Selling Stolen Products in Market section

bump

wake up everyone. Lets continue the discussion here.
So what did jak say. I am not able to make head nor tail out of it.
My thread was locked by puns, as i did not post proof of purchase, i do have it but it is not required for warranty purposes, and i cannot share it as it will divulge my sources. I was ready to share with admin or mods, except puns.
Yet my thread was locked. I am selling drives legitimately tax paid stuff. [emoji36] and yet puns takes personal interest in my thread. Whats cooking.

Quoting myself from another thread

I have been keenly observing things going on around the OP.
I have also purchased stuff from OP in the past.
2x Sealed Seagate Skyhawk 4TB to be exact which I then sold on Amazon.
unfortunately the buyers sent the drives back as they turned out defective. I managed to get them replaced through seagate service centre.
So I conclude that the products he sells carry official manufacturer warranty.
Infact recently I had sent a msg to ganesh to buy above 6TB drives

now comes the twist;
The Seagate HDD sold by OP are imported by PramaHikvision.
I have a friend who works in a company which is actually a RD under PramaHikvision for seagate surveillance. when someone here in the forum raised doubts about the origin of HDD sold by ganesh I got curious and asked him to trace serial nos of the drives which I have purchased from ganesh and info i got was surprising.
The two drives which i bough from ganesh were shipped to two different states and to two different resellers and yet somehow surprisingly they managed to land together with ganesh in a third state.
Now it is upto everyone in this forum to arrive at their own conclusion.

Frankly I am neither in favour nor against ganesh.

Last edited:
My thread was locked by puns, as i did not post proof of purchase, i do have it but it is not required for warranty purposes, and i cannot share it as it will divulge my sources. I was ready to share with admin or mods, except puns.
Yet my thread was locked. I am selling drives legitimately tax paid stuff. [emoji36] and yet puns takes personal interest in my thread. Whats cooking.
The drives were purchased from pramahhikvision by two different retail partners from two different states and both the retail partners are active on ecommerce platforms.
This is all I can say. now please arrive at your own conclusion.
I dont want to involve myself in this matter since a legal angle is involved.

I think you can hide the sellers and buyers name as per forum rules.
half invoice is better than no invoice :banghead:

From the other thread:

Mr.Oodibaba another time u comment ur nonsense shit u will be lying in underwater ocean :smilingimp:. ur reported to admin . If there is really kill button to delete this useless shit comments It would do good to all .

This guy is acting like the owner of the forum. What language. Mods should be really proud of themselves.

I think you can hide the sellers and buyers name as per forum rules.
half invoice is better than no invoice :banghead:
Lol what could they do with a guy who sold some high end amd cpu's. He had invoice, they were fake, he sold open used cpu after advertising as seal pack .It is easy to fake invoices . That same guy sold cpu to jaydip too. It continued over at jaydip facebook group where "rahul bannerjee" sold one cpu to jay, and jay resold to another unsuspecting buyer.
The seller was flagged by me, notified to admin yet nothing.later jaydip used id of another member KlK to buy stuff from here. I informed that to mods too. What did they do?
[emoji2960]

The drives were purchased from pramahhikvision by two different retail partners from two different states and both the retail partners are active on ecommerce platforms.
This is all I can say. now please arrive at your own conclusion.
I dont want to involve myself in this matter since a legal angle is involved.
jak i want you to answer the following question. your answer will clear out the confusion/misinterpretation of your above post.

"Based on the conclusion you have arrived after tracing the serial number of the drives. Will you buy from @ganesh_2218 if he gives you a good deal.?"
please please please answer openly in the thread. This will help everyone and probably settle the issue once and for all.

Hmm. I bought one 8tb skyhawk from him last month and he even replaced it with another one when the first one didn't work. I'll be honest i didn't ask about where he acquired it. Maybe he gets them somehow as distributor prices or something and can make profit while selling cheap and thus not wanting to reveal it.

Edit: yeah his recent posts and his behavior to being questioned didn't help at all.

So now that the guy has been banned, any idea what was the modus operandi of this supposed scam.
Probably buying computer stuff from online dealers after taking gst credit of 18% or whatever it is on his private shop or company name and selling it here. I don't think there is any fraud being committed here. The guy is just reselling stuff he bought from other online stores and pocketing the gst credit. Like another member said, as long as he is earning less than 40 lacs a year or so, he is free to not credit that amount to gst. he can count it as income. Correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I inferred reading some posts in that thread.

Edit: looks like its 28% if you take gst invoice on amazon.

Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases.

From the concerned thread:

Now comes the twist;
The Seagate HDD sold by OP are imported by PramaHikvision.
I have a friend who works in a company which is actually a RD under PramaHikvision for seagate surveillance. when someone here in the forum raised doubts about the origin of HDD sold by ganesh I got curious and asked him to trace serial nos of the drives which I have purchased from ganesh and info i got was surprising.
The two drives which i bough from ganesh were shipped to two different states and to two different resellers and yet somehow surprisingly they managed to land together with ganesh in a third state.
It seems to me he was getting drives which were supposed to be used or bundled with hikvision dvr/nvrs, and reselling them here as new etc.

Nothing wrong in that as long as you're truthful about it (or as long as they're not stolen or otherwise illegally sourced). But the main issue i had with his statements were refusing to reveal his source. Also when he says things like 'opened to test', i asked where is the packaging he has 'opened'. No answer and also very arrogant as if he has some god given birthright to sell here and we have to accept unquestionably. If it is indeed new, there would at least be an anti-static bag. Instead what we get are photos of bare drives laid out on a bed.

He has not been banned for scamming, but for abusing another member.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the concerned thread:

It seems to me he was getting drives which were supposed to be used or bundled with hikvision dvr/nvrs, and reselling them here as new etc.

Nothing wrong in that as long as you're truthful about it (or as long as they're not stolen or otherwise illegally sourced). But the main issue i had with his statements were refusing to reveal his source. Also when he says things like 'opened to test', i asked where is the packaging he has 'opened'. No answer and also very arrogant as if he has some god given birthright to sell here and we have to accept unquestionably. If it is indeed new, there would at least be an anti-static bag. Instead what we get are photos of bare drives laid out on a bed.

He has not been banned for scamming, but for abusing another member.
No the drives were not sourced legitimately. Read jak's post carefully. 2 drives were sold by paramhikvision to 2 different dealers in 2 different states, they both end up with ganesh.
Drives were sold, but were they delivered to the original buyers? I doubt it.

Back