Car & Bike Shoes and Socks for Ford FIGO !

Guys, i`m looking for an upgrade for Figo`s footwear against the default tyres. The dealer has promised me that i shall be provided with Goodyear GT3 tires as default tires from company with size of 175/65/14. (108PCD i believe)

although the default size of the rim/tyre is good, i believe that these default tyres of FIGO kind of depresses its looks and are too puny for the way the Figo is constructed and wishes to up-size it to the size of 15inch (if feasible without making the car wobble @ high speeds and loosing efficiency and performance).

also i wish to change the stock steel rims to good alloys which shall be in the range of 15k to 20k max for the set of 4 or 5 (whatever you guys recommend).

this is my first car and i`ve no idea about what should i go for, hence kindly help.

please recommend me a the best set of tyres and alloys with regards to size/looks/performance that can be fitted on the FORD`s Figo to make the car look good as well as maintain its supremacy over control and efficiency.

your help in this matter is required soon, as the delivery of my Figo is scheduled for 1st week of june and most of the time i`m extremely busy (super busy i should say.. leaves at 7am for work and comes back at 8-9pm) @ work (doing intern @ pepsi india).

as of now i`ve 4 tyre size in his mind:

195/50/15
205/50/15
195/55/15
205/55/15

or the best 14 incher one of you could suggest...

kindly note this is my first car and going for an upsize, hence try to give maximum possible information whilst recommending the size for the asked query.

hence:
help me in size of the tyres
help me in selection of the alloys
help me save some money
but also help me make myself happy

warm regards

IMO, the stock tires that come with Ford Figo is good enough mate, it's not as small as what we get on the Beat. Also, did you book the petrol variant? There's some talk about the FE being lower than the competition, especially in the petrol. So I guess if you upgrade the tires the FE would probably be down to unacceptable levels, I'm not sure though. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks to beeech bootli for leading me here.

My suggestion is this.

You dont need wider than 185 section tyres for hte Figo's puny engine.

Get a good looking set of alloy wheels in 14" itself. 108 PCD isnt too hard to find. If you stick to 14" the ride quality of your car will also be decent.

Get 185/65 R14 Michelin XM1+/Apollo Acelere/Yoko A drive/Conti CEC3.

They will give you very decent grip and extremely good ride comfort as well.

At the absolute limit, go in for 195/60 R14 Conti CPC. These will grip way better than the other 4 tyres I mentioned above. The Conti CPC is a segment above the XM1+, A drive, etc....

Now, if you go for 15, you will have to reduce the sidewall height. From 195/60 R14 ,you will have to fit 195/55 R15.

This will lead to a really bad ride qaulity and you risk more alloy wheel and tyre damage on such low profile tyres. You dont need 205 section tyres. On our NHC Vtec with a 100 BHP, 195/60 R 14 was more than enough. You have almost 25% lesser power.

In any case, if you dont care about cost, damage and ride quality and are keen on 15", the correct sizes you should be looking at are 195/55 R15 and 205/50 R15. Not the other 2 sizes you mentioned.

Nikhil said:
Thanks to beeech bootli for leading me here.

My suggestion is this.

You dont need wider than 185 section tyres for hte Figo's puny engine.

Get a good looking set of alloy wheels in 14" itself. 108 PCD isnt too hard to find. If you stick to 14" the ride quality of your car will also be decent.

Get 185/65 R14 Michelin XM1+/Apollo Acelere/Yoko A drive/Conti CEC3.

They will give you very decent grip and extremely good ride comfort as well.

At the absolute limit, go in for 195/60 R14 Conti CPC. These will grip way better than the other 4 tyres I mentioned above. The Conti CPC is a segment above the XM1+, A drive, etc....

Now, if you go for 15, you will have to reduce the sidewall height. From 195/60 R14 ,you will have to fit 195/55 R15.

This will lead to a really bad ride qaulity and you risk more alloy wheel and tyre damage on such low profile tyres. You dont need 205 section tyres. On our NHC Vtec with a 100 BHP, 195/60 R 14 was more than enough. You have almost 25% lesser power.

In any case, if you dont care about cost, damage and ride quality and are keen on 15", the correct sizes you should be looking at are 195/55 R15 and 205/50 R15. Not the other 2 sizes you mentioned.

thank you very much nikhil for ur advice :)

i`ve decided to remain with the 14inch rim segment.

now the only thing that i need to decide is abt the size of the tyres.. i just cant stop wishin for the 195s... (is the figo`s diesel power tat low ? )

and if i decide to go for 195`s .. how much downfall in performance i am lookin at ?

warm regards

Quite a bit. Especially the top end. For example, if your top speed with stock tyres is 150, expect the top speed to be 10 kmph lower. Depends though. Not an exact science.

Guys, i`m looking for an upgrade for Figo`s footwear against the default tyres. The dealer has promised me that i shall be provided with Goodyear GT3 tires as default tires from company with size of 175/65/14. (108PCD i believe)

although the default size of the rim/tyre is good, i believe that these default tyres of FIGO kind of depresses its looks and are too puny for the way the Figo is constructed and wishes to up-size it to the size of 15inch (if feasible without making the car wobble @ high speeds and loosing efficiency and performance).

also i wish to change the stock steel rims to good alloys which shall be in the range of 15k to 20k max for the set of 4 or 5 (whatever you guys recommend).

this is my first car and i`ve no idea about what should i go for, hence kindly help.

please recommend me a the best set of tyres and alloys with regards to size/looks/performance that can be fitted on the FORD`s Figo to make the car look good as well as maintain its supremacy over control and efficiency.

your help in this matter is required soon, as the delivery of my Figo is scheduled for 1st week of june and most of the time i`m extremely busy (super busy i should say.. leaves at 7am for work and comes back at 8-9pm) @ work (doing intern @ pepsi india).

as of now i`ve 4 tyre size in his mind:

195/50/15
205/50/15
195/55/15
205/55/15

or the best 14 incher one of you could suggest...

kindly note this is my first car and going for an upsize, hence try to give maximum possible information whilst recommending the size for the asked query.

hence:
help me in size of the tyres
help me in selection of the alloys
help me save some money
but also help me make myself happy

warm regards
Hi Guys,

My Figo 1.4 Titanium is 11 months old & has done 32000 kms so far. It is having Goodyear GT3 as stock tyres. Now 2 out of the 4 tires have got swollen (one from side walls & other on the contact patch surface). So I am looking for a tyre change very soon. Pls advise me on the below:

1. My Figo scraps it's under belly a lot. Now it has reduced a bit due to my adaptive driving style, but not vanished fully. Do I need to upgrade the tyre ? Is it really required for a Figo ? Will that increase the ground clearance ?

2. If yes, then what is the best tyre size & tyre options ?

3. If yes to bigger tyres, then will it affect the steering & handling ? I have heard from the FASS that bigger tyres void the warranty sometime & make the steering stiff. Also lead to leak in power steering fliud at times. Is it true ? Pls state the merits & de-merits of bigger tyre on Figo.

4. Can I stick to the stock tyre ? I believe most of the people would say yes, as it is the recommended size by Ford expert engineers. Even Honda City/Amaza/Brio , Old Ford Fiesta/Classic, Tata Indigo etc has the same tyre size & they perform best on those cars.

5. If yes to stock tyres, pls suggest the brands. I have shot-listed Michelin XM2 & Bridgestone B290 so far.

Quick response is much appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back