SE Cedar v/s Nokia 2730 Classic?? Which 1??

meet6600

Adept
Hi

Please let me know which one to go for as a back up phone?? Sony Ercisson Cedar J108i or Nokia 2700 Classic are my choice of phones under 5k after lot of searching.

My Main usage would be Calling, Texting, Mail Checking & Causal Music!! Both are close in terms of specs but cedar is ahead with slightly bigger display, more internal memory, better keypad etc(looks like from pics) (however I am a long term nokia user so had a 2700 classic in past which was overall good after a while!!) Should I switch to SE or not?? Please guide me frendz!!

thanks & Regards,

Go with Cedar. It is one of the best phones under 5k. It beats Nokia 2700 Classic in almost all the aspects. better display, better sound quality, better camera, multi-tasking ability, push email. Moreover, it has HSDPA support (7.2 Mbps) so whatever little browsing you'd want to do on your phone will be way faster. The keypad is also better. 2700's keypad is.. well.. not good (you can hear that 'takk takk' sound while typing on its plasticy keys.. :p )

btw, in the title you've mentioned 2730 and the question aims at comparing 2700 with cedar. Anyway, 2730 is no different apart from the addition of 3G (max downlink speed - 384kbps). So yes, Cedar is better than both of these Nokias.

Thanks a lot!! I quite like the email support from nokia so will it be good on SE?? Will it serve it's main purpose of checking mail replying and composing new ones??

corrected info thnks

I've owned a couple of sony ericssons in the past - k750i and k850i. The email client is natively supported so you don't need to worry about your emails. It did offer push email with my gmail account. The interface at the time of composing emails is the same as text messages(which is good). Yes, it should serve your purpose of emails.

P.S - Sony Ericsson's java based proprietary OS is better than Nokia's S40 as far as functionality is concerned (Multitasking, Feels Faster, Better Messaging Client which supports conversation view, etc.)

i was in similar dilemma few weeks ago , while searching a phone for my sister. i finally settled for Cedar ( mostly cause sis instantly fell in love with red color).

if you are using it as backup then Cedar is better option. The build is nice , the matte black red looks nice and phone feels tight in hand. also the curved design looks and feels beautiful in hand. The screen is far better than anything nokia offers in that range . viewing angles are impressive for the price .there's no distortion in color when viewing from top . bottom and right side , distortion seen only in from left side. Nokia's recent phones have just horrible viewing angle angle btw.The OS is definitly better than Series40 in features . it even offers basic multitasking.

The 3G is practically useless without front camera . although technically you can make 3G call but its pretty weird system. the way you do is you initiate a video call , take a self still portrait using camera and use that static image as video call . the camera itself is not that good , nokia have upper-hand there. but the nice audio output more than makes it up for that.

SE Cedar bought from flipkart.com!! Super Phone!! Exceeds Expectations!!

Pros:
Excellent Battery
Super Screen for sub 5000 segment
excellent keypad
superfast internet been using 2g plan from vodafone but the speed it works makes me believe its 3g!!
over 200 mb of space with card support
nice build
2mpx cam
nice video player
micro usb charging
3.5mm jack
mega bass
excellent audio
multitasking
fantastic email client

Cons:
No flash or torch light:p

Price 4386/- but now i see no reason to buy a nokia in lower segment!!

Back