Samsung S II or S III... which one i shall go for ?

Vagabond

Adept
[h=2][/h]

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25-28

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, HTC
5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: 5 MP will do, don`t use camera much ![/FONT]

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, (fade up with Samsung GT7722, had 15 mins with samsung pocket and loving the Android Aura)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, WI-fi (All latest/available mode of connections)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Chat/Messenger, Games, Music

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim. Single will do !

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: S II or S III ... only budget is constraint else want to show off !![/FONT]​

Please Suggest, thanks.

It's written outside as GT-I9100, but one shop owner told me that it's printed like this outside but only the G variant's inside. I am about to buy SII myself and I'm in the same confusion too.. :unsure:

P.S. - The only way to find out is physically checking the serial number of the product. It should not contain the letter G. eg. (GT-I9100LKGINU).
^^ The serial number should be on the box too.

It's written outside as GT-I9100, but one shop owner told me that it's printed like this outside but only the G variant's inside. I am about to buy SII myself and I'm in the same confusion too.. :unsure:

P.S. - The only way to find out is physically checking the serial number of the product. It should not contain the letter G. eg. (GT-I9100LKGINU).

Another thing is, ebay's price is 2k cheaper than the price in local shops... i wonder if the ebay seller would bother checking the serial no and all that jazz just for a single customer. even if he confirms that he has the non g and ends up sending the G model, it would be a total waste of money. its a gamble

^^ Exactly. I tried to negotiate in the local shops for the purchase of 4 SGS IIs, all of them quoted 25,500 with bill. FK price is 25,900. ebay deal is the cheapest and we could use that extra 2000 to buy case and accessories, but we can't be sure whether we'd end up with I9100G or I9100. I'm going to contact the seller tomorrow. I'll update the progress here..

EDIT - Damn, he hiked the price by 1 thousand. Now it's 24900.. :(

@WolVish85

Good find buddy.. This guy has been having these 5 pcs for a very long time now...Looks like the s2 sales have gone down very badly after the s3 launch. The seller i spoke too now too recomended the s3 over s2

my only gripe with the above seller "surf2buy" is "TNT COURIER" . if he used bluedart, he could be considered

Last edited by a moderator:
sandeepsachin: Why is that? They have transit insurance too right? Also if S2 sales were down, why hasn't the price dropped ? :(

There was a price drop just recently after the apple law suit. Not sure if the lawsuit was the reason itself but yes, there was a price drop of 2k. the earlier price was 27900 and the retail price now is 25900, u can check on flipkart user comments and also your local dealer

As far as TNT is concerned, i have never had any experience with them , but it dosen't sound like a reputed service to me. bluedart is most preferable for high value shipments as delivery is much quicker and safer compared to other companies.or even fedex for that matter. Also note, the seller has a lot of negative feedbacks . Not sure if that would affect anyone's buying decision though, since he's the only one with the non g stock

I didn't notice those 53 negative feedbacks, My bad.. BTW, TNT is a decent company, as I've dealt with them in the past. They are not as good as Bluedart, but not as bad as Aramex either..

Back