Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 2 different models Which one is comming to India

cloud9store

Disciple
Jan 21, 2010
Bhopal
www.cloud9store.in
Dear TE Members.

I sell Adpo screenwards and i got screen guards from Adpo before the launch of the cell phone in India. I put them on sale and i sold out 16 units. After few days 2 buyers complaint that screen guard is not aligning properly on the phone. I asked one of the buyer to send me pictures and where i saw the difference. Then i searched online for the images and surprisingly i found 2 different images. So guys i need your help to find out which one is coming to India so that we can arrange screen guards for that. As well as i called every buyer to send screen guards back to me coz all of them ordered the cell phone from UK. None of them having Indian version coz it is still not yet launched. Find the picture below

[attachment=8152:14403.attach]

You guys can clearly see the difference in the front cam placing and ear speaker placing. I have screen guard for the right one but buyers have the left one.

So i request TE members to help me on that.

Regards and Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 192

cloud9store

Disciple
Jan 21, 2010
Bhopal
www.cloud9store.in

muzux2

ex-Mod
May 18, 2008
Srinagar
See this website, it is an Singapore/Hong kong based that sells the Galaxy SII (the right one) of your attached image. I assume the same model might be launched in india too. I may be wrong.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
The model on the left is carbon copy of the UK and EU i9100.

This is what I have and its Exynos equipped model.

Hong Kong was getting Tegra model according to Samsung PR.

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
although a hole puncher can solve the issue with FFC position.

also it may mean that indians are getting the tegra2 ones.. i dont see another reason for an unmatched position of ffc due to different mainboard layout..

@OP
for public interest, can you ask the customers to do a system info check for cpu type?
quandrant benchmark will give complete system info..]

cloud9store

Disciple
Jan 21, 2010
Bhopal
www.cloud9store.in
I don't know why they made that change. It can be an internal change but why they are making difference in the external parts. Well i have to wait till this launch in India then i have to see if my screen guards fits on it then i can sell them and have to mention that only for Indian SGS 2 but this is craziness.

Shripad said:
The model on the left is carbon copy of the UK and EU i9100.

This is what I have and its Exynos equipped model.

Hong Kong was getting Tegra model according to Samsung PR.

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
Exynos version is 9100. Tegra 2 version is 9103. Tegra 2 hasn't been released in any part of the world so far, AFAIK!

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
rite said:
Exynos version is 9100. Tegra 2 version is 9103. Tegra 2 hasn't been released in any part of the world so far, AFAIK!
It hasent been released yet. But Samsung Hong Kong twitted that Hong Kong will be getting Tegra 2 version of this phone in June. People asked again to confirmed the same and it was confirmed twice by Sammy's HK PR that it will be Tegra 2 version for the local market.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

time2shop said:
I don't know why they made that change. It can be an internal change but why they are making difference in the external parts. Well i have to wait till this launch in India then i have to see if my screen guards fits on it then i can sell them and have to mention that only for Indian SGS 2 but this is craziness.
Probably because there are packaging differences which has forced them to make these changes in Tegra version.

There is no reason to assume that they will be able to package more than year old Tegra chip as compactly as their own Exynos chip. This means subtle changes are needed on the exterior as well. There was growing fears right from the beginning that Asian version will be getting different SKUs and probably different internals like different SOC and camera chip.

rite

Skilled
Apr 27, 2007
Tegra 2 is 9103 and that is confirmed news. I think you can check on gsm arena but I am not sure.

And it hasn't been officially released yet, neither models, people are just importing through SYW

phoenix844884

The Analyst
Skilled
Apr 5, 2009
New Delhi/Chicago
OK I have the Exynos version with the front camera placement as shown in the piece on the left hand in the 1st post image.

@time2shop - The screen protector for SGS2 listed on your website is for which type of SGS2?