Shaving help...

viralbug said:
^ I had come to this thread to ask just that! I haven't been able to find a non-alcohol based after shave anywhere.
Thanks for that info.

Now need a place to find that VLCC tube. :|
Health & glo should have both.

Should mention that the two above have a bit of a sting to them like any after shave. If you dont like that then you're left with either the vaseline - total mositure or biotique - plantain. Leaves a sticky residue which goes away after a bit but no pain.

viralbug said:
^ I had come to this thread to ask just that! I haven't been able to find a non-alcohol based after shave anywhere.

Thanks for that info.

Now need a place to find that VLCC tube. :|

Nivea has a very nice after shave balm as well. Alcohol free and soothing/moisturising for people who have very dry skin right after shaving. Non-sticky as well, unlike other moisturising after-shaves I have tried.

Also, don't hesitate to try the safety-razor. It does not take too long to shave (maybe 10 minutes for a quick shave), once you get used to it.

avinashwarrier said:
Come again?
Mach 4 and mach 5 :eek:
Where do you get that from?
i thought after mach 3 , fusion came and thats it !and even fusion is a rarity in india!
Even i have to shave everyday :( Stupid college :(!

Just found this video :D

I'm Not responsible for your jeans nor the Razor :D

ah.. mach 5.. u haven't heard about it?? i use one n its awesome..it has got a vibrator too.. XD

whatsinaname said:
Nivea has a very nice after shave balm as well. Alcohol free and soothing/moisturising for people who have very dry skin right after shaving. Non-sticky as well, unlike other moisturising after-shaves I have tried.
Not been able to track this one down in India.

Btw, the ones i recommended go for 2-3x the price in the US compared to here. what a rip-off.

whatsinaname said:

Also, don't hesitate to try the safety-razor. It does not take too long to shave (maybe 10 minutes for a quick shave), once you get used to it.

So I've heard too but never actually found it in stores.

viralbug said:
So I've heard too but never actually found it in stores.

Its not very difficult to find.... I've seen few chemists selling it in Delhi... I suppose any good departmental store would be having it.... I've used that balm earlier but at that time I was prone to pimples therefore stopped using any moisturizer (too oily skin)... But now I guess I should start using it again since skin is getting rough now with open pores... :(

Even I used to get pimples after shaving. I now use ALUM dipped in water after a shave. Leave it soaked in water (+ some drops of Dettol) and rub it on my face after shaving. Helps.

Had bought this Oriflame S8 After Shave Balm from eBay. The listing has ended now and the seller hasn't relisted it, have contacted the seller regarding the same. I am very satisfied with the product, bought for Rs. 150 (150 off coupon), its non-alcohol based and has a very good moisturizing effect. I was initially skeptical of these balms compared to the traditional after shave lotion but they are indeed soothing to the skin.

Had seen some after shave gels from Gillete at Big Bazaar once but those were outrageously priced (580 bucks iirc) but apart from that havent been able to locate these balms at any general chemist or cosmetics store.

Wow, quite a selection but they only had the one i mentioned in stock.

How do you buy ?

They are a direct selling outfit like Amway. Googled for the name & my city and found the neares office, went there and tried to buy it from them but they would not sell it to me. See, you have to be a member, so there were 3 women 'consultants' there trying to upsell me all sorts of stuff but i told them i just wanted what i came for. Half an hr later i walked out with the product in hand.

It has an import sticker and is made in Poland. I guess that explains the low price, small tube of 50gm. But the company is Swedish.

From what i can gather this product cost Rs.179, the actual price if you're a member is 20% off and cost Rs.143. Membership costs Rs.150 annual so if buy stuff like this regularly you could make it back with profit if you sell to others as well.

Feel like becoming a direct seller ?

asingh said:
Even I used to get pimples after shaving. I now use ALUM dipped in water after a shave. Leave it soaked in water (+ some drops of Dettol) and rub it on my face after shaving. Helps.

where can i get ALUM and what is the cost?

I get bumps around my neck region after shaving (below the jaw till the adam's apple) , and many times after shaving it bleeds in that region and I can feel the razor passing those bumps. What might be causing this?

(I currently use MACH3 with just one pass. I have to shave everyday on weekdays. After shaving I use Adidas aftershave which is alcohol based)

Hmm. if you go for a very clean shave, then i noticed that we get pimples.

I dont like to be a clean shave and often keep 3 day old stubbles.

So i shave like twice in a week.

champrock said:
where can i get ALUM and what is the cost?

I get bumps around my neck region after shaving (below the jaw till the adam's apple) , and many times after shaving it bleeds in that region and I can feel the razor passing those bumps. What might be causing this?

(I currently use MACH3 with just one pass. I have to shave everyday on weekdays. After shaving I use Adidas aftershave which is alcohol based)

Most general stores have it. In Hindi it is known as 'phitkari'. Around 15-20 bucks for a cube. But is brittle, so should be handled carefully.

Back