Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Approx 2 years and 6 months
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Moving to Solid State Storage
Purchased from OLX for personal use. No idea about original purchase date. Invoice is not available and not required by Seagate for warranty purposes. I was using it in Windows Storage Spaces (Raid0). One drive out of two has started showing warnings, so moving to SSD and selling this (good drive) off.
This is an SMR drive, so probably not good for RAID arrays in NAS (e.g. ZFS). But good enough for general purpose storage, games storage, and JBODs, SnapRAID etc.

Please note:
I will pack to the best of my abilities, and I have shipped hard drives before, across India, mostly without issues. In case you find a drive DOA, you can RMA easily. If there is shipping damage (physical damage due to which you can't initiate RMA) to the drives, I will be shipping them with insurance so you will get your full refund. You will have to record an uncut unboxing video for insurance claim like always.

PS: If you have any doubts regarding shipping or packing, refer to my seller feedback on the forum. I take buyer satisfaction very seriously.

Attachments

• IMG20230628161419.jpg
    IMG20230628161419.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG20230628161408.jpg
    IMG20230628161408.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Seagate ST4000VX013 Warranty Check Masked.png
    Seagate ST4000VX013 Warranty Check Masked.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Seagate ST4000VX013 CrystalDiskInfo Masked.png
    Seagate ST4000VX013 CrystalDiskInfo Masked.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 153
Is this a self-managed SMR disk - as in plug and play to regular desktop SATA port - and not through specific controller card. Had read somewhere that SMR disks (some models) needed such a setup...

Is this a self-managed SMR disk - as in plug and play to regular desktop SATA port - and not through specific controller card. Had read somewhere that SMR disks (some models) needed such a setup...
Not aware of such requirement, and I was using it by directly connecting to motherboard SATA port. Was connected to pibox usb3 adapter for taking these screenshots.

Not aware of such requirement, and I was using it by directly connecting to motherboard SATA port. Was connected to pibox usb3 adapter for taking these screenshots.
This seems to be a device managed (self managed) unit.
I think it would be very good for media and photos etc. storage which isn't changed each and every day....

More reading here:

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming and additional info. Just FYI for potential buyers, even though they don't like to advertise as such, most external 4TB HDDs will have SMR drives inside them.
Attaching CrystalDiskMark results as requested by @perma. Drive was connected via PiBox USB3 powered adapter.

Seagate ST4000VX013 CrystalDiskMark.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back