Samsung S II or S III... which one i shall go for ?

Vagabond

Adept
[h=2][/h]

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25-28

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, HTC
5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: 5 MP will do, don`t use camera much ![/FONT]

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, (fade up with Samsung GT7722, had 15 mins with samsung pocket and loving the Android Aura)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, WI-fi (All latest/available mode of connections)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Chat/Messenger, Games, Music

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim. Single will do !

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: S II or S III ... only budget is constraint else want to show off !![/FONT]​

Please Suggest, thanks.

I would vote for Xperia S too... its overall a better phone than S II... If you can wait for a month or so... then new phones like Xperia T and Xperia J are going to release with Snapdragon S4 processor which beats even Exynos 4 processor which S3 has... If i were you i would have waited a month and would have bought something new and powerful rather then settling with an old phone... Just my two cents ;)

If you decide on buying s2 from a dealer, please note that it will most probably be a i9100G which lacks the exynos mali 400 and has the Omap Power sgx540 instead. Though this slight lack in performance n battery times may not be much of a concern, but the comparitive lack of developer support makes this phone much less worthy.
Try getting a used original s2 i9100.

Thanks All,

Finally bought SII (Sato1986-> i bought I9100 only, thanks to all review posted about SII all round this forum. It almost took 3 months so as to decide the model, off course including the budget constraint !)

-Bought from local market @ Shagun Chowk (Pimpri) Pune @ 26k with screen guard and cover...
- do suggest me additional accessories ( will be buying Bluetooth headset for Music next month)...also suggest dedicated SII owners thread to stay updated...
- enjoying my first "Droid", at inner peace... :)

Thank You TE

If you decide on buying s2 from a dealer, please note that it will most probably be a i9100G which lacks the exynos mali 400 and has the Omap Power sgx540 instead. Though this slight lack in performance n battery times may not be much of a concern, but the comparitive lack of developer support makes this phone much less worthy.
Try getting a used original s2 i9100.

Now a days, new SII I9100s are in the market. I just inquired for SII in a local shop. He quoted 28k and showed me a August manufactured SII 9100 with ICS out of the box.

never heard of 9100s, what`s the difference ?

- i was looking for bluetooth headset, found following two - which will be better for S II ?
1. Samsung BHS3000
2. Sony Ericsson MW600

I got a trial for BHS3000, really catches all the beat, but feature wise (display,touch control) & price MW600 looks better.. don`t know how`s the quality.

P Lease suggest, Thanks.

Thanks All,

Finally bought SII (Sato1986-> i bought I9100 only, thanks to all review posted about SII all round this forum. It almost took 3 months so as to decide the model, off course including the budget constraint !)

-Bought from local market @ Shagun Chowk (Pimpri) Pune @ 26k with screen guard and cover...
- do suggest me additional accessories ( will be buying Bluetooth headset for Music next month)...also suggest dedicated SII owners thread to stay updated...
- enjoying my first "Droid", at inner peace... :)

Thank You TE
Congrats on the purchase! :bigok: It's a great phone, and extreme VFM.

Now that you have a ticket of the dark side, feel free to lose the original useless ROM and get a new custom one :)
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 - xda-developers
Take precaution while flashing ROMs and EXTREME PRECAUTION while ROOTing and installing RECOVERY. It can brick your phone if done incorrectly.
IMO, Buying a S2 is like buying a stock Toyota Supra, just for the purpose of modifying into an awesome one.

Additional accessories are:
MHL Adapter (for using HDMI-out directly from phone): Rs. 375 (from Veer Singh @ TE)
U2 micro-usb to Usb cable (Always use this one handy, while keeping the original cable safe with you. Extremely rare but incase you manage to softbrick the phone, sometimes only original cable can take it to download-mode): Rs. 100 (Local market)
USB On-The-Go cable: Rs. 120 (eBay)

Galaxy s2 vs xperia s
-Display is only wvga but its bright and colourful and great viewing angles..xperia s diaplay has worst viewing angles...
-s2 has inbuilt 16 gb plus expandable via microsd card upto 32...there are some kernal that support 64 gb microsd card.
-exynos dual core cpu with mali 400 gpu beat in every banchmark out there...
-s2 already has 4.0.3 available and 4.1 coming...
-touchwiz look way better than s2,has awesome feature comparing to sony timescape ui...
-one of the best community support with hundreds of rom and tweaks,xperia s has only handfull rom...
-camera megapixel doesnot matter,what matter is sensor...take a photo with both phone and see,both have same result...
-capacitive on screen button on xperia s suck like helll...

And most important resale value second hand xperia s after one year hardly can get you 18k....

Go for s2 and you will enjoy each and every moment....:)

Sorry but I have to disagree.

- Beyond 32 GB I don't think you should even consider it. No point discussing internal memory.
- only WVGA v/s HD. There is no comparison here.
- Exynos is faster, but Snapdragon S3 is already fast enough. It doesn't really matter. He's not buying a workstation.
- You must be kidding me Touchwiz ?
-
Xperia S has a handful of ROMs since it is newer. But it's all there and coming up. It too is on Android 4.0.4 and will receive 4.1 so no point comparing that. And Google's AOSP will officially release Android on Xperia S (straight from Google, like Nexus Phones). Again no comparison here.
- "-camera megapixel doesnot matter,what matter is sensor...take a photo with both phone and see,both have same result..."
wow, anywhere Xperia S is ahead you say this. And for processor you go blah blah. Are you a Samsung Representative trying to Sell them here?

- "-capacitive on screen button on xperia s suck like helll..."

This part is funny cuz Samsung has back button on the right. It FEELS and IS WRONG. And the haptic feedback is horrible (i personally hate it. wouldn;t have mentioned it but since you started, I shall continue)

You can fight for an S3 v'/s Xperia S like this and I would give in to you. But S2 v/s Xperia S? what..

Anyways, congrats to the OP on the S2. Enjoy :)

Thanks Sato1986, now how to contact Mr Veer Singh ??

- being my first droid, i will take time with existing ROM first, will do once get comfortable about all that stuff.. though have a doubt, what about the warranty if i go with custom ROM or something happens while changing it ? will samsung provide the repair for it ?

@ Com@ddict - well all i can say is " Dil aaya S II par to...."

Don`t mind !

ANd yes you seem to be familier about SE products, do tell me about Sony Ericsson MW600 with SII..

Thanks All...

- being my first droid, i will take time with existing ROM first, will do once get comfortable about all that stuff.. though have a doubt, what about the warranty if i go with custom ROM or something happens while changing it ? will samsung provide the repair for it ?
Warranty will be void if you flash custom ROM but you can bring it back to the stock ROM but be careful how you flash custom ROM, if you flash and yellow triangle comes and if you have the new bootloader then you may not be able to remove it and then warranty gone. I know being the first droid all this may not make a sense to you... just goto XDA and read, read and read before doing any flashing.
All the best.
pavan547, invest in purchasing USB JIG, just Rs.100/- You'll need it if you softbrick your device or want to remove yellow triangle.

i miss the headset button Nokia used to provide for next track, no phone has this thing today ! really wish to have such feature, else will buy a Bluetooth headset specially for that
One of my friend has developed an app which solves ur problem.
U can use call recieve/end single button on most of stock headphones for changing music tracks, specifically next song in your playlist.
PM me ur id, i can mail it to you.

I have been using the Samsung HS3000 and the call quality is extremely good as far as I'm concerned.
Audio streaming from PC works well but sometimes the volume is not that great, the quality is pretty decent though.

Also there is a slight lag in notification sounds, haptic feedback sounds, etc coming from the phone.
But I don't know whether this happens with all the bluetooth headsets.
Overall it's a pretty good and simple headset.

I had also made a thread before buying it but didn't manage to get any replies :(
http://www.techenclave.com/gadgets-...e/bluetooth-headset-samsung-hs3000-vs-123683/

You can use apps (like Bluetooth on Call) which can automatically turn on bluetooth during an incoming call and turn off after the call ends.

Also nice choice of phone!
I'm currently running CM9 stable on my GS2.

It's written outside as GT-I9100, but one shop owner told me that it's printed like this outside but only the G variant's inside. I am about to buy SII myself and I'm in the same confusion too.. :unsure:

P.S. - The only way to find out is physically checking the serial number of the product. It should not contain the letter G. eg. (GT-I9100LKGINU).

It's written outside as GT-I9100, but one shop owner told me that it's printed like this outside but only the G variant's inside. I am about to buy SII myself and I'm in the same confusion too.. :unsure:

P.S. - The only way to find out is physically checking the serial number of the product. It should not contain the letter G. eg. (GT-I9100LKGINU).

Won't scanning the barcode be of any help?

Back