Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 32gb sandisk ultra. And For past 1 week was giving error. Till it died yesterday.

When formatted in windows, the process completed successfully. Although while copying files, it gets automatically ejected. So definitely some issue.

I am seeing abnormal Battery Drain since last two night.
It drains almost 10% an hour during the night - 100% to 30% during 2am-8am.

First night I thought it might be some open apps though there wasn't any suspecting app in the battery usage overview.
Last night it happened again - still when I have closed all the apps/wifi.

Googled it and saw many people already faced this problem.
Many folk suggested disabling the samsung apps resolves the issue. (http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Di...-Battery-Drain-sudden-drop/m-p/3320595#M34501)

Just now I have done
Code:
STOP and DISABLE the following; Samsung Account, Samsung Backup Provider, Samsung Cloud Data Relay, Samsung Push Service, and Samsung Syncadapters.

Is there anyone here faced similar issues with their S3?

My device : S3 16gb on Android V4.1.2

So far nothing,there was a samsung apps update yesterday though

also last one month my phone is suffering from severe lag .not sure why

I am seeing abnormal Battery Drain since last two night.
It drains almost 10% an hour during the night - 100% to 30% during 2am-8am.

First night I thought it might be some open apps though there wasn't any suspecting app in the battery usage overview.
Last night it happened again - still when I have closed all the apps/wifi.

Googled it and saw many people already faced this problem.
Many folk suggested disabling the samsung apps resolves the issue. (http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Di...-Battery-Drain-sudden-drop/m-p/3320595#M34501)

Just now I have done
Code:
STOP and DISABLE the following; Samsung Account, Samsung Backup Provider, Samsung Cloud Data Relay, Samsung Push Service, and Samsung Syncadapters.

Is there anyone here faced similar issues with their S3?

My device : S3 16gb on Android V4.1.2

Try Gsam battery monitor . And then monitor
1) One night keep your wifi / data on - Try to find what all apps sync even during the night
2) Next night keep those off and then observe.

I am on Sotmax v14. Very good on battery. With data/wifi off I remember having only 1-2% drop at night.

I am using "BetterbatteryStats" since morning.
But till now I couldn't figure out any suspects.

btw, may this be some hardware (battery) problem?

are you on official latest Indian firmware ?? Its buggy and have battery drain ...

yeah I am on Official Indian version.
I had updated almost a month ago. So if it have the battery problem...how come it was working properly till 3 days before. just wondering - if it got triggered by any other app or setting or anything !!!

I am not very comfortable with rooting/using custom stuffs. Rooting isn't necessary for me and also I don't have much time to play around with ROMs.
So what may be the best possible solution for me?
I'm thinking of resetting to factory.

If any app is causing it then gsam battery monitor or betterbatterystats should help you track down the app ... Try factory reset and keep the location services off if you are not using them frequently...

I had done factory reset last night. And the battery drain seemed normal since than. But gotta keep observing for 2/3 days.

I have 32gb sandisk ultra. And For past 1 week was giving error. Till it died yesterday.

When formatted in windows, the process completed successfully. Although while copying files, it gets automatically ejected. So definitely some issue.
Same with my sandisk ultra 32gb
Using 16gb now and working fine looks like bad memory card :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back