Budget 0-20k Secondary gpu - 5600xt ?

So i upgraded my pc and now have leftovers that almost make another build, and which can be used by family member.
Only thing missing is gpu, cpu does not have igpu.
So i need gpu for desktop usage + it will get used for some gaming too but not that much and usually older games.

New budget gpus are just disgustingly bad these days, so buying used seems like a better option.
Not looking to buy beyond say 15k, i already have a 3080 for newer games.

Anyway, point of the thread - I just came across this new gpu priced at below 14k.

Price/performance vs 6600 seems decent enough. It has 6gb vram, but i think that should be fine at this price level and for only 1080p gaming. 3y warranty

Any opinions ? I wasn't really following gpus when this was released.

Parts
AM4 + 3300x
CX450
3200 DDR4
Monitor - 1080p 60Hz

Last edited:
You can get 3060-12gb for that price easily

Used i guess, where is it available for less than 14k? Buying new will have decent premium + warranty.
From searching, 3060 used sold for 17k here ( too close to 3060ti) and 5600xt used (out of warranty) sold for 9.5k.

Build has some constraints too - power supply is CX450 ( one 8pin i think) + 65w cpu. 170w gpu is on higher side, but i will likely use optimized power limits if it becomes an issue.
Probably 100w-125w would be low enough.
Monitor is 1080p 60Hz so higher refresh wont matter and family member will only use for light gaming i think so going for higher end gpus makes little sense.
I was initially thinking more along the lines of used 1660ti but then this 5600xt showed up and looks interesting as its priced ok for a new product in this price range.
Amd also has an advantage on Linux with oob driver support so that's nice.

Get a 1660 Super/Ti used for 9K and call it a day. I would avoid Pascal/Navi-10-based GPUs, due to the lack of certain hardware features such as Mesh Shaders, which will cripple performance sooner than later. Alan Wake 2 is an example.

Get a 1660 Super/Ti used for 9K and call it a day. I would avoid Pascal/Navi-10-based GPUs, due to the lack of certain hardware features such as Mesh Shaders, which will cripple performance sooner than later. Alan Wake 2 is an example.
I really dont think alan wake will run on 1660 anyways, considering i was barelt getting 60_65 with a 6700(10gb)

I really dont think alan wake will run on 1660 anyways, considering i was barelt getting 60_65 with a 6700(10gb)
That was just an example, more games may start using it down the road, sooner rather than later.

Navi-10 and Pascal are not wise buys currently. Turing and above will deliver better optimization and value.

Back