Samsung S II or S III... which one i shall go for ?

Vagabond

Adept
[h=2][/h]

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25-28

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, HTC
5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: 5 MP will do, don`t use camera much ![/FONT]

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, (fade up with Samsung GT7722, had 15 mins with samsung pocket and loving the Android Aura)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, WI-fi (All latest/available mode of connections)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Chat/Messenger, Games, Music

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim. Single will do !

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: S II or S III ... only budget is constraint else want to show off !![/FONT]​

Please Suggest, thanks.

S2 can do everything comfortably which S3 can do . If you got loads buy S3 . If on budget get S2 . Remember to review the screen size difference . Not much but never the less its there . Depends on which mobile you are coming from . You have given the budget and if you extend you can get S3 but if you want to save S2 is not a bad choice also . Its got old but competes adequately with everyone in daily and normal usage

If you are into android devlpoment and like to flash new rom everyday just stay away from sony....
S2 is old but still worth every penny,using it for quite very long time and never have any problem and awesome community support...
If you are looking for phone with great build quality one x and one s is quite good choice...and if you can stretch your budget to 5 to 6 thousand more look no else then s3 and stay happy for 2 years with great resale value...:)

Aosp it doesnt mean your phone ia going to great devloper support,it always depend on how popular is your phone...look at the htc and samsung,their phone always enjoy great support from miui to aosp to aokp to tons of cuatom rom...

thank you all...
after given thought here are few things I want to share-

-I am not bundled with loads, been watching the Android bus since my last phone Samsung GT7722 (Dec 2009)...really thought of having Android that time only...
- my use will be like browsing forums, deals, gtalk, fb, etc. also kind of music addict ( i miss the headset button Nokia used to provide for next track, no phone has this thing today ! really wish to have such feature, else will buy a Bluetooth headset specially for that...)
- even I am agree with spending so mush of money in mobile still want it desperately a nice phone..
- all prices mentioned by you guys are from online I guess.. i never ordered anything this much costly online so bit worried... and yes when i want it , i want it right away, no waiting... simply can`t wait...
- i m in pune. any local dealer with cheap price for S2, let me know..

i think S 2 is it... finally... thanks...

I'll give you a perfectly valid explanation:

Sony Xperia S:

- 4.3" HD(1280x720) LED Reality Display with an amazing 342 ppi (Galaxy S2 has a WVGA 800x480 display only)
- 32 GB internal storage should suffice for most, 1 GB RAM
- 1.5 GHz Dual-Core Snapdragon S3, is sufficiently powerful
- Android 4.0, with official Android 4.1 coming (same as S2, but TouchWiz I don't like, sorry)
- 12 MP rear camera! (vs 8 MP in Galaxy S2)

My friends with a Galaxy S2 keep complaining about battery life (and they aren't noobs either no). Xperia S has better battery life.

And now, for the biggest and new factor.

- OFFICIAL GOOGLE AOSP project (Vanilla Android on Xperia S, just like Google NEXUS phones with the updates pushed DIRECTLY by Google)

I'll give you a perfectly valid explanation:

Sony Xperia S:

- 4.3" HD(1280x720) LED Reality Display with an amazing 342 ppi (Galaxy S2 has a WVGA 800x480 display only)
- 32 GB internal storage should suffice for most, 1 GB RAM
- 1.5 GHz Dual-Core Snapdragon S3, is sufficiently powerful
- Android 4.0, with official Android 4.1 coming (same as S2, but TouchWiz I don't like, sorry)
- 12 MP rear camera! (vs 8 MP in Galaxy S2)

My friends with a Galaxy S2 keep complaining about battery life (and they aren't noobs either no). Xperia S has better battery life.

And now, for the biggest and new factor.

- OFFICIAL GOOGLE AOSP project (Vanilla Android on Xperia S, just like Google NEXUS phones with the updates pushed DIRECTLY by Google)

Galaxy s2 vs xperia s
-Display is only wvga but its bright and colourful and great viewing angles..xperia s diaplay has worst viewing angles...
-s2 has inbuilt 16 gb plus expandable via microsd card upto 32...there are some kernal that support 64 gb microsd card.
-exynos dual core cpu with mali 400 gpu beat in every banchmark out there...
-s2 already has 4.0.3 available and 4.1 coming...
-touchwiz look way better than s2,has awesome feature comparing to sony timescape ui...
-one of the best community support with hundreds of rom and tweaks,xperia s has only handfull rom...
-camera megapixel doesnot matter,what matter is sensor...take a photo with both phone and see,both have same result...
-capacitive on screen button on xperia s suck like helll...

And most important resale value second hand xperia s after one year hardly can get you 18k....

Go for s2 and you will enjoy each and every moment....:)

Thank you both of you...

Still inclined towards, S II...

Well according to me you should go for Galaxy s2 without any hesitation...this phone had created benchmarks in every type of competition whether it hardware specs or software specs....Moreover s2 bagged phone of the year award too....And after comparing with Xperia s .....i must say that S2 is more practical and Galaxy s2 is the right choice for u

Back