Monitors Selecting a monitor for my new rig

onetwo27

Disciple
Ok i have been searching for a good monitor but am confused hell a lot whether to go for dell , benq or samsung. My budget for montior is 10-15 k and im looking only for 24 inch monitor. Be it LED or LCD. The GPU im using is GTX 580 with intel i7 2600

Use of monitor is for
HD Gaming
Watching HD movies
Photoshop, Maya and Video editing
Later might use it for PS3

Please help me out as i might be taking the rig by next week please.

Get the Dell U2311h. Since you mention watching movies and playing on your PS3, I assume viewing angles will be important, and only an IPS panel has good viewing angles.

@Op

If you have invested so much on gfx card/processor, why have you got only a 24 inch monitor in mind with 15k max. budget? It is utter waste of the GTX 580. You should get the U2711H 27 incher Dell Ultrasharp to utilize the true power of your gfx card. Just my thought.

:)

If you have only 15k in mind, Dell U2311H is the way to go, nothing else, mind it.

:)

If you can bear with a TN panel and most of us use that anyway, including me. Then go for a 27" TN from Amazon.com Including customs and shipping it will be around 14-18k shipped to India and delivered within a few days.

If you have to buy locally and can do with a 23" then U2311 without a shadow of doubt.

Awww.. sign of relief :D Thanks guys for ur suggestions... My comp budget is around 1 to 1.1 so almost everything with out the monitor i get it to 90 to 95k so i cant really go for higher models now ... i did see in few threads that U2311 does really perform good.. but i dont think i can shell 15 k to buy a monitor with no hdmi connection. No offense.

But could u tell me is dell 2409w better than E2420hd

@rite: will surely look into amazon.. they do add customs charges rite ??

onetwo27 said:
i did see in few threads that U2311 does really perform good.. but i dont think i can shell 15 k to buy a monitor with no hdmi connection. No offense.

But could u tell me is dell 2409w better than E2420hd

@rite: will surely look into amazon.. they do add customs charges rite ??

The U2311 has a DVI port and HDMI uses same signalling as DVI for video. Since the monitor is not going to anything with the audio signal, a HDMI = DVI in this case.

BenQ E2420HD is a pretty good monitor... has 11 ports including two HDMI ports which i think would be useful for your usage as you gonna connect your PS3 also later... Color Reproduction is pretty decent... And it also comes with built in speakers...

Back