SCK's New Rig, Lots of Pics (Massive data - 43pics)

Nice rig there but a bad setup... What i mean is get a new table and a comfy chair mate... Apart then that a great rig... Now just wait for another 9 months for Crysys to come out :p

^ ^ hehe .. Thanks a TON guys, the info n advises i got here at TE helped me a LOT to during my purchases

@Google, will try that today, will also apply some AS5

@Quadmaster, the damage was 1.72 lakh :S :S :S to be total with tax n everything, n yeah i need a new table :( the prob is that my current room is quite small (8x10) for a big table, i m thinking of installing a huge table when i shift to my new house wherein my new room will be quite large (17x 15), but i ll just use this as a stand-by for now ;)

@Darky, lol thanks

@DD, lol

@Switch, I will be going out in a couple of days n get me a new chair, but this chair is quite confortable IMO :D

@Samrulez, I bought 10 CCFLs (6 Logisys, 4 vantec) I did the paint job by myself ;), used Metallic Black Spray paint for that, usually used for cars :D. It costed me Rs.200/CAN

@masky, thanks for all the efforts of converting the all the pics to thumbnails, THANKS a lot

@ Funky, apart from the paint job, i did a bit of modding here n there, modded the lower panel to use 2 x 120mm fans, i can only fit 1 due to the sound card, i ll try to do something later, for now this fan offers pretty high air flow

Funny thing is that, when i first powered up this fan (at 100% speed) it sucked all the small paper n plastic particles lying on the floor (something like 6-7inch in diameter from the fan) n blew them with high velocity inside the case, just like a veccum cleaner :S :S n it messed everything up inside, had to remove everything again n clean it. Its not a prob now, becoz i usually keep them at 30%, n its still pretty fast.

here are some pics

IIRC this fan is 38mm thick :O

I know the modding wasnt done good, but who cares how it looks under that :lol: :p. Infact the plate was soo stronge, it took me a long time to get 1 hole.

Move your bed out and make way for a nice table - anyway, I don't think you sleep much after the PC arrived :rofl:

Awesome rig... Congrats man. Makes me feel like upgrading again :p. Just a couple of questions... why an E6400 and not an E6600? Also where did you get that fan controller from? Even I need a couple of them.

Very nice. I could not have done better.

Can u tell more about the processor lapping. did u used 3m emery paper.

do u have 2 hdds in raid setup? Matrix raid?

Once again enjoy!:hap2:

Sharad

@Rio: dont say that in public :ashamed:

@Chaos, becoz i was very tight on budget, my formal budget was 1.50 lakh fixed, but it went upto 1.75 Lakh when i calculated everything, so i saved some 5K n got the budget around 1.70.

also i wanted to start saving up for a Q6400 n a Better full tower case, but once again, there isnt much diff when it come to gaming @ 4mb vs 2mb L2 @ same clocks, right now i m running this thing 24/7 at 3.5

btw thx for the complement ;)

@sharad, i used 220 > 320 > 400 > 600 > 800 > 1000 > 1200 > 1500 > 2000 > 2500.

just 2000 n 2500 grit from 3M , rest where from a generic manufracturer.

I m not using the HDDs in RAID.

shado_chazzer_killer said:
@sharad, i used 220 > 320 > 400 > 600 > 800 > 1000 > 1200 > 1500 > 2000 > 2500.

just 2000 n 2500 grit from 3M , rest where from a generic manufracturer.
I m not using the HDDs in RAID.

Did u lapped the processor by grinding the processor on emery paper or vice-versa. I am asking this because if suppose we try to polish a paticular surface on a stationary emery paper, we always end u destroying the surface flatness. Thought the surface appears to have mirror like finish, its edges are always trimmed down more compared to the centre.

What about the codes engraved on the processor?

awesome ..really awesome..something..like a dream rig..of mine...!!!:cool2: :cool2:
man gimme u r address..i am coming tonite..to loot..the rig....anyone..else.wanna accompany .....i dont think.. i will be able to tht alone..as the subwoofer.it self is 15+ kg...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SCK said:
@Samrulez, I bought 10 CCFLs (6 Logisys, 4 vantec) I did the paint job by myself , used Metallic Black Spray paint for that, usually used for cars . It costed me Rs.200/CAN

Wow..man! Awesome! But can you post some pics of that paint job?? :ashamed:

AMD4Life said:
Wohaaaaaa!!! Dude..That is one awesome rig!!:hap2:

Now thats what I call moolah well spent!!

Congrats..Now go & have fun gaming!!:p

thanks ;)

@faheem, Tarun: thanks a LOT ;)

@ sharad: If u lap, u will loose all the codes n stepping printed on the cpu, also u ll loose any kind of warranty that Intel provides u :p

Back