Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 - 14,999 at samsung portal / Flipkart

mk76

Adept

PS - FK shows OOS for my pincode. YMMV

The fact that Samsung had to drop the price so aggressively should tell you about it.
They dropped prices as they wanted to make 12k more. Which company doesn't want more money?

Don't remotely consider it as a fitness device
I'll disagree. I have used it very frequently for walking/jogging/running and swimming(both 25m indoor and 50m outdoor pools). Both workouts gave really good tracking and results. I'd go on and say around 90% accurate. In running, In swimming results, I was able to get per lap: which stroke, how many strokes, lap timing. The timing and the stroke per lap was consistent with what my coach told me to do.

I did try to track my badminton activity using "Other workout" (as there is no specific workout for badminton like in Apple's iWatch) and that was satisfactory.

Apart from these 3, I haven't used any other pre set workout options.
The last update gave what percent of VO2 was utilized during the duration of exercising. Not sure if this is accurate.

They dropped prices as they wanted to make 12k more. Which company doesn't want more money?

I'll disagree. I have used it very frequently for walking/jogging/running and swimming(both 25m indoor and 50m outdoor pools). Both workouts gave really good tracking and results. I'd go on and say around 90% accurate. In running, In swimming results, I was able to get per lap: which stroke, how many strokes, lap timing. The timing and the stroke per lap was consistent with what my coach told me to do.

I did try to track my badminton activity using "Other workout" (as there is no specific workout for badminton like in Apple's iWatch) and that was satisfactory.

Apart from these 3, I haven't used any other pre set workout options.
The last update gave what percent of VO2 was utilized during the duration of exercising. Not sure if this is accurate.
Samsung dropping prices for something aggressively implies that the product hasn't sold well. Samsung doesn't do it for devices that sell well and neither do others like Apple or Garmin. In that respect, it doesn't hold up well to either in terms of consistency and accuracy.

The close linking to Samsung ecosystem hasn't worked well in moving the numbers for Android users in general, besides completely cutting off iOS. The Pixel watch teasers would have also put pressure.

In general, it hasn't done well in the smartwatch segment, so yes, it isn't that good.

I would not buy any Android Wear OS watch right now. Either go for RTOS watches like those from Amazfit or dive into apple ecosystem.

Here's a proper review from a biotech scientist who doesn't find it worth the full price:
Bloody hell. I was also looking at Amazfit and boy, they are really really really bad at tracking heart rate while doing a workout. Apple watch series 7 on the other hand is just mind blowing. Glad that I had switched to Series 7, from GTR 2e.

Bloody hell. I was also looking at Amazfit and boy, they are really really really bad at tracking heart rate while doing a workout. Apple watch series 7 on the other hand is just mind blowing. Glad that I had switched to Series 7, from GTR 2e.
Thats the reason 2E is worth 7k and S7 45k. But battery life on Amazfit watches are too good whereas as Apple sucks. Have been using Series 7T, SS, Samsung watch h 4 classic Amazfit GTR 2. No watch come close to Amazfit in battery life.

Thats the reason 2E is worth 7k and S7 45k. But battery life on Amazfit watches are too good whereas as Apple sucks. Have been using Series 7T, SS, Samsung watch h 4 classic Amazfit GTR 2. No watch come close to Amazfit in battery life.
Why do you even have to pay 7k or 8k for Amazfit. You can get boat for 2k and get battery that lasts for few days. Anyways, you cannot rely on heart rate tracking on any of these. Noise colorfit pro 2 has a 10 day life and it costs around 2.8k.

Coming to battery life, if battery life is highest priority, good old analogue Watch gives battery life of couple of months. Even better, right? Why even think of a smart watch. Apple Watch has one day life due to its various features. I use it and I am pretty happy. I am happier because I need proper heart rate tracking during workouts and bicycle rides. Moreover, Huawei Watch with similar long life has very accurate tracking. If I need something with long battery life, this brand is much better.

For accuracy, pay premium for Fitbit or Apple Watch. For normal use, just buy any shit from boat or fire bolt whatever. Amazfit watches are just waste of money. Their notification system is also broken. I have Gtr 2e paired with op 8. Wife has gts2 mini paired to k20 pro. These watches are average at best. Earlier, there were very few options. Now, I do not see any reason to buy these.

It actually shows. Mi band and Amazfit used to be the top brands for bands and watches. Now they are not even on top 5, if you see the latest IDC numbers. Mi used to boast that they are #1 in wearables and they are silent now. They actually gave up.

They actually gave up.
Kinda agree with you. I was using Mi Band 4 and had to upgrade cuz my skin was sensitive to the aftermarket bands (would get redness and itching). Switched to Mi Band 6 (bought from TE itself). My skin doesn't react to the original silicon band, so planning to hoard up on the bands before they inevitably release mi Band 7/8 and stop manufacturing / selling original bands.

The upgrade in screen is a "Nice" to have, but Mi band 4 had a decent display as well. For a smart band there is no more use for the bigger screen lol. It's like putting a 1440p LCD display on a nokia dumbphone. Pretty, but overkill to get the job done.

Kinda agree with you. I was using Mi Band 4 and had to upgrade cuz my skin was sensitive to the aftermarket bands (would get redness and itching). Switched to Mi Band 6 (bought from TE itself). My skin doesn't react to the original silicon band, so planning to hoard up on the bands before they inevitably release mi Band 7/8 and stop manufacturing / selling original bands.

The upgrade in screen is a "Nice" to have, but Mi band 4 had a decent display as well. For a smart band there is no more use for the bigger screen lol. It's like putting a 1440p LCD display on a nokia dumbphone. Pretty, but overkill to get the job done.
also consumes more battery

Here's a proper review from a biotech scientist who doesn't find it worth the full price:
Would like to add, as a user of Samsung Galaxy watch 4
This review is eight months old since then there have been many important updates to the software.
I can say the pulse, bp, oxygen measurement are satisfactory.
If you don't take extra steps added to step count while you moving your hands while talking and all, the count is fantastic...
Other functions like bt calling notifications etc are just great.
I am very satisfied with the watch especially after the recent updates.
The software is snappy, the screen is fantastic and the no nonsense looks are great.

Just installed Google assistant and now it's practically a complete package

Back