Storage Solutions Seagate India warranty is awful

deepakvrao

Adept
May 2, 2008
Had a 1.5 month network drive fail, got the RMA and couriered on 13th Dec. Delivered on 14th. Their website shows 'not recd', and I spoke to someone twice. She promised o look and get back, but never did. Doing a search here, and I find lots of similar issues. What do you guys do finally?

deepakvrao

Adept
May 2, 2008
After 4th call, and telling them I have proof of delivery, they finally acknowledged that they have recd it, and say 8-10 days for them to check it.

deepakvrao

Adept
May 2, 2008
20-30 days? That's absurd. RMA abroad is much faster than that right? I would have thought that Seagate would have universal policies across countries? Too much to hope for I guess.

Sent it to

ACCEL FRONTLINE SERVICES LIMITED

No.173, Mount Poonamallee High Road,

Porur,

CHENNAI

600 116

India

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com
It took me 23 days, had given a ST2000DL003 personally to the Accel service centre here in Mumbai. With transit time factored in, expect 25~30 days.

Also, I dont think Accel is bad, as I got an replacement for a Belkin router on the spot. I guess it has to do with Seagate/Transcend, I believe.

deepakvrao

Adept
May 2, 2008
So, today I get a mail from Seagate Singapore, saying that they have shipped my drive. Hope they would have marked it as a warranty replacement. DO they usually do that? Do the customs guys believe that? Paid too much to customs this last one week as it is.

Dec 24, 2007
Bangalore
deepakvrao said:
So, today I get a mail from Seagate Singapore, saying that they have shipped my drive. Hope they would have marked it as a warranty replacement. DO they usually do that? Do the customs guys believe that? Paid too much to customs this last one week as it is.

i also got the a similar mail when i got my drive replaced, but the drive arrived from chennai and not singapore. Hopefully the same should happen for you too.

Sep 28, 2011
Kolkata
I have a query.
I also got my harddisk replaced the gave me 320 Gb hard disk for 1.5 yr old 250Gb Hard disk. But the thing is my old drive had 5 yrs warranty and this new drive box mentions 2 year limited warranty. I just wish to know that if my drive fails then what is my remaining warranty 3.5 yrs as per old bill or 2 yrs as per replacement drive?

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
adityamunshi said:
Whats the scene with Hitachi HDDs ? Have they reduced warranty as well ?

I think Hitachi RMA will be handled by WD now. I have a Hitachi portable but never needed to RMA it. Touchwood! :p

benryu

Adept
Dec 24, 2011
i got my 500gb hdd RMA just a month ago... hand delivered it at Accel and got it replaced within a week... I dont think Accel is bad but their website status tracker is updated so dont chk that...

i even had my AMD processor RMA in Accel got that too within 10 days

Both packings were amazing and was totally satisfied with it