Laptops Should I buy a Macbook?

evilwit

Disciple
Hey Guys
I want to buy a mac but I have some doubts in my mind which I would like to clear before buying one.Actually I am a Windows guy since I started using a computer. So for a change and my love for the beauty of hardware and software of Mac or Apple,I want to give it a try.I don't have any major usage,I just like to watch HD(upto 4k) videos, listen to some music and surf internet.But I have been said that to have a good experience one should have other apple devices too with the mac.Is it so?Just to to tell you I am android user.And which macbook model should i go for?Air or pro?I must tell you that I want my laptop to last for good 4-5 without getting slow and I want a good screen as I am heavy movie watcher.Thanks

you should go for macbook pro with retina display as its the one with 15 inch display. although the performance may be overkill but you'll get discreet graphics. I would also advise you to wait for surface pro 4 (not book) as it will satisfy your needs along with good battery life, portability, and great screen. You can get SSD upto 1TB on these. or simply use an external hdd.

Macbook Pro with retina display with one of the best display's you can find in a laptop.
Mac os is very stable, might take some getting used to , but doesn't slow down even after years of usage unlike windows.
I personally feel the 15" to be a little too big and also was way out of my budget. but the 13" Macbook pro is the best device i ever bought over 4 years ago.

Macbook Pro with retina display with one of the best display's you can find in a laptop.
Mac os is very stable, might take some getting used to , but doesn't slow down even after years of usage unlike windows.
I personally feel the 15" to be a little too big and also was way out of my budget. but the 13" Macbook pro is the best device i ever bought over 4 years ago.
I myself have Macbook Air, and its battery life is amazing. but the retina display being the best is so 2013. nowdays all premium laptops are equiped with better display than the Macbook Pro IMHO. Mac OS will eventually slow down if bloted simmilar to windows. and a portable machine is better suited for multimedia purposes which is the requirment for OP so it doesn't makes sense to buy a heavy macbook pro. As a tablet will be much better suited along with full blown windows which is also lightweight. (it is comparable to macbook air in terms of price and vfm we get) + you can use it on public transport without looking weird/unnecessary glances.

you should go for macbook pro with retina display as its the one with 15 inch display. although the performance may be overkill but you'll get discreet graphics. I would also advise you to wait for surface pro 4 (not book) as it will satisfy your needs along with good battery life, portability, and great screen. You can get SSD upto 1TB on these. or simply use an external hdd.
I dont want a windows laptop or tablet or a hybrid as i have had enough of it.I have not disclosed my budget so sorry for that.I can only afford a retina 13.

I myself have Macbook Air, and its battery life is amazing. but the retina display being the best is so 2013. nowdays all premium laptops are equiped with better display than the Macbook Pro IMHO. Mac OS will eventually slow down if bloted simmilar to windows. and a portable machine is better suited for multimedia purposes which is the requirment for OP so it doesn't makes sense to buy a heavy macbook pro. As a tablet will be much better suited along with full blown windows which is also lightweight. (it is comparable to macbook air in terms of price and vfm we get) + you can use it on public transport without looking weird/unnecessary glances.
As I have said earlier i don't want a PC.Is macbook air with a Android tablet a good option?

Guys can you please explain to me if i really have to have a apple product with macbook to have a good experience? And the reason i don't to go for windows because they tend to get slow over a period of time even if there is no bloatware installed.And i want to experience a mac.

Guys can you please explain to me if i really have to have a apple product with macbook to have a good experience? And the reason i don't to go for windows because they tend to get slow over a period of time even if there is no bloatware installed.And i want to experience a mac.
This windows slowing down thing is a big lie. If you dont install junkware/crapware and are not stupid enough to click random links, it is not a problem as long as you use an ssd. My windows install is 7 years old and was recently upgraded to windows 10. It is still going strong.

What caused slowdowns earlier was hard drive fragmentation which is a non issue with SSDs.

This windows slowing down thing is a big lie. If you dont install junkware/crapware and are not stupid enough to click random links, it is not a problem as long as you use an ssd. My windows install is 7 years old and was recently upgraded to windows 10. It is still going strong.

What caused slowdowns earlier was hard drive fragmentation which is a non issue with SSDs.
I agree with you but the thing is I want to try mac.So please help

I agree with you but the thing is I want to try mac.So please help
Then pick up one. In terms of hardware, obviously they are overpriced but then you are paying to be in the system. At least build quality is good and apple has very good after sales service. Mac os is just freebsd with a pretty shell. If you don't like it, you can always bootcamp and run Windows.

just keep in mind the battery life in bootcamp is not as much as the mac system. if you still want to try mac I would suggest going for Macbook Air 13 as its much more portable and lighter and its not compulsary to have other apple products if you want to fully enjoy macbook. I also have ipad and iphone but apart from occassional airdrop file transfer I never really use other features like Handoff much.

just keep in mind the battery life in bootcamp is not as much as the mac system. if you still want to try mac I would suggest going for Macbook Air 13 as its much more portable and lighter and its not compulsary to have other apple products if you want to fully enjoy macbook. I also have ipad and iphone but apart from occassional airdrop file transfer I never really use other features like Handoff much.
Thanks for the reply.Are you sure that I should go air?I am saying this because of the resolution of the screen.Its not even FHD.And will it be future proof?

I dont have any apple device as of now except an ipod touch.But I have used iPhones and we cant even download a mp3 directly from internet without any software.like we need to install download managers.So is it the same in macs also?I expect mac can do that specific task (downloading mp3) but my point is,are there any restrictions or barriers in doing day to day tasks.I hope you get my point.

the main difference among macbook air and macbook pro 13 is of its processor and screen. If you prefer portability over performance then go for air else pro retina. Also if you are comfortable spending extra 30k.

I'll be honest with you and tell that Mac isn't my primary machine, and I only use it for web browsing and office apps. it does what its intended to do beautifully and perfectly.

it won't do stuffs which it doesn't intend to like washing cloths or gaming.

the main difference among macbook air and macbook pro 13 is of its processor and screen. If you prefer portability over performance then go for air else pro retina. Also if you are comfortable spending extra 30k.

I'll be honest with you and tell that Mac isn't my primary machine, and I only use it for web browsing and office apps. it does what its intended to do beautifully and perfectly.

it won't do stuffs which it doesn't intend to like washing cloths or gaming.
AFAIK weight difference air and retina 13" 128 gb is only 200g.And I can handle that.But the thingh is I dont want to spend 30k extra if the difference in the screen quality is that low that it doesn't effect me.And about the performance I want to tell you that I am not going to change my laptop for a long period of time that is around 4-5 years.So recommend me keeping this in mind.And as I have mentioned my usage,so according to you will mac be a good option for me?And I dont game

If you can afford it get a 13" macbook Pro with retina.
1. Better processor.
2. 8gb RAM instead of 4gb ( this will make it future proof)
3. HDMI ( extremely useful)
4. Retina Screen. (Honestly Macbook Air resolution is not too great by today's standard)

I recommend going to a electronic store an check out both before buying.
You'll get a first hand idea of portability and difference in screen.

If you can afford it get a 13" macbook Pro with retina.
1. Better processor.
2. 8gb RAM instead of 4gb ( this will make it future proof)
3. HDMI ( extremely useful)
4. Retina Screen. (Honestly Macbook Air resolution is not too great by today's standard)

I recommend going to a electronic store an check out both before buying.
You'll get a first hand idea of portability and difference in screen.
Thanks for the reply mate.I think that's a good idea to visit a electronic store to check out the differences in screen.But can you tell me thay will air last for 4-5 years keeping in mind that it has only 4 gigs of ram and entry level processor.I mean can you figure it out looking at 4-5 years old mac that are running current osx versions without any problems.

Back