SE Xperia Mini

HareshG

Disciple
How has this fared ? Is any one here using it ? The reviews at gsmarena etc... seem to be good enough ;however some guys are kicking up a racket in the SE forum with regards to a calibration fix .I have not yet found which models/firmwares this affects. Also any issues with the device heating up?

Thanks!

I have ; no qualms with the size. I am just making sure it is a stable handset. Also open to options in the same price bracket.(UK- £160)

Also: hah, did not see that coming...

I'm using Xperia Mini Pro (Pro is the version that comes with full slide qwerty)

Device doesn't heat up even with heavy use.

Battery lasts me a day with normal use which includes

-Screen on time- 4 to 4.5 hrs

-30 min songs with earphones in metro ;)

-Some gaming (frnds play fruit slice)

- ~50 texts , 30 min calling

Battery life has significantly improved after 2.3.4 update

Screen is awesome, size may be small for many but perfect for me and I can even type easily on the portrait qwerty.

I am having the X10 mini..

I tried the new Mini, which My friend has, and though it has slightly larger screen, I still feel the screen to be cramped.

The Battery drains faster,but OS is stable.

The Cam clarity improved a bit, while audio quality remained same..

My Suggestion, please don't go, unless you have very small pockets and don't type much on the phone..

I suggest you look at alternatives... Just my 2 cents..

I'm absolutely fine with mine. I have the pro as the screen is a little too small for onscreen keyboard use. It's small enough that it fits into a pants pocket without looking like you are compensating, and doesn't look like you're holding a book to your ear when you talk. I'm not a fan of big phones.

Battery was weak to begin with but after some tweaking have got it to run a couple of days without needing a charge. UI is smooth enough and it does all I need it to do.

I am not worried about the screen size, I do not send out (or plan to ) long emails/txt's through it. My main concerns were the battery usage.

Did you have to root yours cranky?

Cheers!

Just got an Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i. Anybody who has this phone please offer to help me on how to improve battery performance with various tweaks etc. PLease PM me your google talk id etc etc.

Xperia mini pro sucks hard. It really does......crappy screen and res, choppy performance, SMALL! Better to go for O1 or Dell XCD35(my current one) @8.4k. They are the best phones in the market tbh! I dont understand y ppl by mini,

Did you have to root yours cranky?

Nope.

Xperia mini pro sucks hard. It really does......crappy screen and res, choppy performance, SMALL! Better to go for O1 or Dell XCD35(my current one) @8.4k. They are the best phones in the market tbh! I dont understand y ppl by mini,

Flamebaiting, huh? So here it comes.

I have no issues with mine. The size is enough, my eyes (at over twice your age) can use the resolution well enough, and the performance is totally smooth even after adding two dozen apps to the homescreen.

Please define 'Best phones in the market'. Which market? The grocery store? Or the hardware market.

Maybe if you could spell and write a little better, one would respect your opinion. Not sure a pea brain can actually work hard enough to comprehend that there are multiple brands and multiple products at multiple price points for multiple people. Crapping over a thread with nonsense opinions that add no value, no technical conversation and no point of view is pretty normal for a guy who can't even spell their own handle properly. Probably overcompensating.

Get this.

Writing posts like yours and spelling your name using numb3rs (yes I can do it too) is not cool. It makes you look like a wannabe, trying too hard and showing your extreme immaturity.

Get a life.

Get some decency.

Write some real stuff.

HaCk3r said:

The phone was meant to be small. Look at the "mini" in the name! .

>Screen is 3" HVGA vs 3.2" HVGA on LG O1

>1Ghz processor + SE 4 corner UI is fast (esp thanks to HVGA res), way faster then XCD35(with MSM 7227) or LG O1(same Soc but slightly better performance then XCD35)

>Camera wise no comparison, Xperia mini and even older xperia x10 mini blow many android phones out of the water.

The OP here has very clearly presented his case that he knows that Xperia mini is small in size and that is absolutely no problem for him. He just wants to know stability issues and battery life.

@OP

Some guys from Chennai did get the Calibration fix from official SE centre. You may want to check the related thread in the official SE support forum.

I had used the X10 mini(the older version) and the bigger X10. A friend has a white Xperia mini(the newer one) . Never got this "Capacitive buttons lock screen freeze problem" but yes his phone does warmup when it is charging and being actively used. That happens in most android phones I have used. Also the battery life is like morning to night but he is an active user.

Regards,

aka.

Except the battery life, I guess everything else in the phone rocks (Was a BB user). But I presume all androids have poor batt life (friend said so since he uses S2 & Iphone 4). For that price, there are hardly any phones with such specifications. 1 phone will have a slow processor, other will have a 3.2mp camera, 1 will have the older version of the OS which cannot be upgraded, etc etc.

I prefer smaller phones to be honest. Imagine me going in a club with my Samsung Note in my tight jeans covering my Nature's gift during dancing. Or when I'm playing cricket in the outfield & really can't keep such an expensive phone lying down somewhere. These phones are handy.

Thread ressurection! My device came in. It is a W30 , not sure if this is prone to any issues?

More importantly, I noticed that most unboxings had replaceable battery covers included in the box; but mine are "missing". If I have a look at the sony website It adds up.

What’s in the box?

Battery EP500 & USB cable

EC450Screen protector ET921

Memory card 2GB

Stereo Headset MH650

I would still like to confirm that some one has not pulled a fast one on me.

Ps: The phone was purchased from carphonewarehouse and not a doggy ebay buyer.

Cheers!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^ Spoke to a few people and it seems like a regional thing. Different regions, different packages.

Cranky , if you are still about : can you please suggest what change of settings have you done ?

1) Turned Internet traffic off

2) Brightness down to 70%

3) Animations - Some only.

4) 2.3.4 Android.

Cheers!

I switched network to 2G only, switched off wireless, and set brightness to Auto.

The dog ears are fully populated with 3-4 icons each (those holders in 4 corners).

I have installed the FMR memory cleaner which I use once in two-three days to clear junk applications out.

Oh yeah, if you have Google Maps on, it consumes battery like a pig.

I did get a replaceable battery cover with my white phone. It's pink. I would have taken a cash discount on it if I was able to.

btw battery life does improve after a few charge cycles. Just be sure to cycle the battery properly (charge only when down to 5% or so) and the capacity and runtime go up.

Did you not get a charger with the phone? I got one with a USB output into which you plug the USB cable. It's not on your inclusions list :p

And yes, I'm running 2.3.4 with build A.0.58 (latest update).

Cheers for the suggestions.

I wanted to know if there are any other accessories which i should probably invest in ? Being my first smart phone, I am not sure on the build quality and how it is going to perform on drop-testing.

Personally I'd rather avoid roll-cages for phones , as they add to the size.

Did get the charger as well :)

Back