HD audio bitstreaming

Max budget: 3K

Shortlisted:
Sapphire HD 6450
MSI HD 6450
MSI GT 520

Totally confused between the above three :S

thegatekeeper said:
Get asus/sapphire hd6450 it's within your budget.

I have the following quotes

Sapphire HD 6450 1GB DDR3 - 2900

MSI R6450-MD1GD3H/LP - 3100

Asus - 3000 (don't know the exact amount)

What are the warranties on these respective brands?

After going through HTPC card review on Anandtech,I am confused.Thinking of shifting to GT430 but already 6450 is shipped.The problem is that when I used Asus 5850 I had to remove the DVD drive from my HTPC.I will be upgrading to BlueRay shortly.So I need a low profile card. Maybe tomorrow I will take a decision.Deltapage is willing to exchage it for another card.But I have to check the availability of Asus GT430.Anyone know how much an ASUS GT430 costs????

tomemmanuel said:
After going through HTPC card review on Anandtech,I am confused.Thinking of shifting to GT430 but already 6450 is shipped.The problem is that when I used Asus 5850 I had to remove the DVD drive from my HTPC.I will be upgrading to BlueRay shortly.So I need a low profile card. Maybe tomorrow I will take a decision.Deltapage is willing to exchage it for another card.But I have to check the availability of Asus GT430.Anyone know how much an ASUS GT430 costs????

You mean the card length, or low profile PCI bracket? 5850 isnt meant to be used just on an HTPC, more its a gaming card and is huge in size and price to be used just for HTPC. 6450 should be much shorter but for low profile PCI bracket, you will have to hunt for specific model of some brand.

I mean the card length.I was able to fix 5850 after removing the DVD drive bay and DVD drive.Was confused about 6450 and GT 430 as the differences was very narrow(+450Rs)Any way I will stick with 6450 as it will reach me by Saturday.If I don't like It will put in a sales thread.From What I read Its a good HTPC card but have some driver issues which has been sorted out in the recent CCC.

Asus is better... As A.S.S wouldnt matter in this case as both XFX and ASUS rma is handled by rashi :)

Just dont think about RMA. Its an HTPC card and you are going to watch only HD movies on it. It will serve you for many years
ontherocks said:
Ok here comes XFX to add to the confusion.

I would have to choose between these two now.

Asus 6450 - 2825/-

XFX 6450 - 2825/-

Back