Audio Sansa Clip users rejoice... the Clip Zip is out!!

#fLUX here you go for RockBOX, it is not yet stable for the Clip Zip, the older generation players are all in various stages of stability / Beta testing.

RockBOX.org.

Hope this helped.

#

At office so cant see links will certainly see at home
<
, thanks for the link

@fLUX

Although it is beta ver. I found it ok for general day today use.

There is good collection of themes as well.

Currently I'm using Rockbox over stock firmware.

hello guys, which one do you guys suggest Sandisk Clip+ or Nationite N2, Currently Clip+ not available with Pristinenote, So I have asked him for a quote on N2. Is it better than Clip+?
<
I have read the reviews of both couldn't finalize which one
<
.. If any experienced guys from here can suggest .. I'll be very thankful to them
<

why people are so excited about clip zip?! is it because audio formats support or sound quality?! I feel in current smartphone era, having a basic mp3 player superficial, even feature phones have good support for space (microsd etc) and mp3. I had iAudio U2 long back, but after explosion of iphone & smart phones, I never used it. I have seen many posts abt ppl getting excited by Clip particularly, just trying to understand the idea behind.

hello guys, which one do you guys suggest Sandisk Clip+ or Nationite N2, Currently Clip+ not available with Pristinenote, So I have asked him for a quote on N2. Is it better than Clip+?
<
<
.. If any experienced guys from here can suggest .. I'll be very thankful to them
<

I own a Nanite-N2 4Gb ,I can vouch for the sound quality with BBE , SD card slot is almost useless .. if i place a SD card with lots of songs the player goes into indexing them everytime and that too it takes around minutes and if you i am not lucky i need to reset it. This happens most of the times ,ended up carrying tooth-pic .

No sd card no problem though,

Battery drains charge even when it is off ,takes 4 days to empty when its off..mines may be a lemon. But if i run continuously i get 12hrs+ with BBE

Build quality is okay,i use it rough the blue layer is peeled off in some areas..

Battery drains charge even when it is off ,takes 4 days to empty when its off..mines may be a lemon. But if i run continuously i get 12hrs+ with BBE

No! You do not have a lemon. Mine used to do that too. If unused for a long time, the battery would drain within 30-60 mins of use. But, once I charge it back up, it would easily do 15 hours on shuffle.

I own a Nanite-N2 4Gb ,I can vouch for the sound quality with BBE , SD card slot is almost useless .. if i place a SD card with lots of songs the player goes into indexing them everytime and that too it takes around minutes and if you i am not lucky i need to reset it. This happens most of the times ,ended up carrying tooth-pic .

No sd card no problem though,

Build quality is okay,i use it rough the blue layer is peeled off in some areas..

@vidy thanks for the information... So N2 is not a good choice for me... currently I'm using my Optimus 3D to listen to music. The SQ is good but I thought dedicated mp3 player will give me better experience than the smartphone. I've also tried Galaxy S2 & Galaxy Tab to listen to audio but I didn't liked the sound quality
<
.. Thanks anyways

N2 is SQ wise alone, on par with Clip+. It just isn't as user friendly or well built. But, to compensate, it has higher output power which helps to drive a few IEMs which need more power.

IME, there was a delay when starting up with the microSD card in slot, but I've used a few Sandisk cards (16, 8 GB, Class 2,4,6) without any issues.

why people are so excited about clip zip?! is it because audio formats support or sound quality?! I feel in current smartphone era, having a basic mp3 player superficial, even feature phones have good support for space (microsd etc) and mp3. I had iAudio U2 long back, but after explosion of iphone & smart phones, I never used it. I have seen many posts abt ppl getting excited by Clip particularly, just trying to understand the idea behind.

I can't speak for others (and not even for the Clip specifically), but my reasons for having a dedicated audio player are:

1.>Battery Life.

My mobile couldn't handle my daily commute audio needs without being recharged every day, but my Sansa Fuze handled the same load for an entire week before needing a recharge. If you're a frequently travelling, or have a long commute to your workplace, this factor alone beats any other considerations.

2.>Sound Quality

The sound quality of dedicated players is much better than your average mobile. I recall a site doing a RMAA test some time ago, and finding that Nokia N9, iPhone (Can't remember whether it was 3 or 4), and Samung Galaxy S (1 not 2) having pretty decent audio quality, comparable to dedicated players. But most mobiles aren't really upto the mark in terms of SQ. Of course, it's another debate entirely whether the quality is really noticable in our noisy Indian traffic
<

<
<
<

I was in the same dilemma and I chose to go with the N2. I paired it up with the soundmagic E10M. From a pure sound quality perspective, I couldn't have asked for a better combination. The BBE settings add to the fun although that's not the case everytime, somtimes the normal EQ setting works a lot better. BUT...the UI of the N2 sucks gigantically. It's a major pain to navigate. After selecting a song if you want to go back to the folder view you have to start searching from the beginning all over again. When switched on it starts playing the song regardless of it being paused or not before switching off. When playing FLAC files the BBE menu disappears. There are several other issues. I'd read about it's pathetic UI but thought I could live with it if the SQ met my expectations but alas. I suppose I should have gone with the Clip+ or Clip Zip instead. Just my two cents.

@Chromelon

But it seems currently nobody has the stock of Clip+, Fuze or ClipZip
<
.. Waiting somebody to post that it is available.

@Chromelon

Thanks for the links .. I never came across grabmore
sad.gif
.. will give it a try

When I got the clip zip, it wasn't yet available on ebay last month. I ordered it from grabmore and got it shipped in 10 days. Their support is also nice.

Regards,

Casper

Can anyone tell me which online store is offering best price on clip zip.

Right now there only seem to be two - grabmore.in (Rs. 3350/-) and ebay.in (Rs.3500/-) for the 4 GB version.

Last month, dOm1naTOr had a new 4 GB clip zip in box pack selling for much lesser but I doubt it's available now. You can PM him and ask to be sure though.

Regards,

Casper

Back