Android Samsung S4 display problem (dead display?)

While we are at it what is the most stable custom ROM with no/least bugs for the S4? I know that CM is like the most popular one in general but any other ROM worth mentioning or have advantage over CM? I love light and fast though performance and features are also good to have but you can't have everything. :/
@swagatrath any idea?

@mods please do NOT move these posts.

Last edited:
Actually I tried a lot of ROMs when I had the S4.. I think I settled on liquidsmooth.. Also I found that the american version of S4 had more support in xda forums than the global S4 version..

It would be 6 months for the screen, had my screen replaced for 7500 at the start of the year from Samsung Malad Service Center
I went back to the center today. When they said that the display needed to be replaced I thought that it was only the "display" (the main screen) but it was actually the display+digitizer something something. Its more like the whole front body which is not bad since its a brand new piece. Repair cost: 8600rs. I've contacted Samsung care online. They will likely reply back tomorrow.

Guys quick question, how do I know that a part is original? I forgot to mention earlier that the display which I was shown yesterday by the service center was not as *good* as I thought it would be (mind you I'm very skeptical and paranoid when it comes to these stuff. Damn the Chinese copies). It was also already opened. It may be a Samsung's authorized center but it still is a tier-3 town. When the centers in the metros can screw up its not impossible for it to happen here. Just trying to be careful so I dont pay a premium for a non-original.
Also since literally the whole front of the body needs to be replaced I might let them do it if I can negotiate. Used one come with scratches :|
Thanks to everyone for all the comments so far.

The display is inclusive of the front and , also I think the chrome bezel . Make sure he replaces it in front of you and when he removes your display , compare it with the old one before replacing . Insist on the warranty on the display and the serial number of the display to be clearly mentioned on the computer generated bill .Else get it done at a tier 1 service center as the display is expensive and the speciality of Samsung flagship phones are the super amoled displays themselves and if that's a cheap Chinese copy then its a waste .
BTW you can down load some display checking utility to see if the display is original from playstore after the install .
Also in cheap displays , the front camera may not give good shots due to the poor display alignment and the air browse and other smart stay and pause may work incorrectly .
Check all display features before you pay .

^thanks a lot. That cleared up some of my doubt.
BTW I just had a talk with a customer rep followed by a conference call with the Samsung customer rep and one of the service center staff. The customer rep said she cannot do anything about it as they had authorized the service center for everything in the state. And that the higher cost must be somehow related to labour charge. She also told me that i can try to negotiate with them (which btw didn't work). And in the conference call the service center staff told me that its not possible and went on to tell the customer rep in hindi (probably thinking that I don't understand it since I was speaking English the whole time) that i can send it to other service centers if i like. Wow. That arrogance.
In my earlier post i had mentioned how their staff told me that the center was not responsible for the higher charge and told me to complain it to Samsung HQ. Now they denied the customer rep. and my request and simply said its not possible. Contradictory statements. Scums.
Another strange thing was the customer rep told me there were two samsung service centers here, one of them which i went to. And then when she was giving me the second name and address she was surprised because even though it had a different name the addresses were the same! So basically two different names for one service center. She apologized for the inconvenience caused and told me that they will look into it.
@tommy_vercetti hey man would it be possible to buy display there at Malad and get it shipped to my location? Trying to avoid this center here while saving every paise!

I'll advise the aunt accordingly.

Very tempting. But is it original or compatible?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Display...758007?hash=item2a3dff25f7:g:VFcAAOxyRuJTlxGE
Get this - it comes to ~4200 rupees incl. shipping. Pay around 400-500 duty, get it installed at Heera Panna for ~600-700. Shop no.100, mezzanine floor.
One can buy the same display for around 50/52$ from Aliexpress and there are no custom duty for parts (never paid a single rupee as duty for parts). They are not original but do the job perfectly.

Thanks for all the replies. She has decided that she will take it for repairs herself in some other centres when she goes out.

Back