Sarang Goes Bankrupt

Rave said:
hehe problem being that my setup is a bit more power hungry, and a 32" lcd and xbox 360, thats why contemplating if i should get a UPS or inverter

a 32inch lcd like my sony at the lowest backlight setting consumes only 58~watts.the xbox 360 will consume less 185watts.so u can expect a backup time of about 25min in apc 1000va model and more then 1hr with the optional batteries.

if u realy want some good back up then u will have to go for the APC Smart-UPS XL 1000VA USB & Serial 230V No Battery,it doesnt have a internal battery and requires a external battery,ups costs around 12k and once u install a high capacity external battery,u will have a backup system with run time of a invertor but with ultra fast switching of a ups with pure sinewave output.

Sarang this one is the Smart UPS? If not, you would have got that one! I dont think the RS series is the smart one.

x86 said:
Sarang this one is the Smart UPS? If not, you would have got that one! I dont think the RS series is the smart one.

Its not the Smart UPS lineup but the Back UPS. Simulated sine wave output but the backup time for 6.5k is worth it!

@Sarang: Seems like the RS 1000VA is discontinued! The 1200VA is the replacement product; the site says so!

EDIT: nvm, yours' the RS 1000-IN. The former's another product. :p

Rave said:
@adder, howmuch would the battery set me back by?

well the extra battery for apc RS1000va/1500va model costs 4.5k.

but if u are talking about the smart ups xl external battery it depends on ah capacity,but no idea about prices.

adder said:
well the extra battery for apc RS1000va/1500va model costs 4.5k.

but if u are talking about the smart ups xl external battery it depends on ah capacity,but no idea about prices.

In pune i got a quote of 4K inclusive of taxes that too straight from APC.

Sarang If you happen to comeby my place I will show you my APC UPS. Its a 2.2 kVa one huge one with 4 truck type batteries attached to it. Rock steady power output. And no hiccups what eva....

Used to run my Cybercafe off of it. I get 8 hrs backup on a single PC.
Didnt mean to hijack your thread just wanted you to get a feel that you have invested in the right UPS. The only PITA with UPS is that its batteries dont have a long life and the UPS itself has... so that pi$$e$ me off... Anyway enjoy your backups :bleh:

@djmykey: hehe no dude u aint crapping, n its a show off thread anyways so no formalities i guess.

I think I have seen the UPS you are mentioning. With my small hideout granted to me in my house this is the maximum i could've kept, you are single and can rule your house so its a different story,

cherish your singlehood till it lasts, hope it lasts longer than the APC batteries. :D

sarang said:
@djmykey: hehe no dude u aint crapping, n its a show off thread anyways so no formalities i guess.

I think I have seen the UPS you are mentioning. With my small hideout granted to me in my house this is the maximum i could've kept, you are single and can rule your house so its a different story,

cherish your singlehood till it lasts, hope it lasts longer than the APC batteries. :D

Good one !!!

9 rooms and still my dad manages to run outta space. And the APC is his so it has its space for now :bleh: I am in my room and am the King of my room only. But still I manage to take power from his UPS :bleh:

Back