Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Finally got wave...after much contemplation....had some issues with wifi...but sorted it out by assigning static ip...my firmware is ddg1 i just its pretty outdated....bt i hav heard ppl having issues with JF1 so waiting for stable update....

I just bought a New Wave. I have a question!

Can I copy Music and Movie onto my WAVE without KIES through USB Cable! (on XP or VISTA)

^^^ yes... use mass storage mode... you can do it from the settings..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys plzz Read this....

DO NOT BUY FULL BODY INVISIBLE SHIELDS FOR WAVE..... THEY SUCK

If u absolutely want to buy invisible shield just buy it for the SCREEN only and NOT FULL BODY...

I tried it and it really sucked...

For one it had 13 Different parts to stick.. unlike the ifone which has just 2[full front and full backside]
Wave has too too many parts... 13 to be exact..

It was a HUGE HUGE pain the ass to just apply them to the fone... with all those curves... It was damn hard to achieve accuracy..

And even if u do apply it... it looks shitty...
THE FONE LOSES ALL ITS CLASS........... the fone looks like one with a cheap cheap plastic body... losing its stylish metallic look completely...
I removed the entire thing after a single day.. [ except for the screen part which the only good thing..]

SO the best option would be to get a Invisible Shield for only screen OR a Mirror screen protector[which is pretty cool..google it].. along with a leather case/pouch which fits the fone or the one that came with the fone..

HoliC, you could have then applied just the front and back instead of all 13 pieces. BTW does the backside protector reduce the performance of the camera lens in any way? And also which brand did you go in for? I am thinking of getting one.

first post here...planning to buy Wave. any pointers where i can get good deals for this phone in bangalore? this obviously only applies for guys in bangalore.

gracias

Ok I can Lock My Inbox...it it simple....

I have another doubt....I am able to connect to my Office WIFI network.....but when I try to access net....it SHOWS 'DNS FAILED'....

I have created a different profile with WAP and all...but still :(

rd_nest said:
first post here...planning to buy Wave. any pointers where i can get good deals for this phone in bangalore? this obviously only applies for guys in bangalore.

gracias

Samsung Store in jayanagar sold it to me for 17.6....UniverCell and SAngeetha selling for 18.4....dont buy from there

Well...almost same....SOmeone help me with my problem though!!!

I acn connect to the Office WiFI..Even validation is passes ....but when I try to connect to internet...it says DNS FAILED

@eggman

hey buddy...

i think ur office network uses a dialer in ur pc's to connect to internet

what u gotta do is configure the modem to use a PPoE connection...then it'll work...

Metalspree said:
Gadget Sheild full body protector is supposed to be good ,heard it from madnav .He applied it on my brothers phone.

Im not saying that it is bad..infact its really good....but all im saying is that WAVE isnt build for these invisible shields... it is best suited for fones like iphone and galaxy types where the body is plastic and you only have to apply one on front and one on back.. wave just loses all its class and metallic looks..

@dhanan

I got the Gadgetshieldz... all are same only..

And how could i have known before applying that it would suck.. so i removed the other 12 parts and only using the screen protector.. with the pouch that i got..

SO i would strongly suggest you to go for either the mirror screen screen protectors or normal screen protector only and wnot the whole body one..

If u already have a screen protector dont buy anything.. trust me..

You can get them easily from eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices [ international version]

the UK dealers ship them to india free... total cost will range from 200rs - 500rs [which may be a pack of 2,3,6 etc] max..

HTH

gammaboy said:
@eggman

hey buddy...

i think ur office network uses a dialer in ur pc's to connect to internet

what u gotta do is configure the modem to use a PPoE connection...then it'll work...
Now how do I do that?

HoliC, I need you to clear the following doubts...

In my case the thin film covering the camera module is peeling off and I dont want to leave it exposed as any scratch on the lens will make it disfunctional. do you think applying the backside invisibleshield will be alright or will it reduce the performance of the camera? I mean is the backside protector as transparent and non interfering as the front side protector?

Does the look of Wave get spoilt due to the backside protector?

Also any link to where I can get a nice mirror protector?

Finally upgraded the firmware to DDJH1 .... But don't see any change in functionality....It seems that Samsung has just changed the firmware name :p

Has any one noticed any change from DDJE7/DDJF2 to DDJH1????

@ sei ..the scrathguard thing is original ..its thick i got it for 300 ...check with the dealer if ur regular he might reduce the price to 250....

Back