OC & Modding [Scratch Build] Phase Changer RIG.

Still waiting for evaporator.. mean while just done some new hardware test run and OC the i7-2600k with stock cooler on saturday night.. it was quite a fun.

Sabertooth P67 is a solid board when combined with Kingston Hyper X RAM i got some good result.... below is the best stable OC with Windows booting good and all my program running fine..

I was able to boot windows in safe mode at 5.7 ... hope to do some good OC with Phase Changer unit..

newoc2.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9437/newoc2.jpg

Regards

Rakesh Sharma

There is some doubt about "Golden Chip" flag.. cos when this same CPU and RAM, OCed with ASUS P8P67 mobo.. best stable OC i got was 4.6GHz.. any change in setting of CPU or RAM to push more result in No- POST..

But result changed with Sabertooth P67.. also want to add with P8P67 mobo CPu was Water Cooled too..

MOBO do make a Big difference.. that's true for me..

i am waiting.......
this is going to be best..
The first ever Phase changer rig from India....... I am proud of Rakesh..... he God of Mod...

There is some doubt about "Golden Chip" flag.. cos when this same CPU and RAM, OCed with ASUS P8P67 mobo.. best stable OC i got was 4.6GHz.. any change in setting of CPU or RAM to push more result in No- POST..

But result changed with Sabertooth P67.. also want to add with P8P67 mobo CPu was Water Cooled too..

MOBO do make a Big difference.. that's true for me..

Interesting.....I think it might be some setting on the Non Sabertooth version...Dunno though. Seems odd. Thats more than 1Ghz difference just cause of the board!!!

You should have been able to OC it to that spec on the earlier board as well, as well, maybe it has something to do with the better quality of components on the sabertooth providing it with more stable voltages or something....I am not sure...will have to look into the differences of the two boards but this seems odd at the first read....

Yes it's very strange for me too, how the two boards responding with same CPU and RAM..

Best happened on this sunday.. water cooling the CPU and adding little voltage i was able to boot in safe mode Windows 7 with maximum multiplier bios can offer i.e. x59 , with the Sabertooth P67..

i have searched a lot on the net but cant find any answer... Some say's it's cos my Sabetooth is B2 version ... but what the hell chipset got to do with OC..

Any way working on base plate of evaporator last night.. so hope to finish the evaporator with in this week.. but dont want to go fast with the lath work... have wasted two copper solid last month.. so slow and steadygoing..

It has to do with the MOFSETS, capicators being different or something. The Sabertooth might be providing cleaner power IMO thats all, but a 1GHZ difference is huge....Maybe you should point this out to ASUS itself maybe they can do some more research, you know who to point those questions too... :)

rakesh_sharma23 said:
Yes it's very strange for me too, how the two boards responding with same CPU and RAM..
Best happened on this sunday.. water cooling the CPU and adding little voltage i was able to boot in safe mode Windows 7 with maximum multiplier bios can offer i.e. x59 , with the Sabertooth P67..
i have searched a lot on the net but cant find any answer... Some say's it's cos my Sabetooth is B2 version ... but what the hell chipset got to do with OC..

Any way working on base plate of evaporator last night.. so hope to finish the evaporator with in this week.. but dont want to go fast with the lath work... have wasted two copper solid last month.. so slow and steadygoing..

Chipset revision does make a difference. There are a lot of variables involved here.Board design,quality of components used,maturity of the Bios,its stability and fine tuning from overclocking point of view.

Worked a lot this week end and i have finished the Evaporator... Just brazing and final accembly work is remaining.. will finish it in two or three days..

The bottom face copper base of evaporator, which will have a direct contact with CPU is send for electroplating, to apply a 99% pure silver layer..

After than i will test run with the evaporator and will show you some pics.

Hello to all.. first sorry for a late update..

Due to some health issue, modding was on hold for me.. but I am fine now, and was working for two days to finish the evaporator. And happy to tell you all that, at last I have finished it.. and tested it under high air pressure for any leak… will be assembling the phase change soon.

Here are some pics before final polishing,
os8zmv.jpg

26216on.jpg

The bottom plate have 85% pure silver lining …

20gnzf8.jpg

After polishing the evaporator is ready.

2411imu.jpg

2ufxfts.jpg

Will be updating soon with a test run of Phase Changer Unit.
Thanks
Rakesh Sharma

hello rakesh....hope you are 100% fine now.... great to see you continue with your work.... :)

looking forward for more updates.... ;)

Hi to all

Im back with some new update… and its big

First I have painted the case, a mat black finishing by professional and received the case yesterday
So started assembling of phase changer unit..

From 5pm till 12 worked and assembled major parts.. rest will be finished by evening or night… hope for a test run of the unit today.

It was late in night do did’nt took many pics… but few are here , hope you all like the update.

img0281ug.jpg

img0282hf.jpg

img0283wi.jpg

nickel plating the copper tubes is not possible cos they have to be blazed together..

Any how all copper tubes will be insulated so you will not see any copper

So Here I am with first Test run of my Phase Changer unit.

Yesterday evening I have started working on the Phase changer.. till 9 PM I am finished all fitting and ready to fill gas a test run..

Since this is initial testing so I have not vacuumed the unit.. instead I have just flushed some gas through first and then just filled the R404a gas.. and started the unit.

Initial temp was good but fine tuning the capillary placement in the evaporator.. I was able to reach

-36C.. YES…COOL

Turned off the unit let it heat up to the ambient temperature.. Now again started the unit to check time used to reach a temperature .. for ambient to -36c in just 3 minutes.. and power consumption is just 0.4 amp …

(All analog and digital thermometer are calibrated in a Laboratory.)

img0284ty.jpg

img0285rm.jpg

img0286dkt.jpg

img0287am.jpg

img0288uo.jpg

img0290ij.jpg

img0291gu.jpg

img0292vm.jpg

img0293ns.jpg

img0294yk.jpg

img0295t.jpg

img0296fu.jpg

img0297m.jpg

Not tested with 200W- 220v AC of thermal resistance .. At full load for more than ten minutes temperature remains to -32C.. …

Mind I have not vacuumed the unit (It takes about 2 + hours).. after that I hope to reach -40C.. will do vacuum afterwards.

Now assembling the PC together and insulating the evaporator.. it’s 1am so should have a sleep now..

img0298cw.jpg

img0299ae.jpg

img0300wj.jpg

img0301sy.jpg

img0302xt.jpg

Will update more soon..

Rakesh Sharma

Back