Send a courier from UK to India

Remember, Indian Customs only gets better for the worse, you are dealing with lazy bums here who only speak 1 language "Rupees", I clearly remember how a customs officer would take his own sweet time to process a sunglasses worth 1800 (Which is supposed to be duty free as under 2k), the buyer came to the customs office with all the paperwork, customs officer kept pushing him out of the way hoping he'd shell something so it could be processed, so you can imagine what they would do if they see something shiny & nicely packed.

I don't know about sarcasm, I feel it has something to do with my avatar or maybe yours too :p
Will amazon do anything if it gets stuck there for long time?

Will amazon do anything if it gets stuck there for long time?
Amazon will ensure they deliver on or before the committed date, it won't get "stuck" in customs forever for sure, if they don't deliver by the given date several souls will be in trouble, so for their own sake they will push & kick the customs process to do it in a timely basis.
Its amazon's job & headache to ensure your parcel reaches your hands from UK, they take care of all customs stuff while you munch popcorn at home waiting for your stuff.
I had ordered something worth 50K from Amazon recently, it came to India via Aramex, once it reached here Delhivery took care of it & it was delivered before promised date. I didn't have to lift a finger.
Also if you have a Niyo card, use that you'll save on forex conversion charges.
---
Edit : Amazon will show the estimated date of arrival (In your hands), consider 2-3 days +/-

Back