Say Hi To The Nokia E6 !

@someone : The display is really high rez.. lol thats what i'd call it. Its a bit dull after AMOLED units but thats ok. Pretty easy on the eyes and browsing works like a charm ! I'll comment on the emails after using it a bit more.

@RS4 : Thanks buddy :)

@techpal : Soon !

I am sure this will appeal to Girls more.

OT: This is because i have observed that more number of girls carry QWERTY phones (esp the Nokia E series), probably they are more into texting and all.

Two days constantly connected to the internet and i still have a bit of charge left. And i'm always connected to Twitter. So with normal usage , 2-3 days is definitely possible.

@dhruvrock2000

COngrats man! Hopefully, my next phone! will definitely go check it out at the nearest shop this week

Hows the touchscreen? is the os fully touch integrated? or do we need the keypad also for controls? Does the screen feel cramped?

Damages :p?

@raksrules

even guys do text a lot ;) i send around 400+ messages a day.. and qwerty phones helps in typing in less than half time than the normal keypads!

Never was impressed by touchscreens because of the lack of feedback from pressing a key!

@avinash : Touchscreen is very sensitive and no you don't really need the keypad. This is the same full blown touch OS as on the N8 and others but due to the smaller screen , the 3 homescreens have been split to 5. Cramped of course depends on your arrangement of widgets :) I keep it light and breezy :p

Oh and as you send like 400 messages a day... this is PERFECT :) Damages - 18k , but i think it CAN be got for cheaper. I had preordered it from here : Nokia India - Nokia E6 smartphone with touch screen and QWERTY - Overview

Congrats man!! :D
Do post a review soon.

As for QWERTY phones and girls. I can tell you that many many girls love to have a Blackberry or the E series as well. I've seen an E72 in countless pairs of beautiful hands. :p

dhruvrock2000 said:
@avinash : Touchscreen is very sensitive and no you don't really need the keypad. This is the same full blown touch OS as on the N8 and others but due to the smaller screen , the 3 homescreens have been split to 5. Cramped of course depends on your arrangement of widgets :) I keep it light and breezy :p

Oh and as you send like 400 messages a day... this is PERFECT :) Damages - 18k , but i think it CAN be got for cheaper. I had preordered it from here : Nokia India - Nokia E6 smartphone with touch screen and QWERTY - Overview
They should have made the screen a 3incher:( 2.64 is rather small for a touch screen interface!
and wow man, preordered , thats a risk i will never take ! :D Currently i have E5, hopefully will get an E6 if its price comes to 15k in 3 months :D

^ You need to do some background check on why he preorder(s) and you will know the reason. Most (Nokia) phones that release in the market hit his hands much before their release date.

agantuk said:
^ You need to do some background check on why he preorder(s) and you will know the reason. Most (Nokia) phones that release in the market hit his hands much before their release date.
Umm Wasn't it launched like a week ago?

@Dhruv

What do you like? What do you dislike? Any thing cool?

My sister is all like worked up for the phone, but she is pretty ignorant about the whole deal with phones.

@GreaseMonk Will try and do that..

Guys , for everyone asking about the interface , here is a video which i just made. Another one showing the social aspects of the E6 coming up soon.

boogeyman said:
OMG!!! That's amazing. Really fluid.

How are the camera pics? Does the fixed focus degrade them that much?
Very decent pics dude... macros are a no go but other than no issues at all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

techpal said:
Nice video smooth UI unlike nokias which i previously owned(last being N95).
THAT is the issue mate. Everyone judges Nokia phones based on their experience with old devices. S^3 is really much much improved.

Back