Sharing Net On Two LAn cards simultaneously

I have three pcs (A,1,2) all running Xp prof
PC A has 3 LAN cards 1 for Net and other two connected to the other Pcs 1,2
Problem is i cant share net to more than one LAN card at a time also same is true for file sharing it seems.
Is there any way for me to enable net sharing on both my pcs and also file sharing via my PC A (To PC 1 and PC2) at the same time, without a router, Any way to create a virtual Server or something ??

Give try with windows internet sharing. I have never done it before. I will strongly suggest for an switch ( cost should be around 700-800rs), will ease your networking problems.

dr_rishimantri said:
I have three pcs (A,1,2) all running Xp prof
PC A has 3 LAN cards 1 for Net and other two connected to the other Pcs 1,2
Problem is i cant share net to more than one LAN card at a time also same is true for file sharing it seems.
Is there any way for me to enable net sharing on both my pcs and also file sharing via my PC A (To PC 1 and PC2) at the same time, without a router, Any way to create a virtual Server or something ??

I think it is windows internet sharing limitation to allow you to share LAN on only a single NIC... try downloading some other software.

I used to do the same thing. In the old days, I was sharing a dial-up connection with 3 computers, but I was using windows nt to do it. I'd installed wingate, and set up the main computer as a proxy server. It's a terrible solution. Browsing is slow, and problematic. Your file-sharing, and browsing problems will go away if you configure everything right...have you assigned static ip address to all the computers? Have you made sure that they're all of the same series i.e. for eg. 222.212.22.1, 222.212.22.2,222.212.22.5 etc ? except for the one that connects to the net, off course.
You cannot use windows internet sharing for this. You have to use a seperate proxy server suite.
Make sure all the computers are part of the same workgroup or domain.
It sometimes helps to turn off DNS...and since you've got all your wires connected with cross-over cabling, you're never going to have speeds of more than 10mb/s. So you might as well set that as the max speed in the lan card settings.
But why not just save yourself the trouble and buy a switch? You'd probably recover the cost in your second electric bill, since you would then be able to turn of the multi-homed computer.
hope that helps

Back