Send a courier from UK to India

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-010037_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220707-010037_Chrome.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 59
Will i be charged anything more other than this? Ordering from amazon UK
AFAIK Nope. Amazon takes all charges into account and then shows total amount to be paid. Even there’s a chance to get excess amount back in case your parcel is charged less custom duty. I ordered a watch from Amazon.jp just a month ago and paid what was shown in the first place, though I didn’t get any extra refund.

Will i be charged anything more other than this? Ordering from amazon UK
If you order from Amazon dot com, they'll collect all the taxes & faxes required to get the product in your hand.
You do have to upload your aadhar for KYC purpose, customs wants it,
If the duty charged is less they also refund back & if the duty is extra they won't be knocking on your door in the middle of a cold dark night, they may weep in a corner over the loss though.
Had ordered an item worth 50K, got a mail from amazon.com saying a refund of approx 8K will be processed as duty charged was less, yet to be credited to my card as it said will take 7-10 days.
No one seems to be coming to India any time soon so looking for an alternative
Ask the Headphones to bring your friend along.
AFAIK Nope. Amazon takes all charges into account and then shows total amount to be paid. Even there’s a chance to get excess amount back in case your parcel is charged less custom duty. I ordered a watch from Amazon.jp just a month ago and paid what was shown in the first place, though I didn’t get any extra refund.
Their TnC says if you dont get a receipt of duty paid in 180 days you get the entire amount paid for duties back (Something like that), check the fine print once.

If you order from Amazon dot com, they'll collect all the taxes & faxes required to get the product in your hand.
You do have to upload your aadhar for KYC purpose, customs wants it,
If the duty charged is less they also refund back & if the duty is extra they won't be knocking on your door in the middle of a cold dark night, they may weep in a corner over the loss though.
Had ordered an item worth 50K, got a mail from amazon.com saying a refund of approx 8K will be processed as duty charged was less, yet to be credited to my card as it said will take 7-10 days.

Ask the Headphones to bring your friend along.
The last bit xD

You may have some luck with Royal mail. Go for the cheapest shipping option available with royal mail. Declare the stuff with less value. And hope for the best.
And if the customs catches it, he'll get a royal invite...
I will not rely on the Indian Post guys handling, once I ordered a Nokia N800 Tablet, those jokers delivered an empty box and requested not to raise a complain as that was the way they received it.
They have no power over customs guys as they do as per their liking with no questioning authority.

The user may be loose both the merchandise and some papers with father of the nation printed on it. Red face is complimentary.

And if the customs catches it, he'll get a royal invite...
I will not rely on the Indian Post guys handling, once I ordered a Nokia N800 Tablet, those jokers delivered an empty box and requested not to raise a complain as that was the way they received it.
That's why I said "luck". If customs do put tax on it then your postman will politely tell you to pay it at your post office.

They have no power over customs guys as they do as per their liking with no questioning authority.
As far as I know, india post handles its own customs. I don't know if things have changed now.

I would rather pay little extra (if not much) and get it through amazon paying all the customs and all.
Indian customs can really be a risky game.
Paid 1700 for 3200 game....paid 5500 (customs ) for a gift worth Rs 8000 containing card and small baby clothes. .

But been lucky also few times.

Anyways your call if you are willing to take the risk if not just wait or pay little extra and get it properly through amazon. .

I would rather pay little extra (if not much) and get it through amazon paying all the customs and all.
Indian customs can really be a risky game.
Paid 1700 for 3200 game....paid 5500 (customs ) for a gift worth Rs 8000 containing card and small baby clothes. .

But been lucky also few times.

Anyways your call if you are willing to take the risk if not just wait or pay little extra and get it properly through amazon. .
Get it properly you mean through amazon uk?

That's why I said "luck". If customs do put tax on it then your postman will politely tell you to pay it at your post office.

As far as I know, india post handles its own customs. I don't know if things have changed now.
India Post does handle customs, but the customs officers work on their own terms, had visited airport customs office in Mumbai, the postmen are there to help the officers collect bribe (Yep, they'll fix the rate for your merchandise, take you in the corner & you have to shell out the bribe), each and everyone of them is greedy, 1 guy even asked me 100 bucks so that he can enter the details of my stuff stating it is released, and yes no receipts so you can make out what are these charges for, don't think it goes in Govt. account. These jokers earn well & I mean it very well in black money (Easily 10-20K a day or maybe more) whereas your local post office has nothing to do with all of these, they get the stuff from customs office & deliver to your place, they can't help if its stolen, broken or something. You can offer them a small tip for their work but they wont ask for bribe.

Morever if you try to track in india post site, it will show as "With Customs" best you can do is wait and hope the guy on the other end is not a greedy joker. If he decides that he likes @GeeBee007 earphones for his child, he will take it home and hand over the empty packet to nearest post office. Nothing you can do about it.
Get it properly you mean through amazon uk?
It will ensure you won't get a half open packet of soiled chips, amazon guys will hammer the customs people to assess & release the stuff on priority, they have a tight deadline to meet.

India Post does handle customs, but the customs officers work on their own terms, had visited airport customs office in Mumbai, the postmen are there to help the officers collect bribe (Yep, they'll fix the rate for your merchandise, take you in the corner & you have to shell out the bribe), each and everyone of them is greedy, 1 guy even asked me 100 bucks so that he can enter the details of my stuff stating it is released, and yes no receipts so you can make out what are these charges for, don't think it goes in Govt. account. These jokers earn well & I mean it very well in black money (Easily 10-20K a day or maybe more) whereas your local post office has nothing to do with all of these, they get the stuff from customs office & deliver to your place, they can't help if its stolen, broken or something. You can offer them a small tip for their work but they wont ask for bribe.

Morever if you try to track in india post site, it will show as "With Customs" best you can do is wait and hope the guy on the other end is not a greedy joker. If he decides that he likes @GeeBee007 earphones for his child, he will take it home and hand over the empty packet to nearest post office. Nothing you can do about it.

It will ensure you won't get a half open packet of soiled chips, amazon guys will hammer the customs people to assess & release the stuff on priority, they have a tight deadline to meet.
I like how you add a little bit of sarcasm to every comment xD
anyways ordering from amazon UK....Lets hope i get a Non greedy joker with a child with hearing disability (JK) XD

I like how you add a little bit of sarcasm to every comment xD
anyways ordering from amazon UK....Lets hope i get a Non greedy joker with a child with hearing disability (JK) XD
Remember, Indian Customs only gets better for the worse, you are dealing with lazy bums here who only speak 1 language "Rupees", I clearly remember how a customs officer would take his own sweet time to process a sunglasses worth 1800 (Which is supposed to be duty free as under 2k), the buyer came to the customs office with all the paperwork, customs officer kept pushing him out of the way hoping he'd shell something so it could be processed, so you can imagine what they would do if they see something shiny & nicely packed.

I don't know about sarcasm, I feel it has something to do with my avatar or maybe yours too :p

Back