SE xperia x10 white??

vriship

Adept
since its confirmed that it will be having an update before last week of september, thought of going for it..
iphone 4 will be in december when cousin coming down from US..
so where in mumbai can i buy Xperia x10 at a good rate..
pls specify prices with / without warranty..
and even the dealers info..
local shop giving it for 27k, white color will 1yr manufacturer warranty..
pls someone who can point out rates at alfa-irla would be great...
TIA
Vrishi

there is big prob with x10 >> its data connection is unreliable ... so sometimes when an email hits ur email/gmail ac .. it may not show on ur phone .. the google sync on the x10 is unreliable . my adv is is to buy htc desire or n1 which is much cheaper and faster

desire is available at some what the same price range... and desire and n1 both dont have a front camera.. and since 3g is about to be rolled out max in a month, dont wanna miss out on that..

regards,

Vrishi

x10 doesnt have the front cam either..you have to use the default 8.1mp camera for video call...:p...nevertheless. it is stil a wonderfull phone...been using it for a month..and i dont really think i miss froyo on it ..Plus, it looks SEXXXYYYY....

great choice mate of xperia in white.. i have been using xperia for 3 months .. i can say from my experience no lag what so ever ... only drawback i feel is multitouch except that .. lcd screen is an advantage in india .. since in sunlight the colours dont look that much washed out as compared to amoled screen .. it has the bigger screen .. in my humble opinion best camera on any android phone availabe in india. best thing is the design .. looks like no other phone in a much better way .. when u buy one just down load adw launcher and rockplayer(which can play almost any video file from market and and ur a good to go.. and yes android 2.1 update is available for download fom 4 th week of september ..

thats the prob with sony erricson phones ... they all look awesome and have a good camera and music playback .. but when it comes to performance they r way behind other phones in the same category .

27k for a x10 and 24k for a desire ... i put my money on desire .. android 2.2 , super amoled , decent music playback and a good camera as well .

you r concerned about front camera , well 3g is not going to be inindia for at least 4-5 months and even if it does come in it will take a long time for the network and video call rates to stabilize .

till then many more better phones will launch and ur x10 will have zero resale value .. as it is se has very less resale value .

SE as a company i feel is soon going to shut shop as they are way behind in the cell phone market and will go the LG/palm way soon .

+ SE has no software support like HTc .. they promise 2.1 update soon but by the time their 2.1 update comes out android will be at 3.0 .

65k colours make the screen look rubbish and it has some major touchscreen issues ..read the engadget review on the X10 .

for 25k u have so many better choice in android .. even the moto xt720 is a na awesome phone with xenon flash..

but if u are really going to stick with android in the log run then there is only one phone to buy .. the nexus one .. cause yeah its google's baby . always one step ahead of other androids as its a plain vanilla android so update's easily .

16 milll colour ready if it ever gets the update .. what is in the furture is unknown .. u may or may not get an update ... desire already is 2.2 out of the box .. ur spending 27k on a future possibility which may or may not come based on some article u read somewhere .

khanvis2009 said:
but if u are really going to stick with android in the log run then there is only one phone to buy .. the nexus one .. cause yeah its google's baby . always one step ahead of other androids as its a plain vanilla android so update's easily .

at what price is the google nexus available in india??

and also, i'm thinking of getting T-Mobile HTC HD2 from US. Will i be able to unlock it here to use on all networks!? I plan to use Android on it using multi-boot!

thanks for replying khanvis. Another thing, i'm thinking of getting T-Mobile HTC HD2 from US. Will i be able to unlock it here to use on all networks!? I plan to use Android on it using multi-boot!

Let me clarify a few things up..

1. there is NO lag whatsoever while operating the phone...everything feels snappier and opens as it should..

2. Talking about Desire and super AMOLED and 2.2 etc etc etc..Did you know that Desire's Amoled has pink tint issues and yes, the screen feels kind'a pink when compared to anyother lcd screen.

3. Se x10 for 27k and Desire for 24k.. i'd still pick up the x10..it looks stunning..put both the phones side by side and u'll know what i am talking about..true, Desire is faster and has MT...but, every day to day tasks are equally fast in SE x10..

4. Android 2.2 on Desire and 1.6 on SE x10..doesnt reely make a difference..Unless uv used Android 2.2 , you wont even notice what you are missing..

and 1.6 on X10 is fairly good to handle pretty much all the tasks i throw at it..But yea, i still want my phone running 2.2 just for Apps2sd..

All in all, Great choice with x10 buddy.. ...white looks amazing and stands out...

for apps..

try..

adw launcher..

slide it keyboard..

tunewiki..

tazm..

fancy widget..

beautiful widgets.

switch pro widget..

advanced task manager..

rockplayer.

logmein..

gmote..

just head onto xda and you'll find a lot more..

ok i am and hd2 expert .. igot it for 38500 when it came out on dec 17th 2009 in India .. yeah i remember the date too as i bought it on the 1st day when tatdocomo launched it ....yes u can unlock it even if u buy from t mobile by flashing the ROM and radio.

And running a android on hd2 is possible now with very few bugs ... its not bug free ... so the question is y would u want to run android on a phone that was built for winmo ...no point .. its a complete waste of money.

+ there is a big factor of resale ... winmo as it is does not sell in India ...+ win 6.5 is dead .... winmo7 will be out soon so u will not be able to sell ur phone .

there r some people who claim that XDA guys will put a win7 rom on hd2 eventually but again that will also be buggy and take a lot of time..

but seriously why would u want win7 on hd2 when u can go get a winmo7 when it comes out. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH HD2 IS THAT IT THERE IS NO SUPPORT FOR APPS LIKE FACEBOOK AND SKYPE. FACEBOOK VERSION FOR WINMO 6.5 IS PATHETIC AND SKYPE IS OFFICIALLY WITHDRAWN I THINK. thats a big problem .

once winmo 7 is launched XDA guys will stop developing ROMs for win6.5 and start concentrating on winmo7 .. so ur hd2 will reach a dead end .

my advise is not to buy hd2 ... bury that phone .. i was a great fan of hd2 and still am but there is not point in buying it even f u get it at 10000 bucks ..

u rather spend that money on a proper android phone if u eventually plan to use android .

for android here is my recommendation

1st choice - nexus one cause with 2.2 its blazing fast

2nd desire - same as n1 but slightly better battery life

3rd : samsung galaxy s - awesome battery life for a android . but u mite want to wait a few days cause a white galaxy s is going to be launched

and finally if u can wait till mid sept u will get a phone that even i am waiting for .. the htc desire hd 4.3" HD2 like android . this is one phone that everybody at XDA wants .

other than that i recommend the iphone 4 . As much as i hate apple .. i really admire what they ve done with the iphone 4 .. its an awesome phone and unbeatable as off now . i used the iphone 4 for a couple of hours .. really impressed .....

i personally am waiting for vodafone -airtel to launch it here .. oct 1st week i think is the date .. so saving up for the iphone 4 ... if i cant afford it then ill get the desire hd for sure ..but never buy LG or SE even if its free!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

viditkalra said:
Let me clarify a few things up..

1. there is NO lag whatsoever while operating the phone...everything feels snappier and opens as it should..

2. Talking about Desire and super AMOLED and 2.2 etc etc etc..Did you know that Desire's Amoled has pink tint issues and yes, the screen feels kind'a pink when compared to anyother lcd screen.

3. Se x10 for 27k and Desire for 24k.. i'd still pick up the x10..it looks stunning..put both the phones side by side and u'll know what i am talking about..true, Desire is faster and has MT...but, every day to day tasks are equally fast in SE x10..

4. Android 2.2 on Desire and 1.6 on SE x10..doesnt reely make a difference..Unless uv used Android 2.2 , you wont even notice what you are missing..

and 1.6 on X10 is fairly good to handle pretty much all the tasks i throw at it..But yea, i still want my phone running 2.2 just for Apps2sd..

All in all, Great choice with x10 buddy.. ...white looks amazing and stands out...

for apps..

try..

adw launcher..

slide it keyboard..

tunewiki..

tazm..

fancy widget..

beautiful widgets.

switch pro widget..

advanced task manager..

rockplayer.

logmein..

gmote..

just head onto xda and you'll find a lot more..
android 2.2 and 1.6 makes a big big diff .. secondly if u notice everyone praises x10 for its looks and cammera and music playback cause thats the only area it excels in ...

desire is blazing fast when compared to x10 ... desire has XDA support big advantage if u want to flash ROMS ..X10 also has XDA support but there is more interst in desire .. XDa guys like htc phones alot ..

i got the x10 for 24.5k white color without bill.... desire also costed the same without bill... using the phone since evening, havent found any kind of lags on it.. and i even tried the desire in the afternoon at a local shop along with x10.. it seriously is very less visible in bright light.. and mostly the update would be out before september end.. how much ever they delay it, it has to happen surely.. so no harm in waiting for some time.. and pls dont fight over phone's specs now.. chill yaar..

every one has diff POV's so u cant complain why one supports one product more which we dont ??

regards,

Vrishi

vriship said:
i got the x10 for 24.5k white color without bill.... desire also costed the same without bill... using the phone since evening, havent found any kind of lags on it.. and i even tried the desire in the afternoon at a local shop along with x10.. it seriously is very less visible in bright light.. and mostly the update would be out before september end.. how much ever they delay it, it has to happen surely.. so no harm in waiting for some time.. and pls dont fight over phone's specs now.. chill yaar..

every one has diff POV's so u cant complain why one supports one product more which we dont ??

regards,

Vrishi
no worries just helping u out ... do check that data connection and update me ... as i told u sometimes email hit ur mail ac but dont hit ur phone . it happened to me when i got the phone even with the x10 mini i faced a similar issue .. let me know if u face that ... and congrats

Back