Sandisk 16 GB Class 4 or Class 6 Micro SD

y2jamit

Disciple
Hey guys. I own a Nexus One & I am using custom roms on my phone with a2sd enabled. Presently I am using a Sandisk 16 GB Class 2 Micro SD. I want to buy a Sandisk 16 GB Class 4 or Class 6 Micro SD but I am unable to find it in Mumbai. I enquired at several shops in Lamington Road but none of them had it :S

I even enquired at Alfa a couple of times. The first time they didn't have it and the 2nd time a guy showed me what appeared to be a Genuine Sandisk 8 GB Class 4 Micro SD. He said that there is no warranty & the price was Rs.800.

Can anyone guide me where I can find a genuine Sandisk 16 GB Class 4 or Class 6 Micro SD in Mumbai with warranty ?

Thanks in advance guys :D

Class 4 is more than ennuf. No point in hunting for Class 6.

And why only Sandisk?? I think mediahome has Sandisk & Verbatim Class 4 cards here on TE.

NeViLLe said:
Wow thanks for the link mate :) Is there a significant difference between class 4 & class 6 ? As mentioned earlier I want to use this card for a2sd on custom roms.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nehaladsul said:
Class 4 is more than ennuf. No point in hunting for Class 6.

And why only Sandisk?? I think mediahome has Sandisk & Verbatim Class 4 cards here on TE.
As far as I know, Sandisk is the best in this sector. I had even read somewhere that a class 4 Micro SD from Sandisk has much better read/write speeds than a class 10 from Kingston :)

khanvis2009 said:
It's a waste of money to get class 6 . Speed difference is not much
Do you have anything to support this information mate ?

y2jamit said:
Hey guys. I own a Nexus One & I am using custom roms on my phone with a2sd enabled. Presently I am using a Sandisk 16 GB Class 2 Micro SD. I want to buy a Sandisk 16 GB Class 4 or Class 6 Micro SD but I am unable to find it in Mumbai. I enquired at several shops in Lamington Road but none of them had it :S

I even enquired at Alfa a couple of times. The first time they didn't have it and the 2nd time a guy showed me what appeared to be a Genuine Sandisk 8 GB Class 4 Micro SD. He said that there is no warranty & the price was Rs.800.

Can anyone guide me where I can find a genuine Sandisk 16 GB Class 4 or Class 6 Micro SD in Mumbai with warranty ?

Thanks in advance guys :D

Check the link below :

http://www.mediahome.in/index.php?p...ategory_id=44&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Few points:

1. Don't buy from ebay\tradus. There are lot of fake cards floating around.

2. For mobile, the class doesn't really make much difference, especially if you have a sandisk card (see pt. 3 for explanation). I have a 32GB class 2 Sandisk card and it works fine. I don't see any lag at all for reading things from card. Gallery opens and works rapidly. Music scan is completed very quickly etc..

3. Sandisk >> Transcend. Reliability is much more plus the thing is that Sandisk almost always understates the speeds of the cards. Even class 2 cards perform very well. The 32 GB class 2 card I have should ideally give me a 2MBPS write speed at max but it gives me around 6-7MBPS easily touching 8-10MBPS occasionally. Read speeds are between 20-30MBPS.

shantanugoel said:
Few points:

2. For mobile, the class doesn't really make much difference, especially if you have a sandisk card (see pt. 3 for explanation). I have a 32GB class 2 Sandisk card and it works fine. I don't see any lag at all for reading things from card. Gallery opens and works rapidly. Music scan is completed very quickly etc..

3. Sandisk >> Transcend. Reliability is much more plus the thing is that Sandisk almost always understates the speeds of the cards. Even class 2 cards perform very well. The 32 GB class 2 card I have should ideally give me a 2MBPS write speed at max but it gives me around 6-7MBPS easily touching 8-10MBPS occasionally. Read speeds are between 20-30MBPS.

Really, for how much you have bought your 32gb card? m also looking to buy 1 for my wave :D

Dont get transcend , its read/rw speed drops drastically after some time ... Is sandisk is not available , get kingston ... I hunted almost 60 shops in pune to get class 4 8gb card , 90% of then didn't know about class thing ... Then I wrote mail to kingston , they made it available in one shop ...

~Spica Tapatalk~

shantanugoel said:
Few points:

This is precisely what I have read about Sandisk cards & hence I am interested only in a Sandisk card. Also I want to buy a class 4 or class 6 cards as many developers of custom roms insist on using at least a class 4 card when using a2sd for eg : Darktremor's a2sd. Thank you all for your inputs. I am still looking for a reliable place to buy a Sandisk class 4 or class 6 card with warranty. Any further inputs are most appreciated.

kanishk619 said:
Really, for how much you have bought your 32gb card? m also looking to buy 1 for my wave :D
I bought it from the US for around 80$ from amazon..

y2jamit said:
This is precisely what I have read about Sandisk cards & hence I am interested only in a Sandisk card. Also I want to buy a class 4 or class 6 cards as many developers of custom roms insist on using at least a class 4 card when using a2sd for eg : Darktremor's a2sd. Thank you all for your inputs. I am still looking for a reliable place to buy a Sandisk class 4 or class 6 card with warranty. Any further inputs are most appreciated.

Haven't used a2sd as such but I have lot of apps and games installed on my SD card (I have Froyo) and they run fine and snappy on class 2.

For getting a reliable class 4/6 card, talk to one of the vendors on TE. They are reliable..

Why not contact sandisk india if ur keen on getting sandisk only ?

Btw me using a2sd too , on eclair n its working flawlessly on my kingston class 4 ...

~Spica Tapatalk~

abhifusion said:
Why not contact sandisk india if ur keen on getting sandisk only ?

Btw me using a2sd too , on eclair n its working flawlessly on my kingston class 4 ...

~Spica Tapatalk~
From where did you get the Kingston card ?

deaddevil said:
Sandisk 16 gb class 4 card is easily available in borivali, in almost all shops, just purchased one yesterday.
Can you provide me with the shop name & address mate ? Also how much did it cost you & is there any warranty?

abhifusion said:
I called up kingston India , and they told me the shop to pick it from ... btw shop was on MG road , Pune ...
I will first try to get Sandisk & then next option would be Kingston. Thanks for the information mate.

Our forum dealers need to shape up... sandisk class 4 16gb @ Rs 1350 shipped sounds about right considering the prices on ebay. And aren't there any further price drops on the class 2 cards? I'd be happy even with those if I can get them really cheap.

Back