Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 Indian 2.3.6 released

^^ How did you check for battery life improvements so soon? You need atleast 1 - 2days to gauge battery performance from full charge to zero?

how big is the update , my 512kbps broadband currently is down and i will be using MTS to update the firmware speed varies between 200 kbps to 1Mbps so can you tell me how big the file is , how much time it will take to upgrade . Will all my apps and messages vanish too ??

^ heard its around 300MB.

I hope the battery life has improved because I didn't like the UI changes (no bounce in overscroll, bold font). The updated Swype insists on showing word suggestions in a box that keeps changing the input box size. And of course the new silent mode button change which is confusing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well I have 1Mbps broadband connection and it took around 1hrs to download the firmware. No, apps and messages will not vanish. All your settings and customizations are retained.

sukant said:
how big is the update , my 512kbps broadband currently is down and i will be using MTS to update the firmware speed varies between 200 kbps to 1Mbps so can you tell me how big the file is , how much time it will take to upgrade . Will all my apps and messages vanish too ??
Took me 5 minutes to update, but my Kies downloads the latest Fw automatically.

Nothing vanishes just take a backup for safety.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Konquerror said:
Well it's almost 13hrs and still 53% battery remaining...earlier my phone used to die in 12hrs...that's why I'm saying
You are enjoying the placebo effect of the update.

Replace the stock kernel with a decent one from xda,undervolt slightly...battery life will increase significantly.

Sent from Galaxy S2

red dragon said:

Replace the stock kernel with a decent one from xda,undervolt slightly...battery life will increase significantly.

Sent from Galaxy S2

URL to guides/tutorials about the same is highly appreciated :)

red dragon said:

Sent from Galaxy S2

Which version of kernel from XDA ? I guess undervolting results in frequent lockups and crashes on S2?

Thanks ryan!

I have used Siyah,speedmod,n.e.a.k and abyss...all are good in their own ways.

Speedmod is very stable but does not allow undervolting.

Siyah had some problem with download and cwm install from kitchen pro last time I checked.

N.E.A.K is relatively new...using it for two days only..feels good.

If you do not want to experiment with undervolting speedmod is your best bet.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

buBleZ said:
I guess undervolting results in frequent lockups and crashes on S2?

No!It does not,when you know what you are doing.

red dragon said:
Thanks ryan!

I have used Siyah,speedmod,n.e.a.k and abyss...all are good in their own ways.

Speedmod is very stable but does not allow undervolting.

Siyah had some problem with download and cwm install from kitchen pro last time I checked.

N.E.A.K is relatively new...using it for two days only..feels good.

If you do not want to experiment with undervolting speedmod is your best bet.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

No!It does not,when you know what you are doing.

as long as you are not setting minimum clock less than 200mhz you shouldnt have issues, and be careful when you are playing with voltages, i'd rather use governor presets if im not sure of what im doing

@Konquerror ,how long does this update take? KIES is crawling with the firmware upgrade stage !

KIES took 30 minutes to reach 30% and then "timed out" ...

tarunactivity said:
@Konquerror ,how long does this update take? KIES is crawling with the firmware upgrade stage !

KIES took 30 minutes to reach 30% and then "timed out" ...
Flash the firmware through Odin bro. It's much easier and works without any hassle.. ;-)

red dragon said:
5 minutes only?
KIES download is automatic for everyone once Samsung released it for India.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Yeah my backup step failed, but took no more than 10 minutes.

Surprisingly quick compared to Samsung Wave days when I had to retry at least twice.

Back