Seagate Dockstar Discussion and Tutorial Thread

^ What does the serial output show?

Btw can you try doing a filesystem check on the USB drive? I had the same issue before but after the uboot upgrade it worked fine.

varkey said:
Btw can you try doing a filesystem check on the USB drive? I had the same issue before but after the uboot upgrade it worked fine.
Yes it works after file system checking with the gparted livecd. But is there any workaround to prevent it in case of power failure? Can we configure to run fsck at every boot time?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Found a way to do the above. Login to Wemin. Goto System --> bootup and shutdown --> enable the checkfs.sh script to start at every boot time. Should do the trick.

^ It was already enabled for me, but it still failed to boot sometimes. But as I said, now I don't have this problem and even after a power failure it boots fine.

Do let us know if you face the problem again!

^ transmission-remote

Let the transmission-daemon run all the time. The above commands will start and stop all torrents.

OK

But what happens if I start and stop the transmission-daemon?

Also, I'm setting local time using tzselect - but the changes are not permanent - it keeps reverting to UTC. Any solution for that?

Sorry for bothering you so much :ashamed:

Also does this entry look correct?

05 02 * * * root transmission-remote -t all -s --auth admin:XXXX

50 07 * * * root transmission-remote -t all -S --auth admin:XXXX

I have been runnning my headless Atom box using the transmission-remote commands. There is no need to start and stop the daemon.

Try running dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

Guys, any GO on for this? My old download box just died and I'm looking for a cheap replacement. Or if I'm to order it online, which is the cheapest place to find it?

archat68 said:
Now guys help me with the following problem
May not be possible, and probably much more complicated with Linux. I would recommend a reinstall. Its not a very long process, and by now you know everything you need to do :)

^ Its possible. I transferred the installation to a different pendrive using the 'cp' command and it worked just fine. Partition the new disk the way you want, including the swap etc. Also make sure you run fsck before and after you copy. :)

And then use the following.

cp -ap /mnt/source/* /mnt/dest/

I'm trying to assign a static IP (192.168.2.10) to my Dockstar by using

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.2.255

Ifconfig displays the following:

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:10:75:1a:XXXX

inet addr:192.168.2.10 Bcast:192.168.2.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

inet6 addr: fe80::210:75ff:fe1a:94b9/64 Scope:Link

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1

RX packets:1644 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:1549 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:208058 (203.1 KiB) TX bytes:463517 (452.6 KiB)

Interrupt:11

lo Link encap:Local Loopback

inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host

UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1

RX packets:12 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:12 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:648 (648.0 B) TX bytes:648 (648.0 B)

But I'm unable to access internet after that. I've also tried editing /etc/network/interfaces file but had similar result.

What am I missing here?

I think i messed up with the /etc/network/interfaces file - can't access the dockstar through SSH and the router is also not assigning any IP address through DHCP.

Helppp plss.

Back