Storage Solutions Seagate 1tb not so dead !

vegeta

Disciple
I had my pc running till 1-2am as usual but today afternoon my segate 1TB[ST31000340AS] hdd was not being detected ? it was bought like 6months back.

I removed all the hdd except for this, tried different power-cables and sata connectors but nothing works. The hdd is not being detected in bios.

The hdd starts to spin first, i get a light jerk but after 5-10secs it shuts down or may be the speed decreases, this happens in every restart ! I don't have any idea of such issues can anyone help me with it ?

I know that my model is on mass failing list of seagate flagship but when i checked my serial no. it was not on the list of failing model. I am really frustrated with this as 80-90% of hdd was loaded :( .

1. afaik the hdd is not really dead, this issue can be fixed or replacement is the only option ?

2. Will i loose my data ?

3. What if i wanna get back my data ? Will seagate help me ?

4. If replacement, anyone else in mumbai who can help me with data backup ?

5. Any other opinions for this situation ???

The drive is in Warranty, Expiration 24-Oct-2013 .

My friend's 250GB SATA II Seagate HDD went kaput on him for the 3rd time in a row now. He says that the earlier HDD he received as a replacement might have been a refurbished one. But anyway, Seagate offers no data recovery at all. AFAIK HDD recovery is dam costly. Check this article out: Data recovery on failed hard disk

Better send it in for RMA. This is another sh*tty procedure for Seagate HDD's to drop them off manually Accel Frontline. :mad:

hey, i lost my seagate hdd too

all of a sudden it went - Kaboom.

i called up the guys in chennai, they don't care a thing about service, all they had to say is, put your hdd for replacement.

This is the 3rd time i'm giving my hdd for replacement, i no longer guarantee that the new hdd you get is actually new or refurbished.

I got one number, his name is Mr Ganesh - 9841033973

this guy is located in chennai, and he is some manager or some over there.

Be prepared to hear a no for data recovery, they won't do it.

If you get any positive response, let me know, Good-Luck.

P.S - Where are you from? i know a tech team that may recovery your data, for my 250 hdd it will cost around 1000rs.

Ethan_Hunt said:
My friend's 250GB SATA II Seagate HDD went kaput on him for the 3rd time in a row now. He says that the earlier HDD he received as a replacement might have been a refurbished one. But anyway, Seagate offers no data recovery at all. AFAIK HDD recovery is dam costly. Check this article out: Data recovery on failed hard disk

Better send it in for RMA. This is another sh*tty procedure for Seagate HDD's to drop them off manually Accel Frontline. :mad:

damn true i've tried doing that couple of years back, I sent my hd to Stellar too but the quotation was insane.

****ing seagate.... whats RMA ?

Harpy.eagle said:
contact amarbir, dealer here. He should be able to help u out.

Thanks... Done, awaiting reply...

Praks said:
vegeta

Was it 7200.11 or 7200.12 ? Please share.

Just made my mind for seagate & one more post of crashing.

7200.11 is what i have and you definitely don't want it... afaik 7200.12 is nothing but fixed ver. of 7200.11 series, sort of... Performance is same or less ! Better go for WD.

big.bAd.boi! said:
hey, i lost my seagate hdd too
all of a sudden it went - Kaboom.
i called up the guys in chennai, they don't care a thing about service, all they had to say is, put your hdd for replacement.
This is the 3rd time i'm giving my hdd for replacement, i no longer guarantee that the new hdd you get is actually new or refurbished.
I got one number, his name is Mr Ganesh - 9841033973
this guy is located in chennai, and he is some manager or some over there.
Be prepared to hear a no for data recovery, they won't do it.
If you get any positive response, let me know, Good-Luck.
P.S - Where are you from? i know a tech team that may recovery your data, for my 250 hdd it will cost around 1000rs.

Sad to hear that, i'm going through same situation now. Was it 7200.11 series ?

I'm from Mumbai, i've indirectly mentioned in first post.

Soon i'll be dumping sick hdd to seagate replacement station, which does replacement or give's refurnished hdd, no body knows.

data lost, i've already cried over it, now will have to make them cry a bit :D

i hate seagate

big.bAd.boi! said:
Soon i'll be dumping sick hdd to seagate replacement station, which does replacement or give's refurnished hdd, no body knows.

data lost, i've already cried over it, now will have to make them cry a bit :D

i hate seagate

Well ,

None of You are Bothering To Send Me The HDD ,:(

Back