Storage Solutions Seagate 7200.12 500GB Versus WDC 640 AAKS

sickizblank said:
Yeah , get 2 x 500GB 7200.12 Barracudas. 2800 each..
You'll probably get 2 for rounded Rs 5500/-

Got the two off them. I put one in my Transcend StoreJet 3.5" SATA External USB Casing. Will put the other in my PC tomorrow when I get time.

BTW, I got both 8AS models and they both have 5 years warranty. I checked it online. I've read that everyone is reducing it to 3 years so was a bit worried. :D

RoBoGhOsT said:
both 410AS and 418AS have 16mb cache .

i got a 418AS but it is detected as 410AS only by hdtune and hdtach and shows 16mb buffer :S

getting 2 more for RAID 0 soon :D

here is a screenie of the hdtach spee tests .very fast burst speed :D

Many dealers are mis-leading customers. Even my local man. Even Prime ABGB has listed one of the model as 32 MB buffer and increased the price substantially.

Corleone said:
I've never been able to use it :(

I just don't understand how to use it :(

Suppose you want to quote 5 posts, press M.QUOTE for 4 posts and then press QUOTE for the 5th i.e. last post. That way, you can quote all the posts and reply to each one of them. :)

Seagate is the best , also the reason behind to like it is that 70 percent or more of the materials used to build this drive is recycled.

Sei said:
Suppose you want to quote 5 posts, press M.QUOTE for 4 posts and then press QUOTE for the 5th i.e. last post. That way, you can quote all the posts and reply to each one of them. :)

For me, there is no M.Quote seen available. Is it due to Firefox?

got 2 7200.12 drives , one more on its way , made a raid array with the 2 drives , here is the speedtest screenshot.

7200.12 - 2 x 500gb in RAID 0

12raid500gb.jpg

7200.11 - 2 x 500gb in RAID 0

11raid500gb.jpg

burst speed and access time seems better on 7200.11 . now confused which one to use for OS installation :S

Back