addd 2.6 Black theme from their page and you are good to go!!

Battery Life was ample on Phoenix4.5 + SpeedMod kernel

Yet to evaluate the same on new setup.

Phoenix4.5 + SpeedMod kernel @ 1GHz

cap201102150044.jpg

Precision2.5+SuckerPunch Kernel #48 @ 1.2GHz

cap2011021502231.jpg

Next On the List: Overclocking and Undervolting

well vibrant has a final 2.2 out , its not based on the i9000 rom :D im on trigger 2.1.1 on vibrant :) pretty lively and stable.

Update:

Precision2.5 + SuckerPunch with Lagfix enabled = Battery Drain..

Had a fiasco with imei and baseband again... figured it was incompatible modem :p

flashed to proper one now.

Another tried:

Andromedia V1.1 which is based on Giorgio Armani i9010 which has official 2.2

This was complete failure.

All gapps and swype kept FCing

Currently trying:

Cezar's Yin 1.2b

The base of the ROM is I9088ZNKP2 with I9088ZNKP1 modem (i9088)

@others..

please leave some suggestions and numbers so that others can think if the change/effort is worth it :p

SoulFire said:
man so many issues on the captivate , i think you should move to the vibrant ;)
what issue? :p

there is no such thing as perfect rom

so evaluating one by one..

now captivate

vibrant when opportunity strikes :p

@Madnav : did u wipe the dalvik cache???
i am also on Andromeda 1.1... havent had any issues with it...

in the past i have been on
Perception

and

Cognition

and yes i have a Captivate i897..

am liking andromeda the most... its pretty stable and doesnt have any bugs.. none that have affected me atleast :)

shank21101985 said:
@Madnav : did u wipe the dalvik cache???

i am also on Andromeda 1.1... havent had any issues with it...

in the past i have been on

Perception

and

Cognition

and yes i have a Captivate i897..

am liking andromeda the most... its pretty stable and doesnt have any bugs.. none that have affected me atleast :)
yup i did a complete wipe; data,cache and dalvik cache. are you sure you tried 1.1 and not 2.1?

if that is the case then i will give it another go.

currently finding phoenix4.5 + speedmod k13b to be fastest and well featured.

will be trying to OC n UV on this for today.

2nd priority on list is Precision2.5; have to try this with speedmod instead of suckerpunch now..

This rom looks minimal with it's 2.6 black Theme

how are perception and cognition ?

bugs

benchmarks if any

features

SoulFire said:
man so many issues on the captivate , i think you should move to the vibrant ;)
Too many issues with the Captivate? I thought it was the Vibrant which had the issues :S Pardon my ignorance, have not done any proper research on the phones yet. But this is what i had gathered from a bit of reading so far

General Tip:

Disconnect your phone from pc before flashing through cw recovery. The phone enters debugging mode otherwise during flash/1st boot.. This results into loading of debugging IMEI (oo14 something)

This will result into radio not working (not FM radio) and you may have to reflash after disconnecting usb anyways.

All this is not really hassle to cope with...But the problem is that your Network Provider may see this as a suspicious behaviour and thereby bar you from service.

Also, if anyhow you flash improper radio, your IMEI will be unknown..resulting into similar action from Network Provider.

So flash with usb disconnected and SIM removed while trying new/different firmwares. (based of different modems and basebands that is..)

Back