samsung omnia w

Nothing has been announced with respect to which handsets will be updated to windows 8, so you'll have to take a call as its still unknown. Or maybe you could try some Android handsets if you are interested.

Check this link it had some good info:

Windows 7 Phones Not Compatible with Windows 8 Upgrade

http://www.itproportal.com/2012/01/31/windows-7-phones-not-compatible-with-windows-8-upgrade/

Hope this helps.
<

thanks for your quick reply...

actually i've been an android user since 2yrs(samsung galaxy spica)...so..i'm a bit bored with android...

my main concern is will samsung provide support for omnia w...in the mwc also..there was no main focus on windows phones from samsung side....

Nothing has been announced with respect to which handsets will be updated to windows 8, so you'll have to take a call as its still unknown. Or maybe you could try some Android handsets if you are interested.

Check this link it had some good info:

Windows 7 Phones Not Compatible with Windows 8 Upgrade

http://www.itproport...dows-8-upgrade/

Hope this helps.
<

The link you posted has Eldar Murtazin as its source. Murtazin is a well known troll who misses no chance to disparage windows phone. Anything from Murtazin should have zero credibility.

Regards

-J

The link you posted has Eldar Murtazin as its source. Murtazin is a well known troll who misses no chance to disparage windows phone. Anything from Murtazin should have zero credibility.

Regards

-J

What you are saying maybe true or not I am not sure.

But if it is then I am sure you could provide a better source which gives info whether current windows phones will get updated to windows 8 or not ?

thanks for your quick reply...

actually i've been an android user since 2yrs(samsung galaxy spica)...so..i'm a bit bored with android...

my main concern is will samsung provide support for omnia w...in the mwc also..there was no main focus on windows phones from samsung side....

To tell you the actual scenario Samsung is just completing its commitments in the agreement which it had with Microsoft to release windows phones among others. So you won't see Samsung marketing many Windows Phones.

There two main OS(s) which Samsung uses in its handsets viz. Android & Bada.

thanks guys..

i read somewhere (rather watched) on a video review that there is a lag in 720p video playback...is it such big an issue??

also on some sites it was written that it doesn't support multi-tasking...so correct me if i'm wrong..

is it that i won't be able to access internet while talking on the phone...

Eldar murtazin is the most nasty and dedicated troll ever, he hates nokia and windows phone due to his past problems with nokia, at present he has zero credibility.

Regarding windows phone 8/Apollo update: there is no official announcement from Microsoft because first they will roll out tango update in mid-2012 and the WP8(Apollo) update is expected only at the end of 2012, so no use speculating now but till now Microsoft track record with respect to windows phones has been great will all the phones getting the Nodo update first then the mango update in just 2-4 weeks time for all the phones from all the manufacturers.

Eldar murtazin is the most nasty and dedicated troll ever, he hates nokia and windows phone due to his past problems with nokia, at present he has zero credibility.

Regarding windows phone 8/Apollo update: there is no official announcement from Microsoft because first they will roll out tango update in mid-2012 and the WP8(Apollo) update is expected only at the end of 2012, so no use speculating now but till now Microsoft track record with respect to windows phones has been great will all the phones getting the Nodo update first then the mango update in just 2-4 weeks time for all the phones from all the manufacturers.

Ok I'll keep that in mind next time before posting anything from that guy, thanks for the head's up #jumping & #RS4.
<

@wolvish:- well the touch response is very good..and the user interface is kinda cool(for guys like me who r bored with android)...

the phone is super fast...without ne lag..the marketplace is not too gud(compared with app store and android market)....and yeah u r right the colours on the screen luk brilliant..

if u r not an app freak...then u can seriously consider buying this phone

I have windows phone focus i917 and love it, but you should not buy WP betting on Windows 8 due to many changes it might bring including the resolution upgrade, support for multi-core processors, etc but in current Indian rates windows phones are most bang for buck you will not loose anything if you plan to upgrade later the experience alone will be satisfying, and later on you can wait and see for different brands and configurations for Win 8 if you choose to upgrade

Posted Today, 09:14 AM

Hi All,

After all the reading and reviews, I have decided a few options. Kindly guide me. My budget is 15K. My usage will include:

1. Calling and SMS with good battery backup.

2. Music and sometimes Videos, hence screen sizze of 3.7 inches. Want good audio quality.

3. Wifi and GPRS only to check mails and facebook, etc

4. Not a apps freak but will want some decent ones. Marketplace of windows is growing at a fast pace.

Keeping all these points in mind and reading all the reviews and comments, I have zeroed in on Samsung Omnia W. This is the first touch and smartphone that I will get. Thought of Andriod but was impressed by the UI Windows.

I am aware of the shortcomings of WP 7.5 (Zune player sync, no bluetooth, 8 GB fixed memory, etc) and I am fine with it. Only 1 concern with Omnia, I read that when you play video of 720 ps, the audio goes out of sync. Omnia users can you please confirm on this?

Other phones that i evaluated were:

1. Morotola defy plus - good phone but not that keen to go with it.

2. SE live with walkman - small screen size and display is not that great when compared to others.

3. Samsung Galaxy Ace - not worth the money.

4. Nokia Lumia 710 - good phone but battery life is a concern.

Will be getting Samsung Omnia W by this weekend, so kindly let me know about the video playback issue and also if there are any more issue.

Thanks,

Subu.

I bought Omnia W for myself last week as well. Absolutely love this phone. Was bored with Android and so decided to give Windows phone a try. And Im so glad I did. Apps on it look so uber eyecandy. Everything is super fast on it. Absolutely no lag.

EDIT: Tried playing 720p wmv files on it and it worked without any hitch.

Back