Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Dhanan said:
Activation for Route66 navigation is not happening. When I to navigate it asks for activation and then asks me to buy the licence and enter the voucher code. I thought 30 days free navigation was enabled with every Wave. Anybody who has managed to activate navigation here?

Yeah I am too facing this issue....Have anybody successfully navigated on samsung wave ????

datta.ca said:
Yeah I am too facing this issue....Have anybody successfully navigated on samsung wave ????
Here are the responses I got from Route 66 support:

Question:

On the Samsung maps application, when I choose "start navigation" it asks me to purchase license/enter voucher code, request your assistance with activating my one month free trial. Please let me know if you need anymore details.

##############################
Thanks for your information.
As the available information, if there is “Navigation” icon enabled in the main menu in SAMSUNG Wave, then customer should also have the free trial pre-activated licenses. However, I was not able to find the free license with your mobile (which should be bundled with mobile IMEI no.).
Please open navigation – more – settings – about, inform software version of SAMSUNG LBS, so that we will be able to check with SAMSUNG. Please note that the procedure will take time, and I will go back to you as soon as I get informed.
Besides, please also inform your country and where you purchased this phone. Thanks.
Kind regards

Question 2: Hi,
Did you get any updates from Samsung about this? Also, What are the charges for a lifetime subscription for India maps on route66?

#############################################

I got confirmed that the lifetime promotion of SAMSUNG LBS in SAMSUNG Wave will not be provided in India, due to there is no safety camera data of India, and the standard package of lifetime promotion is navigation plus the safety camera.
In order to use navigation by voice instruction after free trial, you will need to either purchase it on phone (navigation – more – download content – drive and walk – more drive and walk, find India and purchase it by credit card), or connect phone to PC, and run ROUTE 66 Sync on PC(can be free downloaded from ROUTE 66, the personal navigation pioneer ) to purchase it online.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Kind regards

Assassin creed is also launch for wave for 2.5 pound and it has amazing 3D gfx.... i am still wondering when the hell this koreans gonna start paid service for samsung apps in India ??

Hey peeps,

Just shifted to Bangalore and the time has come to chuck my CDMA phone. I've fixed my mind to go for Samsung Wave and I'm really glad to have found this thread. Now I need to ask couple of things from you guys:

1. I'll be going in for a new mobile connection, so which one is the best in terms of network reception (Reliance sucks where I work).
2. When you're suggesting my a mobile connection, also tell me what is the best plan to go for in terms of surfing and downloading the games. (Anyone using 3G on it?)
3. Which is the best place to buy it from in Bangalore? (Guess only Bangalore member could tell me.)
4. Tell me for how long you've been using it and your experience in a nutshell.

It'll be great if you guys can help me out ASAP. Need to be done away with this CDMA and plus boss is harassing me everyday to get a local connection. :p

Cheers,

D

nov is so far away :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Metalspree said:
I need help for the firmware .I just got the phone and want to know which is the best firmware out there and how to apply it .

download and install the latest Kies and update the firmware through that. The latest indian firmware is DDJH1 :)

Bought the phone for mom a few days back. Pretty awesome. She was initially quite upset that we've spent so much on a phone for her but now seems quite happy with it. Everything's top notch. I really feel as if Samsung has underpriced this. They could have easily priced it in the 20-25k range and gotten away with it.

Sei said:
Bought the phone for mom a few days back. Pretty awesome. She was initially quite upset that we've spent so much on a phone for her but now seems quite happy with it. Everything's top notch. I really feel as if Samsung has underpriced this. They could have easily priced it in the 20-25k range and gotten away with it.
samsung wouldnt have got me and i firmly believe many others too, had it priced the wave in the 20-25k range... ;)

What happens to the apps when you update the firmware. I know they would be wiped but does it store your account history somewhere online?

For example the free apps you got, like NFS Shift which is free for a limited time ? Will it still be available after you update?

btw Is it still free?

Hmm... on the Galaxy S forum people are saying that the update will wipe apps. Anyway.. maybe Wave behaves differently.

But say you get a new device, or reset it... does the store have the list os a users apps somewhere?

guys im facing memory issues after the Jh1 update. I have jus 1 home screen with one widget but after some time i get the memory error :( anyone else facing the issue?? How can it be fixed???

Back