Samsung Star 5233: Long-term reliability

Looks like my out-of-warranty old mobile is slowly developing problems in its display. So, planning to upgrade to touch-screen phones. Zeroed on Samsung Star 5233 after some research on TE and other sites, which is VFM in its category. Anyone who has used this mobile for 3+ months, can guide me about its long-term reliability? I mean is it very delicate? Sometimes, I tend to use my gadgets roughly, :ashamed: and I do not want to buy it, if I have to be very very careful while handling it. Please suggest.

Also suggest good reliable online deal. Locally, I suppose this is available for 8.7K.

Unless you intend to toss your device around and generally play outdoor sport with it, any device should be fine. :)

I've owned the Star 5233 for a month and a half now, and I have only one word for it - Awesome!

It is the best phone I've come across. It got a 3.2 MP camera, a more than decent music player, accelerometer for full screen typing, decent graphics and a very very responsive touch screen. It is a very good buy for me. i've just been enjoying the experience. Forget iPhones and Nokias, they are just brand value, and charge exorbitantly for just a handful more features.

Yes it is a delicate phone, but then every touch screen phone is delicate.

If your budget is under 10K, then Star 5233 is the best choice. Go for it!

Got the Samsung Star 5233 last Sunday for 9.15k along with 4gb card. I would say, it's really an impressive touch screen phone, i have ever seen. But again, a contender in the market for more or less the same price - LG Cookie.

Back