Samsung reveals Galaxy S Duos, with a 4 inch screen and ICS

Aman27deep

Skilled
Samsung launches Galaxy S Duos, with a 4 inch screen and ICS

Adding to Samsung's vast portfolio of Android phones, Samsung has now launched the Galaxy S Duos phone. The phone looks like it has borrowed it's design from The Galaxy S3 (for the better, or worse). The phone is a Dual sim phone, and has an always on Dual sim feature which automatically forwards calls to the other number if the first number is on a call, and vice versa.

The specifications of this phones are very mediocre. It has a 4.0 inch capacitive screen with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The new Dual sim phone has a 1 GHz single core processor, an internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB RAM, rear 5 Mega Pixel Camera, internal 1500 mAh battery and of course, Bluetooth and wifi.

The Galaxy S Duos will be available very soon across India selling at Rs 17,900.

Source : Samsung reveals dual-SIM Galaxy S Duos - Hindustan Times

For 13K around could have been good. I m afraid same will be case with HTC Desire X. Its not worth more than 14K around but will be priced at-least 16K :(

Yes it is overpriced, but isn't the One V which has similar (better and worse in some departments) specifications also priced similarly? The only real problem I see with its specifications is its 512MB RAM which is simply not enough for ICS. I have two Android devices with 512MB, running on 4.0.4 and 4.1.1, respectively and I know this from experience.

Looking at its specs sheet on GSM Arena, it has the Cortex A5 processor with enhanced Adreno 200. While it might not be blazingly fast, it shouldn't face many problems with WVGA.

Its with 768 MB RAM. This is what I was waiting for, Dual SIM (GSM + GSM), 5 MP AF cam + Front Cam, 4 inch, Galaxy S3 look.

New price 17k, Price will come down around 15k in 1 month, then going ahead with it.

Found far better then Desire V (Dual SIM)

Xperia J will also be coming in the same range probably around 14k.

xperia-j-gallery-01-940x529.png

4.0 inch 854x480 Gorilla Glass screen
4 GB Internal Memory
1 ghz MSM7227A CPU
512 MB RAM
ICS
5 mp Camera with Auto Focus, LED Flash and 4x Digital zoom + Image Stabilizer

Back