Graphic Cards Shahrukh Khan/Nvidia/Palit releases "Do you wanna be my Chamak Chalo??" graphic cards

The Sorcerer

Skilled
Oh I wish this didn't happen. I was invited but I didn't go, even though one of the other sponsors wondered if I would come :p.
2j32wk8.jpg

NVIDIA expands GeForce LAN to India and challenges Indian gamers to battle it out

Winners of India’s biggest GeForce LAN gaming tournament meet with Shahrukh Khan!
MUMBAI – India, 15 October 2011: NVIDIA has expanded GeForce LAN to India that was held on 14th October 2011 in the city of Mumbai. The event saw more than 600 Indian and International gamers competing against each other in an enormous virtual combat zone. There were various games and tracks, including a special track dedicated to female gamers. The event culminated in a grand closing ceremony, including personal congratulations from Shahrukh Khan for the winners.
Prizes were suitably glittering, the winners received:
Counter Strike

· Team “Never Say Die (NSD)” – Rs. 1 lakh + Alienware M11X Laptop
Call of Duty 4

· Team “Orange E-Sports” – Rs. 1 lakh + Alienware M11X Laptop
NFS

· Nishant Vasudev – Rs. 10k + AW 3D monitor
FIFA

· Chaitanya Vadulekar – Rs. 10k + AW 3D monitor
NFS Girls

· Roshni.N.Tasi – Rs. 10k + AW 3D monitor
GTA Girls

· Dipika Jerome – Rs. 10k + AW 3D monitor

As well as a full day of gaming action, the event ended with a spectacular closing ceremony in which Shahrukh Khan personally congratulated the winners of GeForce LAN. SRK knows a thing or two about gaming – as well as being an avid gamer himself, his new movie Ra.One centers around a game designer whose creation becomes dangerously real!
A technology and gaming enthusiast at heart, Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan commented: “Gaming has always been a passion for me, so I’m excited to be part of GeForce LAN. The event was a paradise for gamers, and I couldn’t wait to personally challenge some of the players to a few rounds!”
Vishal Dhupar, Managing Director Asia South for NVIDIA, said: “Gaming is in NVIDIA’s soul. Our cutting edge technologies allow enthusiasts to play games with eye-popping graphics and the latest effects for an immersive adrenaline rush like nothing else. Now, with GeForce LAN India, we’re bringing together the people who share our passion for this electronic sport. Like other athletes, their skills deserve to be recognised and rewarded. Let the games begin!”

I didn't know what international gamers they're talking about but its sad to see lan events being used for nothing more than PR.

Re: Shahrukh Khan/Nvidia/Palit releases "Do you wanna be my Chamak Chalo??" graphic c

Common SRK for prize distribution wth :/

Re: Shahrukh Khan/Nvidia/Palit releases "Do you wanna be my Chamak Chalo??" graphic c

wrong celebrities are dying this month :(

madnav said:
wrong celebrities are dying this month :(

Yup, its a shame, really!

Also, too bad you could not have extended the invite to some1 else. I know some1 who would have gone for this event "eyes wide shut"

What a shame,celebs ruining the game fest,Someone must've lost deliberately by seeing raone print over gtx560ti:p

SRK is the Reebok Watch/Sunglasses of the celebrity world. You find them tagged along with every other product.

"his new movie Ra.One centers around a game designer whose creation becomes dangerously real!"
sounds a lot like the premise of TRON doesnt it?

I would definitely not mind a free kareena kapoor with each prize...:eek:hyeah: But no way shah ruk ruk ke... abe rukh ja re khan!!

devvfata1ity said:
"his new movie Ra.One centers around a game designer whose creation becomes dangerously real!"

sounds a lot like the premise of TRON doesnt it?

To me it looks like spy kids 3d?+Tron+Astro Boy+Bollywood mirch masala+i, robot+kareena kapoor+songs.

Bored with too much Ra.One poster..... There are more great game to play instead of Raone..... Shahruk is every where promoting his movie... Even at gaming events ... It too much......

I wonder what he will do if the movie is a disaster....

Its an overdose of promotions

The more he promotes the more people will get irritated :)

A technology and gaming enthusiast at heart, Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan

yeah right

someone should've asked him the definition of GPU

BTW is Palit sponsoring Shahrukh to appear in their campaign or is it the other way round?

the title cracked me up "chammak challo graphic cards".and in what hell is shah rukh a technology and gaming enthusiast?someone should have asked him what LAN is.

"Do you wanna be my Chamak Chalo" graphics cards lol

Its actually the "G.ONE Signature Edition" from Zotac afaik

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/te...-signature-edition-graphics-cards_600948.html

Everywhere you look, you can’t help but spot a poster of Ra.One, supposedly Bollywood’s most expensive film yet. Now, how about a G.ONE inspired graphics card? At last Friday’s GeForce LAN party, organised by Nvidia, ZOTAC unveiled two signature edition graphics cards based on the movie Ra.One. The two cards include the GT 520 and the GTX 560 Ti, which come in a special signature edition packaging featuring none other than, Shah Rukh Khan on the box. The GTX 560 Ti is priced at Rs.15,999 while the GT 520 is priced at Rs.3,390. The pricing includes all the taxes and levies and will be available throughout the country.

Oh I wish this didn't happen. I was invited but I didn't go, even though one of the other sponsors wondered if I would come

Isn't it the same line u r using lately....we all know that you are invited....you dont need to repeat that again and again plz seriously :D

I have seen zotac gt520 Ra.one edition in local stores.

Back