Seagate Backup Plus 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External HDD @ Rs6740

If you want to track the pricies you can try camelcamelcamel.com.

I waited long enough in trying to decide between the 3 or 4TB.....& the dollar started flying. I ordered one couple of days back (159.99, incl the import fees came to 182.2, with free shipping). So as such I paid ~1k over what should have paid some time back. No regrets. FK still has it @13k.

Now :nailbiting: for the arrival - Aramex is the courier.

Problem is that I doubt if they have service at my place (far away from a small town!), any idea who their partners are like - in areas where they don't deliver?

My area I. E. Manipal wasent serviceable too, hdd reached me in 5 days. No duty, got refund :p

Every time its sent by aramex, I get a prompt delivery in manipal, but in mumbai, Aramex is a nightmare...

Also as soon as u get it, chat with a customer care rep of amazon and day that no tax was levied, they will refund your deposit..

I had purchased 3 tb for 125$ back in March..

The price dropped to 115$ within three days, using the price guarantee thing I got back 125-115=10$ plus import deposit.. In the end it cost me very less :p

Last edited:
Damn missed this. Will wait till our rupee gets stronger.. meanwhile anyone from Hyderabad interested ?

How hopeless is Aramex?! My drive reached Hyderabad - Aramex called to ask reg couriers that deliver at my place - told them about BlueDart, DTDC.
The guy assured that he will dispatch on that day - this is 2.5 days back. Till now no sign of it. Even if someone started walking from Hyderabad, they would have reached my place by now.

Got my HD finally - 8 days after it reached Hyderabad! Aramex didn't charge anything - they had sent it thru' DTDC.

Wrote to Amazon for refund of the import fees. Got an immediate reply saying the the process would be completed in 60 days, as per their policy. Waiting again.........

@prateekS How do you get to know that no custom duty was levied?

My area I. E. Manipal wasent serviceable too, hdd reached me in 5 days. No duty, got refund :p

Every time its sent by aramex, I get a prompt delivery in manipal, but in mumbai, Aramex is a nightmare...

Also as soon as u get it, chat with a customer care rep of amazon and day that no tax was levied, they will refund your deposit..

I had purchased 3 tb for 125$ back in March..

The price dropped to 115$ within three days, using the price guarantee thing I got back 125-115=10$ plus import deposit.. In the end it cost me very less :p

I asked Aramex for the bill of entry and the guy responded promptly with a PDF of the scanned bill of entry records.
The customs charges were Rs. 833 for my 2 HDDs.
Interestingly, the guy just blindly attached a 8-page PDF in which my name and a lot of other peoples' names were present - with full info about name, address, what they bought and charges. Talk about privacy violation.
I saw names of 4 other people who bought the same HDD - all charged Rs. 833 for customs of course. I also saw some private stuff... ladies who bought 'shapewear' underwear, someone who got rash ointment... There's no privacy in this country :/

^It is a public document mate , all items which are cleared together will show up together,

I had some of my fedex items cleared individually..the BOE just had my name...some of my nexus 4's were cleared along with some other people....then i realised many new online startup e-commerce sites also used hopshopgo !

Coz i saw their name on the BOE :p

Back