User Guides Share your pictures... Free Image hosts

To complement the share your files thread/guide , here is a share your pics guide now.
To start off... many of you will say why you need any other image host other than imageshack? Well you don't need to if you are happy with it, but this thread will tell you that there are others around. They may be better, some may be worse and some almost same. Some have been around for some time, others are fly by night kind. In the end, my aim is to give you a guide from where you can choose what you want and suits you the best. if anything, you will come to know about atleast some new hosts you can try out. And i do not claim that i have listed every host out there also.(i have omitted most of the imageshack.us clones) There may be some still left which i request you guys to post on this thread. Those will be updated.
I will give the credits at the start for a change. :D
Almost all the top links are the ones i use myself and discovered myself. Rest are mostly the ones i found on many of the forums i found while browsing. And some others i found when some of my friends recommended them to me.
I am giving a compiled list below.
So lets start now
This is a beta guide. Will add ratings later for each of the below hosts
1) Imageshack
I don't think any intro is needed. THis is the seemingly best and most popular one out there right now.
Jpeg,jpg, png,gif bmp tif swf file supported.
maximum file size is 1024KB
ImageShack allows each image 100 megabytes of transfer per hour. If an image exceeds this amount, it will be rendered inaccessible.
Images are never deleted or atleast thats what is claimed.
LINK
2) PhotoBucket
An oldie. Pretty good service. Currently free accounts get 25 megs of space and 1,500 megs of bandwidth per month. Can create online photo albums easily. Hassle free login.
Direct linking is allowed. can upload up to 20 pictures at once.
Images larger than 250K will be automatically resized to 250K or smaller
Extensions allowed: .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp
LINK
3) PicShack
This may be a new one to you guys. Similar in looks to imageshack.
gif,jpg,jpeg,png,bmp,swf images supported
1024 KB maximum file size
No explicit image deletion policy. No registration required. But if you register, you images are guaranteed not to be removed
LINK
4) ImageVenue HOT
Now it starts to hot up for imageshack. THis gives you some real power and that too without registering.
Capability to set resize ratio while you upload while still mantaining aspect ratio
You can upload up to 5 files at one time.
Image Types Allowed: jpeg, jpg
maximum file size: 1.5Meg
unlimited storage period
unlimited bandwidth
no registration required
Hosted images not accessed for one year will be deleted from their dedicated server.
LINK
5) Image Barrel
another imageshack clone but with lesser ads and more cooler interface. same feature set
Maximum file size: 1024Kb (1MB)
Supported file types: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
Images are not modified or resized, and there is no compression added, automatic thumbnail creation.
Unlimite BW/ no limit specified
LINK
6) TheFileBucket
It promises a lot!!.. 100MB(right now 500MB) storage. Looks good but i haven't used it.
images, documents, music, video, zip, rar, flash files supported
no bandwidth limit set. There is a 2mb file size limit. All filetypes are accepted. Registration (free) is required.
LINK
7) UploadNext
OH no!!... yep!! its imageshack clone allright with some more control for guest users.
Hotlinking / direct linking images from their server is allowed
Max file size is 1.5 Mbyte. File formats supported are JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF, PNG, MPEG and SWF (Flash).
Unlimited BW
optional abilities to resize your image
and/or give private access to only those you give your URL to.
LINK
8 ) ImageWeb.info
More features, better layout,, less ads. Nice!!
pictures, graphics, Adobe Acrobat and Macromedia Flash files supported. No registration required
Hot linking (direct linking) is allowed from any website.
thumbnail image creation automatic
30 days no access to images will lead to deletion
Allowed File Types: GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, SWF, PDF, ZIP.
Maximum File Size: 2048 Kb
(plz see the alternate page at bottom of the index for the types)
LINK
9) SaveFile
This website offers free hosting of images, docs, zips, music, video!!!
Max file size 1024KB... YUCK!!!
But interface is cool atleast
Hotlink allowed
File types allowed: txt, jpg, gif, bmp, png, swf (Flash), arj, zip, ace, exe, txt, nfo, txt, doc, mp3, wav, xls, pdf (Adobe Acrobat files).
30 day no access deletion policy
Unlimited transfer
LINK
10) BigHosting.net HOT
WOW!!.. thats what you say when you see the file support list. And you see the extra security hassles and the not to attractive photo upload size of 1MB
and it starts to get not so good after all
No too cluttered.
Hotlinking is allowed on BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIF image file
Allowed file extensions: ARJ, AVI, BAK, BCC, BIN, BMP, BPP, CFG, CLASS, CONF, CUE, DCU, DOC, EPS, EXE, GIF, GZ, GZIP, HLP, INI, ISO, JAR, JPG, JPEG, JSP, LISP, LOG, MID, MIDI, MOV, MP3, MPG, OGG, PAS, PDF, PIC, PNG, PPT, PS, PSD, RAR, SWF, TAR, TIF, TXT, WAV, XLS, ZIP.
Best of all you can specify the time for which you want the file to be online on the server from 1 day to 1 year
LINK
Thats about it.. There are some 100 more but i reckon they are not worth it. Most are worse off than those given here or are just too unreliable.
But i may have missed some still in which case plz mention them here.
:cool2:

imageshack is the best i found another one called villagephotos.com
its not that good. there are lot of limitations in size as well as format.

very very hot and great site it is... Addmypic is a free hosting service for GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, SWF, PDF, ZIP

Addmypic is a free hosting service. This free service allows you to put your pictures, graphics, or other images on the Internet without having to pay hosting fees. After you upload your picture, you can enter your e-mail address to have the links to your file sent to you.

Allowed File Types: GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, SWF, PDF, ZIP

:hap2: :hap2: :eek:hyeah:

Back